• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion [Dungeon's]

Beau_Nearh

Portal
Right, below will be a list of problems I feel are present within most of the dungeons we have as well as how they play out in terms of gameplay and in terms of balance within the classes available.

Problem(s);

+Dungeons are currently suited more so to heavily armored, high hitting classss (All warrior classes and maybe a few other select class's)
+Casters and rogues are really struggling due to most of the layouts each dungeon has (tight areas and very little ranged areas for these classes to hit from range/ kite)
+The support casters or rogues may bring to a raid party is heavily out weighted by another player who has choosen Dreadknight or Paladin for example
+some rooms seem overly cluttered (such as vines) making ranged attacks less effective (not to big of a point)
+Too many creeper spawners (in my opinion). All this does is helps kill the other existing mobs by allowing them to blow up
+No reason to battle your way though dungeons to get to the final rooms when you can just run past all the mobs relatively easy
+some dungeons seem to have ender portals in but we can't place ender eyes to open them (this makes me very sad)
+(Place holder for other possible problems people feel are present)

Possible solution(s);

+Introduce more heavily armored mobs (will help edge the armor ignoring damage casters and rogues bring to the table)
+Introduce a few more open areas (if possible) as currently it's just a clusterfuck thoughtout most of the dungeons
+reduce the amount of creeper spawners and replace them with other mobs (cave spider spawners would wreak everyone's day so use them)
+reduce some clutter in certain areas
+regen all dungeons (I know this one is a WIP but it's worth putting it on)
+have check points/ certain requirements needed to be met to reach the next level (could come in the form of switching all the leavers to open up the next level?)
+Have more mobs spawning with potion effect applied to them (would give some casters a great benefit as they can steal effects off targets!) ((think of all the potion effects you can steal casters!))

Possible future problem(s) after reging the dungeons;

+Not enough lighting in areas
+(place holder)

Note(s);

I am aware this is still very early development of the whole Dungeon side of things and how it's going to play out but I feel as these points really do need to be addressed or at least taken into account.
Thanks for your time in reading this, I'll be updating this post on feedback given :)