• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion [Druid] Suggestions

Do you think Druid needs a buff?

• Total voters

AdamForte649

Legacy Supporter 6
1. As you know druid is "one with nature" so far playing around with druid it doesn't seem to concern me that nature only involves bolt, earthwall and ramparvine.

2. Druids as you know are ment to be quite a support and to help out your party. So for starters I would like to introduce a skill known as "Acid Rain" Which you ahieve at the level 20 replacing Forage. Acid Rain is a lot like blizzard except its in a circle and it is targeted for 3.5 seconds following the target dealing around 1-1.5 hearts ever acid hit.

3. I would also like to implement something to do like "SummonTree" or something which is a damage skill, suffocating the player over 5 seconds. As for the damage skills Something around there will make druid more of a choice for people.

4. I would like to add a better version of Paladins Skill "Absolution" as I feel soothe doesn't really do that instant-heal that you definitely need when in a fight, I would also feel the need to add this but take out Rejuvenate or Soothe.

These are my opinions, post yours!

-AdamForte649

Last edited:

Carbash

Legacy Supporter 6
1. Druid's "Motto" I suppose is "One with Nature" so far in being druid on the test server and I haven't seen 1 druid skill that involves "nature" besides Bolt and some other skills.

This sentence makes me laugh. "so far in being a druid on the test server and I haven't seen 1 druid skill that involves "nature" besides Bolt and some other skills."

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
And now to plug my old ideas:
  • Bark Skin: Protect your target with a protective bark of a tree. This reduces incoming physical damage by X amount and applies a HOT affect. This lasts until the skin is broken (Through taking X amount of damage) or after X seconds.
  • Cost: X Mana
  • CD: X Seconds
  • Regent: Vines/Log

• Stone Prison: Seals the target in a rock tomb. The target is immune to damage while under the effect (Can be used offensively to temporary bring a target out of combat or defensively by protecting an ally while HOTs heal them.)
  • Regent: Cobble

• Healing winds: Shoot out a gust of soothing air. Heals allies X amount over X seconds and knocks back enemies.
  • Regent: None

• Tangle Thorn: Creates a mass of thorny vines. Enemies in the vines are slowed. Trying to move while in the vines will deal X amount of damage per block moved.
  • Regent: Vines

• Quicksand: Terraforms the ground into a pit of quicksand. Enemies walking through the sand are slowed heavily (Slow 3)
  • Regent: Sand/Soulsand

AdamForte649

Legacy Supporter 6
This sentence makes me laugh. "so far in being a druid on the test server and I haven't seen 1 druid skill that involves "nature" besides Bolt and some other skills."
changed :/ didn't realise how retarded that sounds xD

mikehk

Legacy Supporter 6
1. As you know druid is "one with nature" so far playing around with druid it doesn't seem to concern me that nature only involves bolt, earthwall and ramparvine.

2. Druids as you know are meant* to be quite a support and to help out your party. So for starters I would like to introduce a skill known as "Acid Rain" Which you ahieve at the level 20 replacing Forage. Acid Rain is a lot like blizzard except its in a circle and it is targeted for 3.5 seconds following the target dealing around 1-1.5 hearts ever acid hit.

3. I would also like to implement something to do like "SummonTree" or something which is a damage skill, suffocating the player over 5 seconds. As for the damage skills Something around there will make druid more of a choice for people.

4. I would like to add a better version of Paladins Skill "Absolution" as I feel soothe doesn't really do that instant-heal that you definitely need when in a fight, I would also feel the need to add this but take out Rejuvenate or Soothe.

These are my opinions, post yours!

-AdamForte649
that acid rain... u have potential to be hit like 3 times in that, also AoE. 3-4.5 hearts is a lot :confused: almost worse than plaguebomb XD

5 seconds of suffocation. isn't that like a third of your health?

in my opinion, the HoTs druids have should heal more over time that clerics instants should. IE: cleric instant=100 health druid Hot=120 over like 10 seconds. so it has a 20% increase, but will take more time for the heal to actually reach the same as cleric.

just my 2 cents on this, knowing most suggestions, a few things are slightly exaggerated to get a point across, would need rebalancing.

AdamForte649

Legacy Supporter 6
realising druid only has 2 skills bolt and ire, ire does like 2 hearts and bolt does 3

what im saying is druid needs a serious buff because it has 2 damage skills, if it comes in a 1v1 it will get wrecked.

Moralsk

Gold
realising druid only has 2 skills bolt and ire, ire does like 2 hearts and bolt does 3

what im saying is druid needs a serious buff because it has 2 damage skills, if it comes in a 1v1 it will get wrecked.

Druid isn't made made for 1v1 fights. None of the healer classes are supposed to be excelling at 1v1 fights. Your purpose is to support other classes. Druid does need a buff, but not the kind you want. Druid needs the healing it does over time increased. You want to make Druid totally over powerful.

