• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Dragoon - Stamina Costs

JupiterRome

Legacy Supporter 5
So yeah my friend @ethanburger is a Dragoon and we where 1v1ing on test as goons and I realizerd, dam it has high stam costs!
Like jump Is at 4 stamina bars, I think that's to high just for an example, but I think balance should take a look at al their skills and adjust stamina costs, tbh other then that goon is in a great spot!

Ahrall

Legacy Supporter 5
Jump should have a high stamina cost. It is a low cooldown, free form targeting, forward facing, massive leap. Basically the best mobility skill in the game by a long shot. Having a large stamina costs forces goons to think "do I jump immediately and have less stamina for damage?"
If they could jump and still have enough stamina to pelt you with all of their skills there would be no decision making involved

Jrr_

Architect
Balance Team
Adventure Team
Legacy Supporter 3
Jump is fine but attacking skills need a look at:
Dragon Dash: Current (400) New (300)
Disarm: Current (400) New (300)
Bash: Current (350) New (300)

I think this would work well because you can only to a max of 2 skills before you can't sprint which kills you again mages who kite.

JupiterRome

Legacy Supporter 5
Jump should have a high stamina cost. It is a low cooldown, free form targeting, forward facing, massive leap. Basically the best mobility skill in the game by a long shot. Having a large stamina costs forces goons to think "do I jump immediately and have less stamina for damage?"
If they could jump and still have enough stamina to pelt you with all of their skills there would be no decision making involved
yeah jump was a bad example, but jrr's are pretty good

TimForReal

AdminForReal
Rules Council
Architect
Herald
Event Team
Max Legacy Supporter
Got to admit, I am terribly stamina starved in every fight. Even without using jump. When I lose the ability to sprint, it's basically gg - no skills and no melee attacks.

JupiterRome

Legacy Supporter 5
Got to admit, I am terribly stamina starved in every fight. Even without using jump. When I lose the ability to sprint, it's basically gg - no skills and no melee attacks.
Yeah playing goon on test made me realized....... jump spear impale is their basic chase right? So they use that then no sprinting? Seems legit

edit* forgot dragon dash but I mean that could substitute spear or jump

TimForReal

AdminForReal
Rules Council
Architect
Herald
Event Team
Max Legacy Supporter
Yeah playing goon on test made me realized....... jump spear impale is their basic chase right? So they use that then no sprinting? Seems legit

edit* forgot dragon dash but I mean that could substitute spear or jump

DragonDash can be very unreliable, sometimes leaving you further from the target than you already were.

TimForReal

AdminForReal
Rules Council
Architect
Herald
Event Team
Max Legacy Supporter
so don't spam your skills

It's not even spamming skills. There's no rotation with the current stam costs, you can basically use pStrike and melee or you're starved.

Delfofthebla

Legacy Supporter 4
Retired Staff
People have been complaining about Dragoon since I joined the server, and probably long before it too. The fact that the class has super high mobility and can either chase or run from any fight it wishes is something that people have never been comfortable with.

The easiest way for me to quell the cries of the masses was to increase their stamina costs by large amounts. This would attach weight to their actions. If they are fighting, they are less likely to be able to run away whenever they want, due to the extreme stamina costs. With the addition of Diamond "eating" into the game, this became even more necessary.

I don't know if things have gotten worse on that front or not (from what I've been hearing, they have), so I can't really say.

------
However, since SuperJump was removed, there is little point in trying to maintain balance, as the class is dead to me. Do what you wish. Delete it if you want. Make all of their costs 0, or 10. Whatevs.

Last edited:

Yavool

Legacy Supporter 9
Please do.

The way i see it, not so hard of a fix, lower stamina cost on a few skills.

And for a lvl 70 skill (when thats added) SUPERJUMP! but have to be out of combat.

Agreed that superjump should be brought back. Out of combat is a good way to balance it.

CoolBeans279

Legacy Supporter 3
Agreed that superjump should be brought back. Out of combat is a good way to balance it.
and imo it fit dragoon so well, in combat it was kinda bs because you can just get out of any fight, now making it out of combat only would be perfect.

EDIT: Also, dragondash... its so shitty and buggy xD