• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Disciple : SuperKick

STDs4YouAnd4Me

Legacy Supporter 8
With the inability to do the FlyingKick/Forcepush combo due to the increased GCD of 1 second, I thought a nice fix would be to add a new skill for Disciple.

The skill would deal 0 Dmg, and would effectively launch the targeted player the same distance in the air as a Dragoon's SuperJump (30-35 blocks, right?). The targeted player would immediately gain SafeFall so it doesn't take any fall damage. The purpose of this skill is to launch a player in the air to either make up some time to get a quick heal in, or more specifically to time a Forcepush as he's falling toward you. The player isn't silenced as it's 35 blocks in the air, so can still line up a fireball, or worse, a plaguebomb from a completely safe distance.

This skill would be perfect utility for raiding in groups as well. If a raid doesn't have a wizard (which I suppose seldomly occurs) a Disciple can SuperKick his town members over a wall. Not sure how the Disciple would get up there afterward though :D

And honestly, how hilarious would it be to see any class get launched that high of a distance?... Or a Dragoon getting SuperKicked and then using SuperJump at it's peak... Yikes!

Delfofthebla , make it Christmas.

Keache

Legacy Supporter 7
With the inability to do the FlyingKick/Forcepush combo due to the increased GCD of 1 second, I thought a nice fix would be to add a new skill for Disciple.

The skill would deal 0 Dmg, and would effectively launch the targeted player the same distance in the air as a Dragoon's SuperJump (30-35 blocks, right?). The targeted player would immediately gain SafeFall so it doesn't take any fall damage. The purpose of this skill is to launch a player in the air to either make up some time to get a quick heal in, or more specifically to time a Forcepush as he's falling toward you. The player isn't silenced as it's 35 blocks in the air, so can still line up a fireball, or worse, a plaguebomb from a completely safe distance.

This skill would be perfect utility for raiding in groups as well. If a raid doesn't have a wizard (which I suppose seldomly occurs) a Disciple can SuperKick his town members over a wall. Not sure how the Disciple would get up there afterward though :D

And honestly, how hilarious would it be to see any class get launched that high of a distance?... Or a Dragoon getting SuperKicked and then using SuperJump at it's peak... Yikes!

Delfofthebla , make it Christmas.

I REALLY like the idea. It looks like a fun ability, needless to say. If it works like superjump, that means it'll also be reliable when nocheat is involved :). My only concerns are that it is a) really set back by rooves (roofs?) or low cielings, and of course balance in a practical fight. Otherwise, I love it. Doubt it will be implemented, but we'll see.

STDs4YouAnd4Me

Legacy Supporter 8
Fights are seldomly fought with a roof over your head. If that's the case, it'll act the same as SuperJump (you can only get launched as high as you're able to if a block is in the way).

Hydroking77

Legacy Supporter 7
Fights are seldomly fought with a roof over your head. If that's the case, it'll act the same as SuperJump (you can only get launched as high as you're able to if a block is in the way).

Superjump works by giving the user a Jumpboost V(?) buff that when the USER jumps launches them skyward.

JacobBurkey

Portal
Superjump works by giving the user a Jumpboost V(?) buff that when the USER jumps launches them skyward.

This is incorrect, whenever the user uses superjump it automatically sends them up into the air. You do not have to jump, you can just stand still and use superjump.

MultiHeartGold

Legacy Supporter 2
This is incorrect, whenever the user uses superjump it automatically sends them up into the air. You do not have to jump, you can just stand still and use superjump.
But you still get a Jump Boost that ends at the same time as the safefall ends.

JacobBurkey

Portal
But you still get a Jump Boost that ends at the same time as the safefall ends.

Yeah, you do, that's usually when you lag while doing the jump/dont go the full height. But he was saying that when activating superjump it gives you a Jump boost that you have to jump to make it work, which isn't true because it makes you jump right when you use it. :p

Sonax

Iron
nerf disciple to the point where it will do less damage and more cooldowns then ill leave disiple and barely any people will be a disciple -_-[DOUBLEPOST=1373875666][/DOUBLEPOST]might be a rumor but still

sheepcrys

Legacy Supporter 3
But it WAS a monk! So for the sake of Reasons...we can't change its name back.

who says we're changing name back? I just meant it's a monk, disciple whatever, not a jedi, it has 4 monk like skills and 2 jedi like skills... so monk

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
who says we're changing name back? I just meant it's a monk, disciple whatever, not a Jedi, it has 4 monk like skills and 2 Jedi like skills... so monk

I was obviously joking...or was I? If you where to list them: Force Pull/Push, Meditate, Safefall, Antidote, Renewal, and Scan can all be things that Jedi could use. Don't believe me? Here is a link to powers from the expanded universe: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Force_power . You could probably go through and find that all of disciples skill can be done by a Jedi. Seriously though, I was just joking :p

TheBrute2001

Legacy Supporter 5
I was obviously joking...or was I? If you where to list them: Force Pull/Push, Meditate, Safefall, Antidote, Renewal, and Scan can all be things that Jedi could use. Don't believe me? Here is a link to powers from the expanded universe: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Force_power . You could probably go through and find that all of disciples skill can be done by a Jedi. Seriously though, I was just joking :p

Quick question, can jedi whoop ass with a fish?