• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Disarming a Bard

Dazureus

Legacy Supporter 4
Is it intended that Bards are undisarmable (yay for english)? They certainly have odd weapons compared to everyone else, but I'm not sure that they should be immune like Monks are... It's possible I'm being oblivious, but clarification is appreciated.

dragonzero39

Legacy Supporter 7
Warriors have a skill where they can take away an opponents weapon for a little time. The bards use a jukebox as a weapon and I cannot disarm a jukebox like I can disarm swords.

Diffuse

Legacy Supporter 4
I feel like it isn't intended. I'm not sure, but I think that the addition of jukeboxes as a weapon actually came randomly right when bards were released because it seemed cool at the time and that disarm not working was an unforeseen side effect.

jmoney222

Legacy Supporter 5
Yea, originally, bards used a regular diamond sword that did 8 (or 9) dmg. But lots of people wanted the jukebox/noteblock to be their special weapon, cause well, they're a bard. But yea, pretty much what Diffuse said.

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
Warriors have a skill where they can take away an opponents weapon for a little time. The bards use a jukebox as a weapon and I cannot disarm a jukebox like I can disarm swords.
Is it intended
Dragon what part of it is intended do you not understand lol

And Kainzo has also participated in several other discussions on this with monks.
I am sure it is intended for the same reason as it is with monks fish and sticks

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
We'll work on a fix - at the moment its not intended to have bards be immune to disarm.

A quickfix is to make it lower damage than gold/diamond but immune to disarm - I'm not sure if thats desirable.

Aerokii

Legacy Supporter 8
I think that fix makes the most sense. In trying to disarm a jukebox you're trying to disarm their voice and song, which is a little too abstract for me to knock it away like I would a sword.