• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Declare War

draconis99

Holy
Retired Staff
Max Legacy Supporter
Declaring war against a town will grant you resources as you siege them, yet labeling yourself as a warmongering town with no honor will cause your town to be outcast and vulnerable for a time. This will dissuade bigger towns from using their full forces to pick on smaller, growing towns, while giving the pvp hungry town just what they want - pvp.

Any town can declare war on another town. If a town declares war on a non-shielded town, warmode is granted against that town. Instead of taxes, towns pay tribute to the admins for this shield status. By paying tribute, a protective shield is activated that protects your town from random war attempts. Shielded towns will have to option to accept or reject war attempts at their leisure.

What does warmode do?
-allows for the opposing town to attack citizens within your town boundaries without penalties.
-causes a beacon block to appear in both towns
-when this beacon block is struck, it drains resources from the town's bank
-enemies can pick up the resources and attempt to escape with them
-after a certain % of resources has been leeched from the town, warmode will deactivate and place a protective shield over the town to protect from future war attempts for X amount of time
-if no resources are available to leech, town then becomes griefable until resources are placed inside the town bank

What did you mean "attack citizens within your town boundaries without penalties"?
-if a player is inside an opposing town's region and initiates a fight, their town will receive a dishonorable strike.
-dishonorable strikes will cancel any shield protection the town had, allowing them to be warred upon and stolen from freely

My town didn't have resources and was griefed! what do I do?
-by depositing resources in your town bank, you can use a command to repair all the grief caused by players who do not have permission to build in your town
-repairs will come out of the blocks inside your town's deposit box - be sure to get the right blocks
-when attempting to repair, it will tell you how many of what block is still missing to finish repairing

What does this event even accomplish?
-this event will bring meaning to remaining an active town and paying "taxes"
-this brings a fun new aspect of raiding for resources from other towns by raiding their banks or pillaging
-inactive towns are torn down and pillaged for resources. If they fail to repair their town they can be thrown away.
-this makes attacking players inside their towns a gamble for outside forces unless war is accepted, lowering slaughters of new towns
-this makes raiding town without war require bigger towns to split up their forces or risk being raided themselves by other towns without defenses
-beacon blocks must have sunlight overhead to shine, causing towns to stop building giant ugly boxes since the beacon will fall on top of the box and be easily raidable (prettier bases)
-makes economy of resource blocks more valuable for towns, stimulating the economy

I realize this idea has many flaws and exploits. That is why this is an idea I hope the community can build upon.

agedbear

A frightening Cactus!
this is interesting concept but it definitely needs some tweaking. I can think of a select group of folks who may end up being constantly at war with their neighbors or going to lengths to prey upon certain towns that can not adequately defend against constant invasions

Please make this happen. I love your idea to stimulate pvp. Right now there is really no objective in world pvp, so people who desperately want pvp run around for hours to find only a few people who are hiding in their towns.