• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Dragoon Jump

Farroes

Legacy Supporter 6
Is it intended that you take damage almost every time you use this ability unless your jumping up a steep hill?

I take damage with it on flat land, up some hills, and obviously a stupid amount when travelling downwards.

The dragoon class is built around its mobility but our skill that grants it to us is almost useless in combat becuase of what i explained.

c12095

Holy Shit!
No, from what I heard the safe fall portion of our jump is not working. :( I hope soon it is fixed.

Rawbb

Wood
The reason its broken is something to do with being able to track fall distance. This would simply be a work around to one of the functions notch removed from 1.7 to 1.8.

Just a 2 seconds buff with the safefall skill from other classes would fix most of the flat land and up hill problems. Maybe even just a 1 second buff.

I'm not even a dragoon and watching them kill themselves with their core skill is just painful.

@Kainzo

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Isnt something we can fix easily at the moment - I've explained this before. 1.8 changed fall
damage shit.

It was intended to have a very short safefall buff - it's either 1.8 messing with things or our less than perfect TPS.

@Sleaker - care to throw in your two cents?

Rawbb

Wood
Alright, thanks for the quick reply. So is the safefall skill broken right now as well?

Jent

Dirt
I hope it gets looked into soon, a 2-3 safefall buff would be wonderful. As a dragoon you don't get any other skills until 30 and 50. And like farroes said fall damage happens when going on flat land. It also happens with small distances and the damage is a lot more than it should be compared to if you had just fell from the same height.

Farroes

Legacy Supporter 6
thats a decent idea imo, but i'm sure people would whine about having to use to binds lol.

Sleaker

Retired Staff
Not sure how this is even an issue we extensively tested this on the test server with absolutely no damage being done to anyone.. So at the moment we are pretty much at a loss as to why anyone is getting damaged.

Rawbb

Wood
Yeah, its pretty messed up right now.

Temporary safefall sounds pretty good until jump is fixed.

Leeness

Legacy Supporter 7
Not sure how this is even an issue we extensively tested this on the test server with absolutely no damage being done to anyone.. So at the moment we are pretty much at a loss as to why anyone is getting damaged.
When the test server started, i went straight to 50 dragoon, and about 2 days? before it was taken down thats when the damage happened. so yeah, lucky me you took out the test ^_^. hope this will give some info, and what you "may" have possibly changed in those last 2 days? not saying you changed anything... but dragoon jump issue occurred late in test server. @Kainzo

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
I would prefer not to grant the 'safefall' skill - I've tested this on live and the fall damage is about normal. We're still looking into it but it is no where near as bad as anyone is making it out to be

Jent

Dirt
Thanks for letting us know it' is getting looked at. I'll be looking forward to it being fixed. Since I've been dragoon I've noticed that if I jump very long distances, even only 3-4 blocks in height I sometimes take a 3-4 hearts of damage when I shouldn't be taking anywhere near that amount. It's not a horrible bug, it could be worse. But as of now I'm just leveling dragoon to 50 to switch out to something out.

Sleaker

Retired Staff
When the test server started, i went straight to 50 dragoon, and about 2 days? before it was taken down thats when the damage happened. so yeah, lucky me you took out the test ^_^. hope this will give some info, and what you "may" have possibly changed in those last 2 days? not saying you changed anything... but dragoon jump issue occurred late in test server. @Kainzo

I tested it on my private server last night again, the only way I was able to take damage was to chain jump 3+ times in a row without having a cooldown. This isn't even possible on live though. THe issue with granting temporary safefall, is how long do we grant it for after the skills used? it becomes abusable if it's too long, and wont help do anything if it's too short.

c12095

Holy Shit!
I tested it on my private server last night again, the only way I was able to take damage was to chain jump 3+ times in a row without having a cooldown. This isn't even possible on live though. THe issue with granting temporary safefall, is how long do we grant it for after the skills used? it becomes abusable if it's too long, and wont help do anything if it's too short.

tbh, from the point it becomes "abuse" would be the same point as when you can press your jump key 3-4 blocks from a giant fall, hit ground, jump up again, and take little to no fall dmg. Slow fall would be doing the exact same thing as jumping before hitting the ground would.

Sleaker

Retired Staff
tbh, from the point it becomes "abuse" would be the same point as when you can press your jump key 3-4 blocks from a giant fall, hit ground, jump up again, and take little to no fall dmg. Slow fall would be doing the exact same thing as jumping before hitting the ground would.

Ah you make a good point, Jump will now check to make sure the block under you is not air :p