• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Engineer Gates

Eldrex

Legacy Supporter 5
This last week end my town and I discovered that engineer gates can only be a maxmimum of 8 blocks tall. Although they are useful, this is very limited for builds such as gates for towns, castles, and anything else. My request is that the maximum height is changed to 20 to 24 blocks. This way it will still not be extremely overpowered (not that it is to begin with), and it could have more uses. - Wyzards

_Trains_

Obsidian
This last week end my town and I discovered that engineer gates can only be a maxmimum of 8 blocks tall. Although they are useful, this is very limited for builds such as gates for towns, castles, and anything else. My request is that the maximum height is changed to 20 to 24 blocks. This way it will still not be extremely overpowered (not that it is to begin with), and it could have more uses. - Wyzards

Since you get engineer gates at level 45, maybe we can turn it into a "the higher the level, the higher you can make a gate". With something like level 30 being able to make a gate with 4 blocks in height, up to a level 60 with a 24 height ability.

0xNaomi

Legacy Supporter 6
Retired Staff
Since you get engineer gates at level 45, maybe we can turn it into a "the higher the level, the higher you can make a gate". With something like level 30 being able to make a gate with 4 blocks in height, up to a level 60 with a 24 height ability.
Profs max at 50 now... they have been that way since the leveling change.

_Trains_

Obsidian
Profs max at 50 now... they have been that way since the leveling change.
Doesn't tier 2 go to 60? In that case, we could still move forward, saying "To get to a gate with 24 blocks in height, you must be level 60 (meaning they must be T2)".

0xNaomi

Legacy Supporter 6
Retired Staff
Doesn't tier 2 go to 60? In that case, we could still move forward, saying "To get to a gate with 24 blocks in height, you must be level 60 (meaning they must be T2)".
Tier 2, what? There are no tier 2 spec'd professions. Crafter -> Prof and that's it.
Please, learn game mechanics before suggesting things.

_Trains_

Obsidian
Tier 2, what? There are no tier 2 spec'd professions. Crafter -> Prof and that's it.
Please, learn game mechanics before suggesting things.

I am amazing at this game ;) . No, that might be my 3AM brain working right now, but we could still follow through a bit with just up to level 50. We could have engineering gates start at level 20/25, but every 5 or 10 levels you can make bigger gates.