• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Destroyed Map

JuanMarch

Wood
Does this server's staff have any intention to fix the destroyed worlds? Nearly every world is covered in the ruins of half built building, floating cities and trees, and just destroyed landscapes. I find it hard to come up with a reason to build anything on a server full of ugly, poorly built areas.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Does this server's staff have any intention to fix the destroyed worlds? Nearly every world is covered in the ruins of half built building, floating cities and trees, and just destroyed landscapes. I find it hard to come up with a reason to build anything on a server full of ugly, poorly built areas.
Bastion / Greyson are both worlds that are no-griefing, if you see something there, petition it.

Warshard/Forgelight/Nether are "free for all" style zones where its main purpose is to gather resources.

JuanMarch

Wood
Bastion / Greyson are both worlds that are no-griefing, if you see something there, petition it.

Warshard/Forgelight/Nether are "free for all" style zones where its main purpose is to gather resources.

Well that certainly does change my outlook on the condition of some of the worlds, but still; even Bastion for example is filled with a ton of trash. Obviously, the staff shouldn't be responsible for fixing everyone else's carelessness, but something should be done about it. Don't get me wrong, every area of the world isn't bad, but just look at the picture below. It's a TINY area and still, I can see numerous things that I, and I'm sure, a lot of other people don't like seeing. It seems that it would be very hard to find a nice place to establish a town, with room for expansion. It seems that no matter where you go, the land is destroyed or covered in ruins. And to me, seeing huge rectangular malls right outside of the spawn town is a huge turn for me as a player on a RPG server. It makes the game seem too easy, too modern and too amateur. There should seriously be some community effort to help improve the map.

Red denote floating structures and things that I personally see as eye sores.
Green denotes unfinished/abandoned buildings.
(http://s15.postimg.org/aj1u6nmnt/Untitled_1.jpg)
Untitled_1.jpg

northeaster345

Legacy Supporter 8
There are various guilds that work on building cool projects on the server, as well as many of the towns.

However it's difficult to get permission to tear down ugly structures, since one person's eyesore is another person's house.

While I agree there are a lot of buildings and junk that I would rather have torn down, is it the staff's job to make sure everyone's buildings are beautiful according to your standards? This isn't a creative build server, it isn't a pvp server, people are looking for different things, so it can be hard to balance the various interests of people on the server.

Part of the reason I put a lot of effort into getting kingdom regions and capital regions was so I could tear down people's ugly stuff without worrying about it too much.

I would like to see the staff do a bit of clean up though with some of the deserts that have been torn to shreds. (cough cough forestspires)

leftovers5

Legacy Supporter 8
Well that certainly does change my outlook on the condition of some of the worlds, but still; even Bastion for example is filled with a ton of trash. Obviously, the staff shouldn't be responsible for fixing everyone else's carelessness, but something should be done about it. Don't get me wrong, every area of the world isn't bad, but just look at the picture below. It's a TINY area and still, I can see numerous things that I, and I'm sure, a lot of other people don't like seeing. It seems that it would be very hard to find a nice place to establish a town, with room for expansion. It seems that no matter where you go, the land is destroyed or covered in ruins. And to me, seeing huge rectangular malls right outside of the spawn town is a huge turn for me as a player on a RPG server. It makes the game seem too easy, too modern and too amateur. There should seriously be some community effort to help improve the map.

Red denote floating structures and things that I personally see as eye sores.
Green denotes unfinished/abandoned buildings.
(http://s15.postimg.org/aj1u6nmnt/Untitled_1.jpg)
Untitled_1.jpg
I agree. It's disappointing to see how much trash there is. Nobody wants to take the effort to clean it up because it's almost never their problem, it's too time-consuming, or it's unsafe as a wandering assailant could randomly kill you.

MajorasMask would be interested in this suggestion.

MajorasMask

Ungodly
It would be good to see staff going around tearing stuff down. Like what is shown in the picture, there is plenty of stuff out there unused/abandoned.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
I agree - it would be nice to clean things up - it's just difficult to do - if it looks abandoned I think staff could tear it down pretty quickly.

Tenandra

Legacy Supporter 3
Some servers utilise ways for the community to clean up such as part of a proffesion / benefits for doing so. But its an administration heavy process as it means staking the claim, posting on forums for admins to check person is not on a vacation list, and then performing a reclaim, which itself can be done to varying levels of success. I am new, so this may already be in hand.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Well we already have an architect team - I think we could in-trust them with the job of keeping areas (at least around spawn) looking nice.

Architects - whatcha think?

Xargun

Legacy Supporter 9
Perhaps even have a bounty for old - worthless buildings (half- built, etc...). A player would PE it so staff can determine the owner and their activity.

If the owner / creator is active they would be tasked with restoring it or removing it. If the player doesn't want it but doesn't want to remove it for lack of time, or fear of ganking, then the player would be charged a fee (in coins) for it to be removed (based on size).

Then the original player who pe'd it can remove it for the bounty paid or the staff can do it.

If people get crazy and start pe'ing everything they can be warned and even face fines or temp bans for being asshats and wasting the staff's time.

UltimateOptics

Legacy Supporter 7
Well we already have an architect team - I think we could in-trust them with the job of keeping areas (at least around spawn) looking nice.

Architects - whatcha think?
Kainzo
I believe there is a group working on this subject at the moment.
If we was to be given some kind of permissions to remove inactive peoples houses or something it would be a great idea.
We could also get permission to logblock or hawkeye or whatever you use so we can tell if a structure is inactive or not

This would be a great idea since it is making herocraft a better place as a whole <3

Sigpit

Legacy Supporter 7
If we were able to claim structures immediately, I could make everything look so much nicer. The only problem is not having the correct materials to fill in places one the structures are removed.

UltimateOptics

Legacy Supporter 7
If we were able to claim structures immediately, I could make everything look so much nicer. The only problem is not having the correct materials to fill in places one the structures are removed.
Maybe instead of claiming and removing structures what about architects could go around improving/fixing buildings.

It would make the map seem nicer as a whole rather than removing someones work

Sigpit

Legacy Supporter 7
Maybe instead of claiming and removing structures what about architects could go around improving/fixing buildings.

It would make the map seem nicer as a whole rather than removing someones work
When i mean "claiming structures immediately" I mean those really crapy dirt/wood shacks that appear almost everywhere, and for everything else a way we could legally improve the structure and make them look better.

northeaster345

Legacy Supporter 8
I'm fine doing work of clearing out the cobble dirt rectangles that litter the landscape, but I also don't want to grief someone's house.

We would need to come up with a procedure for clearing out an abandoned house. Maybe leave a sign in case someone gets upset?

Xargun

Legacy Supporter 9

Perhaps if you remove an eye-sore and the terrain is all beat up you could pe it and an admin would come by and 'fix' the terrain ?