• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Dreadknight is too strong, it needs to be tweaked

Do you believe that dreadknight is too strong?

• Total voters

Isaaclite

TNT
This is just my opinion: dreadknight (dk) is too strong.
First of all, consider the fact that dk has the second best armor and hit points (next to paladin). Dk also has decent damage (57 at max with diamond axe)
There's no doubt that dk is a tank.
My main complaint however, is the fact that (in my opinion) dk's skills do too much damage. Dk has four skills that benefits it with almost or greater than 200 hit points (as in damage or health gain, or both)
-Decay: A really great DOTS (damage over time) skill. By 21 seconds, the damage adds up to 180 (almost 200 damage)
-Empathy: Max of 192 damage (usually always 192 damage). In addition, 4 seconds of slowness? That's a bit too strong if you ask me. After dealing almost 200 damage to the opponent, with four seconds of slowness (this slows attack speed too I believe), dk can barrage the opponent with its other high damage skills or just melee hits.
-Curse: not a damaging skill, but it causes damage reduction for the opponent. For 10 seconds, having only a 50 percent chance to deal damage is really devastating for melee users. I'd consider it an upgraded version of disarm (disarm completely gets rid of weapon, but only for 4 seconds, compared to the 10 seconds duration of curse).
-Harrow: In combined use with shadowstep or curse (curse may cause opponent to run), it deals over 120 damage damage (at lvl 65) to the opponent, while healing the dk with the same damage dealt. If you add up the hitpoints involved with his skill (health gain and damage dealt), it goes up to about 250
-Last but not least, harmtouch: deals 250 damage, but at the cost of 75 health. Pretty much HIGH damage self explanatory skill.

Compare all this to: Samurai (hopefully I'm not being too biased since I'm samurai)
-Disarm: weaker version of curse
-Cleave: Almost unusable due to it taking more than half your stamina (I mean, why expend 5 stamina bars for dealing just 100 percent damage of your sword damage, instead of just hitting again with your sword?) Dk on the other hand, uses a combination of mana and stamina for any of its skills, so therefore doesn't run out on either one as often.
-Mortal wound: Eh, good for taking down healers, but it only does a total of 51 damage for high stamina expenditure.
-Windwalk: One of Samurai's best skills, but can this really compare to a dk using curse (and matching samurai's mobility with shadowstep)?
-AsuraSlash: 130 damage, minus 50 health. Half of what harmtouch does.
-Bladegrasp: (Haven't used it myself yet) but yes, have to admit that 5 seconds of 100 percent melee block is really good. However, dk's focus is mainly on its skills, bladegrasp can't block skill damage.
-Fearless: 25 percent higher MELEE damage but 15 percent more damage to EVERYTHING. Fighting a dk with this is beneficial, but not as much as against other classes. Like I said, dk is a tank and has a healing skill (harrow) and curse so it should be able to take the 25 percent extra melee fine.
-Disgrace: Probably the best shot at skill damage that samurai has. However, dk has decay, which does 30 more damage overall than disgrace.
As you can see, dk completely dominates samurai over skills. Samurai does have really high melee damage (heard its getting nerfed), but it has the weakest armor of the warriors, all chain with diamond helmet, compared to dk's all iron with diamond leggings. And dk has slightly more health than samurai.

Overall, I feel that dk can beat more classes (assuming equal skill level) than losing, than any other class. DK can proabably beat all healers, definetly all rogues (as all warriors do), and all the other warriors. Casters are probably the only class that can effectively beat dk, but is there any other class that has an advantage over 11 out of the 15 classes? (not including itself)

Zaihn

Legacy Supporter 5
It's fine to claim that a class is overpowered, however your argument is poor. You have to understand that the dread knight and samurai play different roles. A samurai is a high dps warrior while the dk plays a much tankier role. DK does have burst but it does not have the damage output of the samurai. In a DK vs Samurai fight, the DK should have the advantage but that doesn't mean they are op. Samurai brings a lot more to the table in team fights with mortal wound and their high damage output.

You also make a lot of assumptions saying DK can beat all these classes 1v1 but you have nothing to back that up. Also, when looking at overall balance you have to look at both solo and group fight effectiveness. Just because a class does well 1v1 doesn't mean they are strong in team fights.

Edit: Your understanding and comparison of each skill... Is just wrong.

HoldMyPie

Legacy Supporter 8
And just a heads up, Harrow heals '85' health, but due to the self-healing decrease, heals around 50/60 I believe.

DK ain't OP. We get wrecked by the right classes. Good wizards and beguilers destroy us since we have no mobility.

DK really sucks in teamfights too. Just sayin'.

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
"Class is too stronk in THIS situation." "I have trouble against this class...nerf Pl0x." "My class isn't strong enough...buff it."

What people need to look at is the big picture. Classes will always have aspects where they excel. The only time a buff/nerf is needed is when they are un-viable or overly powerful in many aspects.

Jack_Reacher

Legacy Supporter 7
Isaaclite - are you max lvl yet? You've been doing a lot of arena fights, but I think your perspective might be a bit off if you aren't fighting at max lvl.

Ultanian

Portal
If you think like all the classes are a big game of Rock, Paper, Scissors. Certain classes are good against others, while others are weak against others.