• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Dragonsbreath

The wiki says :
You unleash three fiery lines of dragon breath for up to 6 blocks in front of you. Targets within 4 blocks of the dragon's breath will be dealt (60 + 1.75 per intellect point) fire damage. Takes half a second to warm up.

Ingame difference : A cone of 60+1.75 int.

Reading the wiki I had assumed it would be (60+17.5i)x3 dmg , assuming the target was directly infront of me.

I suggest that it is 3 attacks of 60+1.75i , or even 2 attacks of 60+1.75i

I say this because being blackjacked and back stabbed 3x during the stun leaves me with basically no life left. Leaving me with no possibility of winning.

Or at least , remove the casting period so that its not nearly more efficient to just keep swinging my axe?

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
The wiki says :
You unleash three fiery lines of dragon breath for up to 6 blocks in front of you. Targets within 4 blocks of the dragon's breath will be dealt (60 + 1.75 per intellect point) fire damage. Takes half a second to warm up.

Ingame difference : A cone of 60+1.75 int.

Reading the wiki I had assumed it would be (60+17.5i)x3 dmg , assuming the target was directly infront of me.

I suggest that it is 3 attacks of 60+1.75i , or even 2 attacks of 60+1.75i

I say this because being blackjacked and back stabbed 3x during the stun leaves me with basically no life left. Leaving me with no possibility of winning.

Or at least , remove the casting period so that its not nearly more efficient to just keep swinging my axe?
The "Three Attacks" are the three lines of fire. Take note, you can only be hit by Dragon's Breath once. I do agree that it's a pretty weak skill (Pyro's skills in general are underwhelming IMO.) In the case of ninja, there has already been discussion on the topic and we all hope it will get nerfed eventually.

Carbash

Legacy Supporter 6
I feel that all the firey skills that pyros use should ignite their target, not just chaosorb.

Carbash

Legacy Supporter 6
Dont you deal more melee dmg to burning targets, and if so was that the issue?

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
Dont you deal more melee dmg to burning targets, and if so was that the issue?
It's kinda hard to explain it, but fire actually REDUCES your damage.

To make a comparison, I'm sure you notice that no matter how fast you swing, you can only hit a person so many times. This is caused by a built in system that provides a small invulnerability period every time you take damage. You may have noticed this when you try to shoot an arrow at a burning person and the arrow just bounces off.

So, as a melee/mage class, fire prevents a pyro from using his melee effectively.

Carbash

Legacy Supporter 6
Understood i retract my previous suggestion. Is it possible to code the attacks to put out an ignited person? Then make all fiery attacks add an ignite, this would increase damage output when you are too far away to melee

Last edited: