• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

DemonsWood : First Book of Norman

StorminNorman

Legacy Supporter 7
Haven was what they called it; a place created by Zo and His Architects to escape the petty quarrels of the self proclaimed Heroes. I had been perfectly content watching Bastion crumble, but circumstances out of my control led me to migrate before I could enjoy such pleasures. So I stepped through that accursed portal and into the painfully bright, new world.

All of us, every last one, found ourselves powerless upon crossing over. Our souls were barely held intact, and those with weaker constitutions did not make it two steps before collapsing.

Those of us that did make it, (myself included) proceeded to wander the world never intended for us. Zo watched over us carefully, or at least it seemed so. I think the only reason He didn't wipe us from existence was the morbid curiosity He held toward the Heroes. Our struggles and strife was mere entertainment.

My struggles were not met with alone, yet I feel they could have been avoided had I been alone. Raienbow needed me far more than I needed him, and the problems he brought with him were like gnats; small and annoying, but persistent.

I was a Knight of Dread, and him? A lowly ranger who could barely loose an arrow without hurting himself. Yet I allowed him to lead me around to the Nether and back. He told me only half of his plans, but assured me that this world of Haven would be ours...

So enters DemonsWood and a woman by the name of Shadow.

A month had passed and whispers finally reached our ears of a town that had seemingly appeared in the middle of The Great Ocean. The information came in incomplete chunks and by unreliable sources, but Raienbow quickly rushed us out there.

With the boats loaded, we departed for mostly uncharted territory. As we sailed, we remained silent. I did not quite know what Raienbow was thinking, but then again, he didn't know the extent of my plans.

I had looked over the information, even taken the crazy gossip seriously to an extent. I knew that wherever we were headed, there would likely be demonic activity. Zo and His Architects built the realm from clay and earth that they'd scavenged from other areas in The Multiverse, of course there was a high chance some "extra ingredients" got thrown into the mix. An elder demon would surely liven up Haven, and if it were interested in negotiating with a Dread Knight...well...I wouldn't need Raienbow.

There was the problem that someone had found it first, and they had chartered a town over it, likely not seeing the omens as clearly as I could. I would just have to keep my intents secret.

--------------------
When we finally made landfall, I was surprised to see how massive the effected area actually was. The stone simply floated over the ocean for miles. A graveyard had already been constructed to deal with the overwhelming amount of casualties from what appeared to be an excavation effort.

Raienbow and I cautiously docked our boats and awaited our contact. Trees only found native in the jungles erupted from the stone periodically, making horrible crackling noises as they soared into the sky. The shade they provided was refreshing, but as night fell, the shadows extended further and further until the entire island was pitch black. Creatures, hundreds of them, and overwhelmingly strong began emerging from beneath the trees. Raienbow and I fought the entire night with the endless mobs of undead and unnatural creatures. Only when morning broke did our contact finally arrive.

She strolled out and excitedly thrust a scroll at us. "Welcome to DemonsWood!" she shouted, passing us each a quill.

I lowered my axe and looked at her with bewilderment. She was clearly a Dread Knight, but not from my order. She already knew about the omens and even went to the extent of naming it "DEMONSwood". And why was she ready to recruit us so quickly? I looked over to Raienbow and saw him signing the contract.

He had made it overly clear we were going to have our own town, why was he joining one? The quill still hovered in front of me, being held out by this unknown Lady of Dread. Raienbow gave a quick glance to me and silently commanded me to sign the contract.

After another moment's hesitation, I scribbled in my name.

(Book 2 will be released in a few days.)