• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Disciples.

Theazian

Legacy Supporter 3
So currently, I think that disciples could be given a little boost. I know people say that this is a healer class, but I still think that a small buff and or skill would be in order. Currently, with new patch, disciples lose safefall, and have gained tumble. Thats fine and all, but I think that it would be awesome, viable, and suitable (RPG -wise) to give disciples Backflip. It would make them a little more viable in PVP, seeing how most classes have some sort of defensive skills. Another thing, I noticed (Well, according to the wiki) that now all disciple weapons (Sticks, fish, and fists) now all do 6 hp. I think that's rather stupid. What's the point of even having a stick or fish then? It would interesting to see the fists lowered to say, 5hp, but have a chance to stun? And then increase the damage done by fish to 7. There was also a thread about giving thread about giving disciples blaze rods, which could be implemented. I dunno, just some thoughts.

codec1

Legacy Supporter 3
I disagree, disciples are a bodyguard styled SUPPORT class. Disciples are not warriors or rogues and imo 6 dmg is quite good considering all the utility a disc brings to the table. Their great at protecting and supporting a group atm (their job) so imo their fine.

TheTMTrainer

Soulsand
Considering Disciples are like monks, they should have a melee type counter attack.

Retaliation - For 10 seconds, stand in 1 spot. The first enemy that hits you takes 30 damage and is stunned for 2 seconds, and gives you a 10% defensive buff. Does not work on ranged attacks. You are unable to move for the 10 seconds you are 'Retaliating'.

However, this is a stretch, considering they ARE a healer/support class.

codec1

Legacy Supporter 3
Tho they are monks their still a support class as u said.

I could see something like that being a cool skill but i dont think they should give dmg on it. A stance of some sort would be nice like some guy was talking about in the past.

Iron stance - 10 - 15 sec duration. slow 3 applied for the skills duration. 50% damage reduction and a 10% chance on being hit to stun the attacker for 1-1.5 seconds.

pretty much a variation of ur skill TM, i do think disc's should have defensive options too (tbh they have plenty atm) but i dont think a rogue or warrior should have run for the hills (and most likely be thrown off it) when one comes by .

Theazian

Legacy Supporter 3
Hell, I don't really give a fuck about the damage. I was just throwing that out there. But I really REALLY think disciples should get Backflip.

I'd Really like to Have Safe fall given back to us! It worked perfectly with Forcepush and Forcepull!

I don't mind having tumble removed then give us Safefall as our level 60skill!

Nooo, not as our level 60. We need something Awesome. Tumble is fine.

Tumble is soo crap. Only negates from 6 blocks, not like it increases as we lvl or anything either -_-.

It does, actually. My tumble is 7 blocks @ level 32

JDFinal

Legacy Supporter 5
I'd Really like to Have Safe fall given back to us! It worked perfectly with Forcepush and Forcepull!

I don't mind having tumble removed then give us Safefall as our level 60skill!

Tumble is soo crap. Only negates from 6 blocks, not like it increases as we lvl or anything either -_-.

In That Case I stand corrected.

Still would like safe fall back <3

Can't wait till see our lvl 60 skill.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Granting Tumble was a config mistake, it's been reverted to the proper configs.

I've also retuned the stam and mana cost for Disciples - you should see a big difference.

Dazureus

Legacy Supporter 4
Not a Disciple myself, but I could definitely see a counterattack skill working well. Lore-wise, martial arts like Tai Chi teach how to redirect force instead of countering it with more force. Mechanics-wise they're a Healer that gets involved with melee combat.

Something like, "for the next 10 seconds, all incoming damage is reduced by half and enemies takes half the damage they inflict on the user." Shouldn't stack, or multiple Disciples could pop it at the same time and outright murder an AoE-user.

Aetosion

Obsidian
Drunken Monkey- have a 50% chance to dodge any melee attacks for the next 10 seconds.

Glent

Glowing Redstone
Why are people downvoting my post? *cough*

Aetosion I don't think monks get drunk... every time they get into a fight.

It's a real style, called Zui Quan which involves the imitation of a drunk. It's Chinese though, and the Herocraft Disciples don't remind me much of the Chinese martial artists.

As for the OP weapon segment, I think weapons are fine as is. Though I did like the one more damage over fists you got with sticks, it's not necessarily a game breaking balance change since a stick isn't the most atrociously difficult resource to find. And why would a fish do more damage?

Glent

Glowing Redstone
Maybe it's a swordfish... *cough*

Sticks could get more damage over fists I guess, but to be honest... using a fish is just for the heck of it in my opinion.

I had no problem with fish having the same damage as sticks (1 more than fists), because yeah, you just use it for laughs. Don't see why it would be buffed.

Dazureus

Legacy Supporter 4
Maybe it's a swordfish... *cough*

Sticks could get more damage over fists I guess, but to be honest... using a fish is just for the heck of it in my opinion.
Can't rate your post "ba-dum-tssh!" So I guess funny will have to do.