• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Double xp And More Notoriety

xxMASSCHAOSx

Legacy Supporter 3
Double xp is almost over, and everyone loved it. So what if we could earn it again somehow? Everyone knows the goal of no white-list weekend was for notoriety for the server. But it was bogged down thus making the new people think it was a laggy server. Not the most efficient way, though a good idea. My suggestion is, what if, every 1k votes the server gets, we get a day of double xp? Not only will this encourage people to vote more now, but also it will make Herocraft higher on minestatus!

MajorasMask

Ungodly
We have double-exp events only on special occasions. The HC anniversary was the first. This was the second... I think...

It kinda don't like the sound of a double exp day whenever the votes go up to 1000, that way, we would have them a lot more often. That could make leveling up too easy, IMO.

xxMASSCHAOSx

Legacy Supporter 3
We have double-exp events only on special occasions. The HC anniversary was the first. This was the second... I think...

It kinda don't like the sound of a double exp day whenever the votes go up to 1000, that way, we would have them a lot more often. That could make leveling up too easy, IMO.
I am going to have to agree with you on that, because I think about it and 1k votes aren't even that many. 100+ people on server daily and if they were all to vote, it may take under 10 days to get double xp. So maybe make it like 15k votes. If that at all.

Angyles

Legacy Supporter 7
The double exp was not the reason the server was laggy...it had to do with the "No whitelist". There were times when it was so full not even those on the reserve list could get on.

I do not like the idea of having more exp weekends. I think it should be kept as a VERY special thing.

I do think this weekend was a success though, I have seen a ton of new apps come through.

xxMASSCHAOSx

Legacy Supporter 3
The double exp was not the reason the server was laggy...it had to do with the "No whitelist". There were times when it was so full not even those on the reserve list could get on.

I do not like the idea of having more exp weekends. I think it should be kept as a VERY special thing.

I do think this weekend was a success though, I have seen a ton of new apps come through.
Yes I said that the no whitelist part was the reason for the lag (I worded it strangely though sorry) And, yes, it was a success. But wouldn't it also be nice if we were always in the top 5 of minestatus? People would be pouring into the server. It's be like last map, full almost 12 hours of the day. Then people would want to donate to get v.i.p. spot. Thus improving the server Further. If it all comes into play this will benefit the server in almost every aspect.

Dielan9999

Legacy Supporter 5
I think the first double exp event was when we got #1 on minestatus. That would make this the third.

Older players were mastering classes left and right. We definately shouldn't do this more often.

Symbolite

Legacy Supporter 7
We should do the no whitelist thing once every few months imo. That proved nice to the population. The only bad thing I saw was tps being a little less than we normally have and I would get lag spiking rubberbands like once a minute which was annoying but in no way really effected my experience on the server.

ThatAintFalco

Portal
I would also like to point out that there was ALOT of new people who ask simple questions. Maybe you could remodel starting spawn a liitle bit more efficient. Like a maze or some sort.

BeasttRecon

Legacy Supporter 4
I
I would also like to point out that there was ALOT of new people who ask simple questions. Maybe you could remodel starting spawn a liitle bit more efficient. Like a maze or some sort.
I do have to agree with this, when I first joined I didn't really have much of a clue what I was doing. My luck was that I had some 'buds' from another server help and do stuff when we started off.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
I
I do have to agree with this, when I first joined I didn't really have much of a clue what I was doing. My luck was that I had some 'buds' from another server help and do stuff when we started off.
Well... If you feel certain info was missing, post about it.... We've been doing this crap for 'years' :p