• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Endurance needed for chainmail armor?

Just wondering. How much wend would it take to complete the set?

Is it worth just going for CON as that gives base health.

I'm a Wizard so Stamina isn't really important.

Aerokii

Legacy Supporter 8
Time to math things up here. As a disclaimer, all values I'm using right now are taken from the wiki, and subject to change- or to be outright wrong.

Now, the numbers we need to do this- to equip full chain, you need an armor weight of 60. As a wizard, you start off with a base of 26.25 weight capacity. However, you also start with an endurance of -3. Each point of endurance is worth 0.75 carrying capacity, so...

Starting Weight = 26.25 + (0.75 * -3) = 24.

Knowing this, we can find out how many more points you need by taking the difference of your current capacity and your desired capacity.

Additional weight capacity required = 60 - 24 = 36

Now we can figure out how many endurance points you need to add in total in order to hold all the armor. For 36 more weight points at 0.75 weight per point of endurance, we have the below formula.

36 = Additional Endurance points * 0.75

36 / 0.75 = Additional endurance points = 48 points into endurance

Now, since you have -3 Endurance to start off with, this will put your Endurance total at 45. For reference, as a max-level Paladin, my Endurance is 34, and as you stated, you won't need stamina for much. As such, going for full chain as wizard isn't really feasible.

Hope this helps!

Dakinara

Legacy Supporter 6
yar, 20-35 attribute range is where you want to be for investing strongly in an attribute without losing too many allocation points. It could be feasible going over in a few cases (int for wizard / necro / beguiler, wis for cleric / druid, agility for ranger, maybe even strength for berserker), but generally would try and keep points in that range to get best bang for your attribute buck lol.

Time to math things up here. As a disclaimer, all values I'm using right now are taken from the wiki, and subject to change- or to be outright wrong.

Now, the numbers we need to do this- to equip full chain, you need an armor weight of 60. As a wizard, you start off with a base of 26.25 weight capacity. However, you also start with an endurance of -3. Each point of endurance is worth 0.75 carrying capacity, so...

Starting Weight = 26.25 + (0.75 * -3) = 24.

Knowing this, we can find out how many more points you need by taking the difference of your current capacity and your desired capacity.

Additional weight capacity required = 60 - 24 = 36

Now we can figure out how many endurance points you need to add in total in order to hold all the armor. For 36 more weight points at 0.75 weight per point of endurance, we have the below formula.

36 = Additional Endurance points * 0.75

36 / 0.75 = Additional endurance points = 48 points into endurance

Now, since you have -3 Endurance to start off with, this will put your Endurance total at 45. For reference, as a max-level Paladin, my Endurance is 34, and as you stated, you won't need stamina for much. As such, going for full chain as wizard isn't really feasible.

Hope this helps!

First of all thanks for you in depth response.

After reading it, along with the wiki I came to the conclusion, that I totally agree with you. I decided that I would put 2 allocation point into END and leave it at that. This enables me to equip boots and leggings which provides me with 20% damage reduction. From here on out I will invest my points into CON and INT to balance me into a damage dealer primarily and increase my health pool as I decide necessary.

Again, many thanks for your help

Aerokii

Legacy Supporter 8
First of all thanks for you in depth response.

After reading it, along with the wiki I came to the conclusion, that I totally agree with you. I decided that I would put 2 allocation point into END and leave it at that. This enables me to equip boots and leggings which provides me with 20% damage reduction. From here on out I will invest my points into CON and INT to balance me into a damage dealer primarily and increase my health pool as I decide necessary.

Again, many thanks for your help

Happy to help! You might want to add to wisdom as well, so along with your increased HP and survivability you'll have decent mana regen as well. But, that's all a matter of preference- good luck with your build!