• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Dtp deaths

Egorh

Outcast
Legacy Supporter 7
From my chat with people earlier today in off-topic I came to a conclusion that the deaths shown by using the /dtp commands needs a bit of tweaking.

Right now when you do /dtp deaths, /dtp deaths <player>, or ./dtp top deaths it shows your deaths from mobs, PvP deaths and what ever else you die from. I suggest that it only shows PvP deaths for multiple reasons.

1. /dtp kills command only shows your PvP kills and you can't really compare your kills and deaths if over 1/2 of your deaths are from mobs and other things.

2. When people search how many deaths you have by using the /dtp commands they most likely want to know how many times you have died in battle with other people not how many times you have died to monsters

@Kainzo

Joka10

Soulsand
I agree. It would be nice if there were a separate kills/deaths measurement in relation to mobs, fall damage, etc., but using one system to compare all deaths with only player kills doesn't really make sense. Plus, if someone does /dtp kills soandso, and sees that they have 20 PvP kills, then does /dtp deaths soandso, and sees that that same person has 500 deaths, they're going to assume that person really sucks at PvP from the deaths, even if that person only has like 2 PvP deaths. It's just very skewed right now.

Egorh

Outcast
Legacy Supporter 7
A death is a death...
But no one really cares how many times you have died to mobs. Why does it only count your PvP kills and not your mob kills, it does not make much sense to me. If you look at it like an equal ratio, it should be pvp kills: pvp deaths but right now it is pvp kills: pvp deaths + mob deaths + other deaths. You can't compare the two because there is a bunch of extra things added on.

teddytazer

Soulsand
As far as death is concerned your immortal. what matters is what u walk away with after the fight. I havent lost much due to dying mostly cause since map started i havent been able to really access chests.

A

alexhoff1

I agree with this.
Dome of death is a killer, I have atleast 125 deaths from those rounds, which severely drops my kill to death ratio.
I have way more kills than I do deaths atm too, (by like 50ish?) but I should have over 175, due to all the DoD deaths, and mob deaths outside of PVP.

If this is possible I would love to see this addition, thanks @Kainzo!

iTzDeXy

Legacy Supporter 6
From my chat with people earlier today in off-topic I came to a conclusion that the deaths shown by using the /dtp commands needs a bit of tweaking.

Right now when you do /dtp deaths, /dtp deaths <player>, or ./dtp top deaths it shows your deaths from mobs, PvP deaths and what ever else you die from. I suggest that it only shows PvP deaths for multiple reasons.

1. /dtp kills command only shows your PvP kills and you can't really compare your kills and deaths if over 1/2 of your deaths are from mobs and other things.

2. When people search how many deaths you have by using the /dtp commands they most likely want to know how many times you have died in battle with other people not how many times you have died to monsters

@Kainzo

Instead of having it only do pvp deaths why not have /dtp deaths for overall deaths (as it is now), /dtp pve deaths for mobs, falldamage, fire, etc deaths and /dtp pvp deaths for pvp deaths.
The way you want it may not benifit all because not everyone wants to know pvp deaths and this could lead on to /dtp pve kills to show all the mobs you have killed to compare with others and other commands to show the user(s) a more detailed representation of their player or others.

Dwarfers

Legacy Supporter 6
I prefer the old death system where it counted each unique kill/death to/from another player. I agree that deaths count mobs deaths and pvp deaths and kills counting pvp kills only is not the best idea.