• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Early Game Druid

kuhlkid

Legacy Supporter 9
From experience playing solo, which also needs to be mentioned that not many people do that, but regardless people should be able to play healers as a solo role, at least against the environment. I'm suggesting that, at least for the druid class, the only one I've played from the healer tree, there needs to be a boost in power towards non player characters. Either it be a boost in power with their melee hits to NPCs or maybe a specific skill that can only target mobs to allow for a greater damage output without messing with the balance of PVP. Currently I find myself getting shreked by mobs due to the high CD and somewhat low damage abilities early against any mob.

[PROBLEMS]
Not much DPS to mobs early

[SUGGESTIONS]
Ability to only target mobs for extra DPS
Lowering of CD on Ire
Increasing melee damage with their weapon

HeroGuy426

Glowstone
How about adding special PvE effects that only work on mobs and not players(It's PvE)? Ex) Have a slow or something on something that doesn't normally have one. It only works on mobs though.

Irishman81

Senior Staff
Guide
Architect
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 7
From experience playing solo, which also needs to be mentioned that not many people do that, but regardless people should be able to play healers as a solo role, at least against the environment. I'm suggesting that, at least for the druid class, the only one I've played from the healer tree, there needs to be a boost in power towards non player characters. Either it be a boost in power with their melee hits to NPCs or maybe a specific skill that can only target mobs to allow for a greater damage output without messing with the balance of PVP. Currently I find myself getting shreked by mobs due to the high CD and somewhat low damage abilities early against any mob.

[PROBLEMS]
Not much DPS to mobs early

[SUGGESTIONS]
Ability to only target mobs for extra DPS
Lowering of CD on Ire
Increasing melee damage with their weapon
Druid is a very strong class, and if you find yourself getting "shrekt" by mobs, you aren't playing the class right. Druid isn't supposed to be left click against mobs, you ire, bolt, ire, heal, repeat. The heals on Druid are very good and the cooldowns aren't bad.

kuhlkid

Legacy Supporter 9
Druid is a very strong class, and if you find yourself getting "shrekt" by mobs, you aren't playing the class right. Druid isn't supposed to be left click against mobs, you ire, bolt, ire, heal, repeat. The heals on Druid are very good and the cooldowns aren't bad.
You also need to check that I said early game, as defined by Kainzo as being levels 1-20, which you only have one damage spell.

Irishman81

Senior Staff
Guide
Architect
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 7
You also need to check that I said early game, as defined by Kainzo as being levels 1-20, which you only have one damage spell.
1. If you find yourself having trouble with mobs at a low level, then go closer to spawn. 2. Healers are designed for mostly group fights, and you can't just base it off going solo.

kuhlkid

Legacy Supporter 9
I'm near spawn, and A class shouldn't be unplayable/extremely hard just because you are solo, But that's not my decision to make.

zecaseo

ICE ICE ICE!
Lets compare druid to cleric in 1-20 shall we?

Druid starts with a moderate to high damage spell and a heal, as does cleric. However, cleric has more armor. It is important to note that clerics only deal ~40 damage to non-undead mobs.

Additionally, it isn't right to determine the strength of a class based off the first 20 levels, and playing as what I consider a caster/healer hybrid you shouldn't be using melee for most of your damage, kiting is more effective.

To simplify, kainzo please give replenish, superjump, backstab and megabolt to cleric...

Dsawemd

Wiki Team
Legacy Supporter 8
Druid is fine to level. It can output more healing than damage though, so the best strategy is to team up with a damage dealer and go slightly farther from spawn than either of you could alone, and take advantage of the extra experience together.

Compared to other classes skill sets, Ire is a decent skill for an all-around damage skill granted to a Healer.

The original post rants about how slow it is to level Druid solo. Working as intended.

Delfofthebla

Legacy Supporter 4
Retired Staff
I'm near spawn, and A class shouldn't be unplayable/extremely hard just because you are solo, But that's not my decision to make.
That's a very "current gen" mindset, that I tend to disagree with.

Healers, and all support based classes, should need to rely on other classes to level (and perform) effectively. Not saying it should be impossible, but it is not intended to be "effective" or "efficient".

I will say this though: Without any proper Dungeons or PvE content on HC, I sympathize with how hard it is to actually get people together to level up. However if it is simply a playstyle choice to go solo, I'd argue you chose the wrong class. If you truly are only interested in playing Druid solo however, the "slow leveling" is just something you'll have to deal with.