• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Disciple - Disarm

Sidgil

Legacy Supporter 3
Disarming has its place in the world of Martial arts, and can quickly change the flow of battle. The idea here is to have a skill with a range increment of say, 1-2 blocks, that makes the target drop his currently held item.

Disciples, being trained in hand-to-hand combat, would be a perfect canidate for this skill concept.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Disarming has its place in the world of Martial arts, and can quickly change the flow of battle. The idea here is to have a skill with a range increment of say, 1-2 blocks, that makes the target drop his currently held item.

Disciples, being trained in hand-to-hand combat, would be a perfect canidate for this skill concept.
Not a bad idea, not sure how it would play into balance though.

Sidgil

Legacy Supporter 3
One thing, that I only just realized, is that it could be abused out of combat, causing people to drop blocks and items that the player could then steal, taking away some of the intented thievery mechanics.
It would have to be only usable in combat.

Personally, I am interested to see how it would play into balance.

Dsawemd

Wiki Team
Legacy Supporter 8
I think Disarm should not be given to Disciple for these reasons:

1. A disciple already has tools to deal with periods of melee combat through their enemy position control skills.

2. Disciple is competitive in its current implementation, and unless the class needs more utility for the 65 cap, then I do not see this extra period of reduced damage against melee classes as doing anything other than making it easier for poor disciples to beat armored targets, and making good disciples mitigate one of their counters (armored melee). If the class does need more utility for the 65 cap, I think a melee damage disabler or some sort of martial art "kick them so hard they can't walk straight/fumble with their sword" could fit.

3. The lore for this one is more dependent on what type of martial art monk you are imagining, for instance to my mind the Disciple would disable an enemy's body rather than their weapon, since the Disciple has spent his life fighting with just his body, he considers weapons to be less important than his enemy's vital points. Opinions vary, but a straight Disarm copy + paste isn't the best suited skill here lore-wise.