• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion [Donations] XP Boost

Should single person XP Boosts be added?

• Yes

Votes: 1 3.3%
  • No

Votes: 29 96.7%

• Total voters

iGavinnn

Legacy Supporter 8
Fellow HeroCrafters,

I asked Kainzo today if single person XP Boosts were possible to have and he said it is possible but, he wanted to know if the community wanted them. So voice your opinion about how you feel allowing people to purchase XP Boosts for themselves.

Very respectfully,

-Gavin

northeaster345

Legacy Supporter 8
Fellow HeroCrafters,

I asked Kainzo today if single person XP Boosts were possible to have and he said it is possible but, he wanted to know if the community wanted them. So voice your opinion about how you feel allowing people to purchase XP Boosts for themselves.

Very respectfully,

-Gavin

Nope, I think that's terrible idea. You'd be paying to win

Jack_Reacher

Legacy Supporter 7
I've heard the term "Ethical Microtransactions" thrown around here at Herocraft. I think the whole idea is to not allow a player to "pay to win". Allowing the experience boost to apply to everyone makes the donation more fair.

iGavinnn

Legacy Supporter 8
Yea I can understand that side of it. I just feel the prices are so high because it applies to everyone. Maybe making lower prices for shorter times would work? Not sure.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Here's the plan for 'reducing' prices. We're going to add in crowd-funds for these boosts. So once the "meter" is filled - it will auto-trigger the exp purchased.

Not exactly sure how we'll set it up - but people will be able to throw in $5-10 towards it, etc.

I'm also working on a variable cost selection so you can increase or decrease the exp time for less or more cash based on a formula.

Here at Herocraft, we do strive to be as ethical as possible when it comes to money -> in-game stuff.

themeoff

Legacy Supporter 8
I would honestly stop buying XP boosts if people could get one for just them. I buy them for the community to have fun leveling some classes I've honestly been mastered for a few XP boosts I've bought

iGavinnn

Legacy Supporter 8
I think we came to the conclusion that the original post idea is not happening. But since the post was made information about future ideas has come out.

archceaser

Legacy Supporter 7
Here's the plan for 'reducing' prices. We're going to add in crowd-funds for these boosts. So once the "meter" is filled - it will auto-trigger the exp purchased.

Not exactly sure how we'll set it up - but people will be able to throw in $5-10 towards it, etc.

I'm also working on a variable cost selection so you can increase or decrease the exp time for less or more cash based on a formula.

Here at Herocraft, we do strive to be as ethical as possible when it comes to money -> in-game stuff.
I would suggest that if we are going to do a crowd pot idea that we have set days or times on when we do the xp boost and let the people donating vote on one of the set days or times.