• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Disabling Glass Crafting

spiralz

Obsidian
For the sake of lore and the time period that Herocraft is portrayed to be in, I feel that glass blocks/windows should be more rare and basic crafting of the block be disabled. Glass windows have not been around a long time and 200+ years ago they were expensive and symbolized wealth. I'm not saying glass should be completely rid of, but just not so easy to come by. I noticed that alchemists have the ability to craft glass blocks with cauldrons. I feel like this could be the only way to come about getting glass blocks. It makes more sense to me for someone that can magically/skillfully alchemize items to be the only ones that even have the skill to do so as opposed to anyone being able to craft it with sand and coal. Anyone that would have glass on their structures would be seen as someone who is wealthy or in good terms with a skilled alchemist.

j2gay

Legacy Supporter 6
For the sake of lore and the time period that Herocraft is portrayed to be in, I feel that glass blocks/windows should be more rare and basic crafting of the block be disabled. Glass windows have not been around a long time and 200+ years ago they were expensive and symbolized wealth. I'm not saying glass should be completely rid of, but just not so easy to come by. I noticed that alchemists have the ability to craft glass blocks with cauldrons. I feel like this could be the only way to come about getting glass blocks. It makes more sense to me for someone that can magically/skillfully alchemize items to be the only ones that even have the skill to do so as opposed to anyone being able to craft it with sand and coal. Anyone that would have glass on their structures would be seen as someone who is wealthy or in good terms with a skilled alchemist.
Um. I like that you are going for the lore of olde argument here but I am going to have to say NO to this idea. Others may disagree of course, as is their right, but if HC is going to start implementing basic block restrictions there are a lot of matters more pressing.

spiralz

Obsidian
Um. I like that you are going for the lore of olde argument here but I am going to have to say NO to this idea. Others may disagree of course, as is their right, but if HC is going to start implementing basic block restrictions there are a lot of matters more pressing.

I know, it was just a thought. I was thinking it might give a little more useful purpose to Alchemists.

j2gay

Legacy Supporter 6
I know, it was just a thought. I was thinking it might give a little more useful purpose to Alchemists.
Alchemist will be plenty useful once towns and advanced crafting are fixed.

Royfaren

Legacy Supporter 6
It makes a lot of sense spiralz, but people use so much glass it'd be ruinous and a very controversial change.

Northac

Obsidian
Alchemist will be plenty useful once towns and advanced crafting are fixed.
While there has not been any word on what the alchemist advanced crafting will be, but it doessound exciting.

As for the glass, fully clear or decorated glass was for the weathy and powerful, but base glass can be made by lightning hitting sand (in real life) and just by heating sand you can make glass that lets in light. People would be able to make it just need a smithy or something like that. decorating it took skill, but basic stuff....not that hard to come by. Still, not a bad thing that you are trying to make a suggestion, expecially since you are trying to help out alchemists (which i am spec'd as :))

spiralz

Obsidian
While there has not been any word on what the alchemist advanced crafting will be, but it doessound exciting.

As for the glass, fully clear or decorated glass was for the weathy and powerful, but base glass can be made by lightning hitting sand (in real life) and just by heating sand you can make glass that lets in light. People would be able to make it just need a smithy or something like that. decorating it took skill, but basic stuff....not that hard to come by. Still, not a bad thing that you are trying to make a suggestion, expecially since you are trying to help out alchemists (which i am spec'd as :))

Ha yeah. I'm also spec'd as alchemist and looking through the cauldron recipes, a lot of them aren't super useful. Assuming Minecraft/Herocraft takes place in the Middle Ages (comparing it to real life), glass windows would have been rare for normal peasant folk which is why making it pricier to have would make sense being that only the wealthy could have it. And I do understand how players love their glass, but it's not like there aren't alternatives for windows such as fence/iron bars. I know it's not something that would be implemented, but it reminds people that this is indeed role-playing (or at least it is supposed to be) and that more RP aspects could be added to Herocraft. I feel like it is drifting from the RPG theme. I am a D&D player which makes me bring up thoughts like this and I feel that I should share just in case it's something that would increase the RPG aspect to the game.

Ultanian

Portal
Well, lucky for you, in the most recent 1.7 snapshot stained glass was added. There are glass and glass pane variations and can be all the colors stained clay and wool can.

Enderless117

Legacy Supporter 3
As mentioned by Ultnachopony in the new update coloured glass will be implemented. Perhaps instead of changing normal glass which people can easily stockpile we instead make stained class rarer because no one has any yet.