• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Economy, class costs balancing.

Eldrylars

Legacy Supporter 8
Now that all classes can use most of the armor types, the cost factor of classes has changed.
I would propose to both help the economy as well as balance class costs to introduce two or three reagents to each class that have no reagents so we can promote the selling of and using of all mob drops and uncommon world items.

Let's make it so that we are not each sitting on two double chests of eyes, string, slime, flint, flesh, flowers.....

Green: Balanced Red: To expansive Orange: Needs 2 or 3 reagents Yellow: Needs 1 or 2 Reagents.

My initial thoughts:

Ranger has String, Compass,
Runeblade: None
Ninja aka "assassin": Flint, Sulpher, Sulpher, String
Bard: None

Wizard: has Redstone, Sulfer, Sulpher, Sulpher, Enderpearl
Pyromancer: Flint,
Necro: String, RottenFlesh, Enderpearl
Beguiler: Diamond, Slime, Flesh

Paladin: Cactus, Rose,
Berserker: None
Dragoon: None

DreadKnight: Flint,

Cleric: Cactus, Cactus, Rose
Druid: Sulpher, Rose
Bloodmage: None
Disciple: None

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Now that all classes can use most of the armor types, the cost factor of classes has changed.
I would propose to both help the economy as well as balance class costs to introduce two or three reagents to each class that have no reagents so we can promote the selling of and using of all mob drops and uncommon world items.

Let's make it so that we are not each sitting on two double chests of eyes, string, slime, flint, flesh, flowers.....

Green: Balanced Red: To expansive Orange: Needs 2 or 3 reagents Yellow: Needs 1 or 2 Reagents.

My initial thoughts:

Ranger has String, Compass,
Runeblade: None
Ninja aka "assassin": Flint, Sulpher, Sulpher, String
Bard: None

Wizard: has Redstone, Sulfer, Sulpher, Sulpher, Enderpearl
Pyromancer: Flint,
Necro: String, RottenFlesh, Enderpearl
Beguiler: Diamond, Slime, Flesh

Paladin: Cactus, Rose,
Berserker: None
Dragoon: None

DreadKnight: Flint,

Cleric: Cactus, Cactus, Rose
Druid: Sulpher, Rose

Bloodmage: None
Disciple: None
Wizard is very popular, honestly dont see a need to reduce their reagent costs... maybe less sulpher.

The melee-based classes also should use less reagents, most of the time.

Licksterboy

Legacy Supporter 3
I agree with most of these and will think of a few ideas tomorrow. With bloodmage though, I think we should keep the regeant limit to 1-2 only because bloodmages already have 2 given regeants, mana and health. I would say berserker would need the same but it really only has a few skills that require a minimal amount of health.

Warmachinexp

Legacy Supporter 3
Wizards have never really had a problem with regents. It also kind of balances out with how much damage they do and how mobile they are.

victim130

Legacy Supporter 8
I think with the current gear return policy on death, Reagents are tough shit. We flipped the whole caster graveyard dominance to melee. Not sure how we can combat this, but its a bit rough being a caster trying to return to defend yourself when the melee guys always have just what they need to fight.

Though I will say, some hybrid classes fall out of this and have a slight rough time.

Last edited:

Delfofthebla

Legacy Supporter 4
Retired Staff
Runeblade's require a lot of redstone for blink, by the way. I agree with Kainzo on Wizard. Also, Pyromancer now needs sulphur and enderpearls, just like Wizard.

The only classes that I truly find are really lacking in reagent costs are Disciple and Bloodmage. The graveyard running nonsense these two classes can produce is a bit silly.

I think with the current gear return policy on death, Reagents are tough shit. We flipped the whole caster graveyard dominance to melee. Not sure how we can combat this, but its a bit rough being a caster trying to return to defend yourself when the melee guys always have just what they need to fight.

Though I will say, some hybrid classes fall out of this and have a slight rough time.

I can agree with this though. The durability hit on revive is actually pretty taxxing, but is it enough to stop Graveyard running? na.

I played around with respawning players at low hp, and then heal them up to full over time. I actually really liked that system, but I think it needs more work before we finalize it for live (it should be removed right now if we have latest Heroes in). What do you guys think of having players respawn at lower HP, and then slowly restore to full health over time?

victim130

Legacy Supporter 8
Runeblade's require a lot of redstone for blink, by the way. I agree with Kainzo on Wizard. Also, Pyromancer now needs sulphur and enderpearls, just like Wizard.

The only classes that I truly find are really lacking in reagent costs are Disciple and Bloodmage. The graveyard running nonsense these two classes can produce is a bit silly.

I can agree with this though. The durability hit on revive is actually pretty taxxing, but is it enough to stop Graveyard running? na.

I played around with respawning players at low hp, and then heal them up to full over time. I actually really liked that system, but I think it needs more work before we finalize it for live (it should be removed right now if we have latest Heroes in). What do you guys think of having players respawn at lower HP, and then slowly restore to full health over time?
I like that idea. However, would it be possible to make the graveyard provide the regen? I know on live, many people were complaining about how the regen would randomly stop. I just feel if its from an external source, they are more likely to heal to full and also keeps them in the graveyard until they are full.