AdamForte649

Legacy Supporter 6
Druid isn't made made for 1v1 fights. None of the healer classes are supposed to be excelling at 1v1 fights. Your purpose is to support other classes. Druid does need a buff, but not the kind you want. Druid needs the healing it does over time increased. You want to make Druid totally over powerful.
No im saying if someone comes to you, you cant do anything except run and heal, you cant deal alot of damage, you have no way of defending yourself.

mikehk

Legacy Supporter 6
No im saying if someone comes to you, you cant do anything except run and heal, you cant deal alot of damage, you have no way of defending yourself.
cleric only has one, neither of these classes are for 1v1. I can see your point of view, but having 2 (one of them good) damaging skills that cant miss isnt that bad. they do need the healing increase though. Kainzo was talking something about making healers do double damage to mobs, but normal to players. I'm thinking this might add fun points for healers.

EDIT: currently, you have entangle. you can entangle, then use bolt and ire for a burst, run away, use HoT's if damage was taken recently, and repeat once cd's are off

CoolBeans279

Legacy Supporter 3
cleric only has one, neither of these classes are for 1v1. I can see your point of view, but having 2 (one of them good) damaging skills that cant miss isnt that bad. they do need the healing increase though. Kainzo was talking something about making healers do double damage to mobs, but normal to players. I'm thinking this might add fun points for healers.

EDIT: currently, you have entangle. you can entangle, then use bolt and ire for a burst, run away, use HoT's if damage was taken recently, and repeat once cd's are off
Double damage to mobs for healers?!?!

@Kainzo is this true?

If so I think this would make healer a lot more fun which is something it's lacking from what I see.

hope this gets added.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
And now to plug my old ideas:
  • Bark Skin: Protect your target with a protective bark of a tree. This reduces incoming physical damage by X amount and applies a HOT affect. This lasts until the skin is broken (Through taking X amount of damage) or after X seconds.
  • Regent: Vines/Log

• Stone Prison: Seals the target in a rock tomb. The target is immune to damage while under the effect (Can be used offensively to temporary bring a target out of combat or defensively by protecting an ally while HOTs heal them.)
  • Regent: Cobble

• Healing winds: Shoot out a gust of soothing air. Heals allies X amount over X seconds and knocks back enemies.
  • Regent: None

• Tangle Thorn: Creates a mass of thorny vines. Enemies in the vines are slowed. Trying to move while in the vines will deal X amount of damage per block moved.
  • Regent: Vines

• Quicksand: Terraforms the ground into a pit of quicksand. Enemies walking through the sand are slowed heavily (Slow 3)
  • Regent: Sand/Soulsand

I dont mind using public skills if they do exactly what we want - Here's a link of the ones that are "public" usable.

Check for the ones you think will fit druid please.
https://github.com/andrew2060/yet-more-heroes-skills-updated
https://github.com/andrew2060/Riffic33-Heroes-Skills-Updated
https://github.com/andrew2060/Proxis-Heroes-Skills
https://github.com/andrew2060/CommissionedHeroesSkills
https://github.com/andrew2060/KingdomsOfArden-HeroesSkills

JupiterRome

Legacy Supporter 5
hmmm I like maliks faerie ring Idea..... imo druids damage is pretty ok just needs better healing and some more utility would be amazing :D

Super593

Glowstone
I love Maliks Ideas.

I mean they stick to nature and are useful.

I personally think they should get something that involves flowers.Idk just seems like they could use it.

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
Such a selection :p I found a couple that could fit druid:

Entomb: Encases the target in glass (Shouldn't be too hard to change that into dirt/stone...right?) Person would be vulnerable to AOE skills, but they couldn't be attacked either.

EarthenArmor: Reduces incoming physical damage and when it reaches a damage threshold, it explodes dealing damage.

Dakinara

Legacy Supporter 6
more than anything, i just want a simpler way to target people with single target heal spells. a button to turn off self targetting, or set someone as target for all single target heals, or more projectile type spells, anything really

Carbash

Legacy Supporter 6
Being that druids communicate with nature and such I suggest implementing a means to terraform via communing with nature (peing an admin) Basically my suggestion is that once a day (week?) a single druid can pe for an event to change the land around them such as clearing an X by X amount of water raising an X by X dirt hill adding an X by X pool of water/lava so on and so forth. The idea here is to not allow one druid to accomplish huge changes but with a group of druids they can perform some pretty large tasks. I think this will make this class a must have for building purposes. This skill should only be available to mastered druids.
Tell me what you think.

:)

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
Suffocation damage is percentile based off of your max HP.
Inflicting 5 seconds worth of suffocation is a lot of damage and would be ridiculously over powered.