• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Enchanter Expansion

Eldrylars

Legacy Supporter 8
Hello and welcome to my brain!

On today's agenda is me pleading to the gods to let us code in a new heroskill!
/skill Imbue
  • Holding an enchanted book in your hands type /skill imbue
  • Switch the item in your hand to the desired target and type /skill imbue
    • Switch the item in your hand to the desired target and right click an anvil/enchanting table
  • Skill applies the enchantment to the target item.
  • The enchanted book is consumed as well as a diamond block.
    • Enchanted book is consumed as well as reagents based on enchantment.
      • Book is consumed as well as X experience.
Concerns?
I have a few I can think of and can hopefully debunk.
  • Fire Aspect, Hoes, Shovels, Discs, Blazerods... will unbalance melee combat!
    • Some of these items already exist in the world anyhow and although this will give a boost to the wielder they will cost a lot to make and are just as easily lost if the user makes a bad move.
  • This will give certain players godly equipment!
    • Yes it will! Godly equipment that you will get to take if you are lucky enough to loot their death chest! The Protection 4 armor already exists, the Fire Aspect weapons already exist but this will make it so that with a large cost a player can actually start crafting custom equipment.
  • It won't cost much to get an advantage!
    • Enchanted books usually cost about 30 Emeralds to make. If it also costs a Diamond block or 1000 XP you are looking at a Diamond sword that just cost you 12 Diamonds and 30 Emeralds to make. Not to unreasonable but not cheap. You could figure a Master Piece Diamond Sword, Sharp 4, Fireaspect 2, Unbreaking 3 would cost 90 emeralds and 30 Diamonds or 480c

Delfofthebla

Legacy Supporter 4
Retired Staff
I think this could be cool. It would add a bit more interesting equipment to the game, and possibly motivate players to keep these things around. There...may be a few balance concerns, but powerful equipment already trumps that pretty hard. (Protection / Gold / FireAspect weapons that aren't swords). If the balance got too rough we could always give it the ol' nerf bat as per usual, but I don't think that'd be much of an issue.

I understand that Kainzo was eventually planning to add a custom item drop system, but this would be something nice that could fill the gap between now and then. I don't think it would be horribly difficult to code either.

Overall, I think it'd be nice to see this on HC.

Eldrylars

Legacy Supporter 8
I understand that Kainzo was eventually planning to add a custom item drop system, but this would be something nice that could fill the gap between now and then.

I somewhat disagree, I would say that this would compliment a custom item drop system. Allowing players to create custom items would fit well into the custom item drop system, allowing players to hunt or work for creating the items they want. It would also work well with an eventual overhaul of the enchanting system itself.

Delfofthebla

Legacy Supporter 4
Retired Staff
I somewhat disagree, I would say that this would compliment a custom item drop system. Allowing players to create custom items would fit well into the custom item drop system, allowing players to hunt or work for creating the items they want. It would also work well with an eventual overhaul of the enchanting system itself.
I suppose you have a good point there.

Zaihn

Legacy Supporter 5
I really like this idea! This will also help with the economy by providing an alternative, yet costly practice for enchantments.