• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Dread Aura

RShooter2000

ICE ICE ICE!
DreadKnight's dread aura skill at the moment is quite useless and destroys your pool of mana, so my suggestion on the matter is to make dread aura a skill like melodic binding. Instead of draining your mana at a per three second tick rate, make it so that you cast it for a certain amount of mana and it lasts for a certain amount of time.

Ex.

Mana: 200
Stamina: 125
Cooldown: 20 secs
Does (10 + 0.375 per Intellect point) dark damage every 3 seconds for 18 seconds to all enemies within 6 blocks, you are healed for 45% of the damage dealt.

A possible buff that could be added to this is a slow that would take affect every time you take damage from the aura for (1 + 0.0125 per Charisma point) seconds.

mikehk

Legacy Supporter 6
DreadKnight's dread aura skill at the moment is quite useless and destroys your pool of mana, so my suggestion on the matter is to make dread aura a skill like melodic binding. Instead of draining your mana at a per three second tick rate, make it so that you cast it for a certain amount of mana and it lasts for a certain amount of time.

Ex.

Mana: 200
Stamina: 125
Cooldown: 20 secs
Does (10 + 0.375 per Intellect point) dark damage every 3 seconds for 18 seconds to all enemies within 6 blocks, you are healed for 45% of the damage dealt.

A possible buff that could be added to this is a slow that would take affect every time you take damage from the aura for (1 + 0.0125 per Charisma point) seconds.
that seems acceptable considering its high mana cost and semi-decent damage, but I wouldn't give it a slow. currently with your numbers, it deals 127 damage (if all the ticks hit, rather if they kite it's a huge waste of mana and you're screwed) and heals you for 57 (my numbers are assuming u have 30 int). and the heal is 57 per person affected. so no slow, but the rest seems acceptable.

OOORRR

we could simply change the mana drain per tick from 55-->35ish, that might make the skill a bit more viable rather than using it and running out of mana about 10 seconds later.

ALSO

remove the cooldown on toggling it off, its annoying when you accidentally press the key or something and you have to waste 110 mana on 44 damage maximum with DK's low mana regen.

AND

(offtopic but related to the above)remove the cooldown on toggling sneak off, I know its short, but can be annoying... especially when no-cheat bugs it out and you're rooted for the 3 second cooldown and half your stamina is gone.