• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion disciple:jump

OysterbOy

Coal
i just got done watching avatar the last air bender,
and i started to think a little about some of the classes on hc,
and i realized that disciple use to be called monk,
and when ever you watch any movies/shows with monks who fight they almost always can jump high.

what my point is, shouldnt disciple have the dragoons jump too(the level ten skill)
and you wouldn't even have to put in a tumble type skill because disciples have safefall.

does anyone else agree?

Keache

Legacy Supporter 7
I don't think i do. It would be cool, but that would be a bit out of balance, unless there was a rather large cooldown on it

That and just because something makes sense thematically doesn't mean it makes sense balance wise.

Teerian

Gold
Yeah, I don't think disciples need that skill. It would be way too much. I don't even like the fact that dragoons have it, and it's their defining trait.

Teerian

Gold
Disciples are already able to control an enemy's movement and positioning using forcepush and forcepull. If the class were given a jump/backflip/blink/random_location_change_skill07, a smart disciple would be completely untouchable.

Imagine a disciple bouncing around with jump/backflip, forcepushing anyone chasing him who gets lucky enough to close the gap, spamming chakra on himself and his group. Enemy group begins to flee, disciple bounces towards them, forcepulls weak target in for easy kill, bounces towards next person, repeat. No chance to kill the disciple, no way to stop the constant group healing, no escape. It's just too much movement and control for one person to command, especially when combined with chakra's debuff dispel. Even mana/stamina wouldn't really be an issue due to meditate. Sure, you could coordinate your attacks and focus-fire one of the disciple's group members, but you would probably suffer heavy casualties in the process.

It would be interesting to see and fun to play, but I get the feeling that it would be too much. Plus it would just make the class a dragoon with heals. I'd rather see more original abilities unique to the class.