• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Diffuse ban appeal

Diffington

Wood
IGN: Diffuse
Banned by: @Danda or @Kainzo I don't really remember
Time of ban: a bit over a year ago i think
Reason for ban: mass duping
Your story:

Found duping bug, told friends to use duping bug, they duped items, we stashed in chests, admins found it, we got banned.

We didn't really do anything with the items other than stash them, though I know that really doesn't mean anything. I just feel like I should say that because I find it difficult to apologize for what we did due to the fact that (afaik) not a single person suffered from the use of said bug.

It is very clear that we should have reported the bug to admins as soon as it was found. The main reasons why we didn't report it immediately were that
1: We were greedy and wanted to make the most of the bug
2: There was a rule in place that basically said that what we were doing was legal
3: After we were told victim was caught by kainzo and not banned we believed that the bug was officially legal and that the staff were aware of it by that point (granted it should have been reported far earlier than this time)

I did not personally use this bug as I was not a ninja at the time but I can easily admit that I encouraged the use of it and somewhat (we didn't end up using the items we made really) gained from it.

I understand that "Duplication of items is by far the worst offense for any server with a legit economy, it undermines everything players work towards" and apologize for what was done. It has been over a year and I would like to be unbanned because I feel that we have learned our lesson and that, other than this incident, we have tried to be helpful and positive players within the community.

Note that when I say "we" I mostly mean myself and kongrave as ninjabizkit (the other person who participated) went off and did his own things during/after this incident.