• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Enchanter's suffer for their craft

Super593

Glowstone
This could go great for enchanters.

However it's not bad to be an enchanter considering as long as your an enchanter you won't lose levels.It's just annoying reworking the exp back.

Plus 1 mining trip with a God pick and alot of torches you make ALOT back.

Definently should be considering for herocraft.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Well, the process will be.

Add item reagent and GAIN exp on enchanting - no gain from mining.

I'll keep an eye on this.

Yavool

Legacy Supporter 9
Well, the process will be.

Add item reagent and GAIN exp on enchanting - no gain from mining.

I'll keep an eye on this.

I am not well versed in mods...but what would happen to HC enchanting if Minecraft updated (say to 1.8, e.g.) and this mod lagged behind akin to what has happened with macros?

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
I am not well versed in mods...but what would happen to HC enchanting if Minecraft updated (say to 1.8, e.g.) and this mod lagged behind akin to what has happened with macros?
That's always a worry of any addition - I strive to keep us as lean as possible and ensure we stay on either massively used plugins or things we can easily update ourselves.

We would integrate this logic into Heroes directly if we were to decide on using it, not sure how much it would take to to do though. @Sleaker with the above plugin as reference, can we integrate an item requirement / use for Enchanting?

agedbear

A frightening Cactus!
This could go great for enchanters.

However it's not bad to be an enchanter considering as long as your an enchanter you won't lose levels.It's just annoying reworking the exp back.

Plus 1 mining trip with a God pick and alot of torches you make ALOT back.

Definently should be considering for herocraft.

Actually you do lose levels. At least as of 3 days ago you still did. I've been stuck around the 35ish mark from making multiple God Picks for folks as well as enchanting weapons for use while leveling as a Pyromancer. 1 Unb3Eff4 enchant takes around 135 XP or so (ive seen this fluctuate +/- 30 XP) After making 4-5 God Picks ill get bumped down a level. Now god forbid that you get assaulted by a bandit (i'm looking at some of the more hated townies out there :p ) and get camped long enough for your death chest to unlock and become fair game you have just lost all that XP and now have nothing to show for it. As for a good mining trip, i would love to but i dont have a whole lot of time to go mining for hours on end. All in all I do love being an enchanter but I lack the time to make up for the XP loses to make it profitable for me to continue

Yavool

Legacy Supporter 9
Actually you do lose levels. At least as of 3 days ago you still did. I've been stuck around the 35ish mark from making multiple God Picks for folks as well as enchanting weapons for use while leveling as a Pyromancer. 1 Unb3Eff4 enchant takes around 135 XP or so (ive seen this fluctuate +/- 30 XP) After making 4-5 God Picks ill get bumped down a level. Now god forbid that you get assaulted by a bandit (i'm looking at some of the more hated townies out there :p ) and get camped long enough for your death chest to unlock and become fair game you have just lost all that XP and now have nothing to show for it. As for a good mining trip, i would love to but i dont have a whole lot of time to go mining for hours on end. All in all I do love being an enchanter but I lack the time to make up for the XP loses to make it profitable for me to continue

A god pick takes exactly 270xp without fluxuation to create. As an enchanter who has gone up and down and up and down again with xp, I actually like the fact that it requires adding xp levels in order to make more picks. I do wish disenchanting would grant more xp (more than 10xp for a disenchanted god pick doesn't seem like enough, but it would have to scale with the xp cost of making it so that there isn't concern of breaking the system - maybe more on that another time). With a "cost" to enchanting, it creates a limitation on how many items one enchanter can make, and thus limits the pool of those items in the market to those who focus in enchanting. When enchanters eventually get the ability to sell their wares, then it will allow for them to specialize there xp useage into a specific area (diamond tools, iron tools, bows, swords, etc) so that they can have a special niche; or if they want it all, then they will have to mine more and/or buy more xp bonuses from the HC store.

I haven't looked too deeply at the mod though, it might be a good thing too! :)

-yav

agedbear

A frightening Cactus!
A god pick takes exactly 270xp without fluxuation to create. As an enchanter who has gone up and down and up and down again with xp, I actually like the fact that it requires adding xp levels in order to make more picks. I do wish disenchanting would grant more xp (more than 10xp for a disenchanted god pick doesn't seem like enough, but it would have to scale with the xp cost of making it so that there isn't concern of breaking the system - maybe more on that another time). With a "cost" to enchanting, it creates a limitation on how many items one enchanter can make, and thus limits the pool of those items in the market to those who focus in enchanting. When enchanters eventually get the ability to sell their wares, then it will allow for them to specialize there xp useage into a specific area (diamond tools, iron tools, bows, swords, etc) so that they can have a special niche; or if they want it all, then they will have to mine more and/or buy more xp bonuses from the HC store.

I haven't looked too deeply at the mod though, it might be a good thing too! :)

-yav
thank you for the corrected numbers Yav! i was just going off the top of my head. Just wanted to point out that Enchanters do lose levels while enchanting which can make it a bit difficult to level

Ultanian

Portal
1.8 lapis is required item for enchanting... I'm thinking lapis lazuli is going to be expensive after update.