• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion EnchantView

agedbear

A frightening Cactus!
http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/753030-164-thebombzens-mods/#EnchantView

This. please.

It is very frustrating to try and enchant weapons for myself or others only go get Knockback I on 30+ swords or Punch I on 15 different bows and, for a player with limited game time available, losing levels on wasted enchants that nobody wants to buy.

If i understood the FAQ correctly on this, and i admittedly don't know a whole lot about MC mods/plugins, i believe that it does not require that all connecting clients have the mod but only activates if they do. If that is correct then it would be an invaluable tool for the enchanting class

Babibab

Legacy Supporter 4
Not speaking as an enchanter, but it seems to me like the randomness of the enchanting is.... well, it's one of the parts of being an enchanter, you get to make the most marketable objects in the game. As you must know, a god pick or god sword is almost an insta-sell, in some cases people will have you even name your price.

If an enchanter can just make whichever item, it's likely he'll always make the most powerful, which will make the powerful enchantments mundane serverwide, in time, their price will drop and everyone will have access to them.

Rarity has a purpose, it makes for an enhanced player experience, getting something valuable by sheer randomness is extremely satisfying, or extremely frustrating.

I understand the frustration linked to your query, but i don't think enchantview should ALWAYS be on, I think it could be a good idea to have an item in game that once consumed would give enchantview to the person for maybe ten seconds, like maybe a sort of a skill using an enderpearl, in RP terms, the enchanter would look through the pearl to see the enchantment, but that would consume the pearl itself.

I would say that's a level 65 skill with very very hard to get materials.

Completely installing enchantview for an enchanter to use at will could ruin HC's economy and pricing on enchanted weapons.

Ultanian

Portal
I hope you guys feel lucky, enchanting is being changed in 1.8. Saw jeb_'s post on reddit. The new method in vanilla will require other items (most likely gold ingots) and tells you one of the possible enchantments. Also, levels are taken away based on the power of enchant. If you pick a lvl 30 enchant, you won't drop down to 0, but to 27. Level 30 enchants are always on the bottom row, which mean 3rd power level. I wonder how this will affect Herocraft?

EDIT: Also, you can't just pick up the item you are enchanting and put it back in for a different list of enchantments. Jeb made it so the list stays the same for different items.