• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Deathchest Nerf

Dsawemd

Wiki Team
Legacy Supporter 8
Deathchest should only have the full duration when the user has not died recently. If the user has died recently, it would be protected for less time.

This, in addition to a much lower time for PvP deaths (past that first death threshold), should allow people to confidantly use their donor perk to make that secretive rush to spawn with a stack of gold blocks, but not allow them to walk around their own town while it is getting raided, laughing and making a new chest at the graveyard before recalling, keeping all them delicious loots.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Deathchest should only have the full duration when the user has not died recently. If the user has died recently, it would be protected for less time.

This, in addition to a much lower time for PvP deaths (past that first death threshold), should allow people to confidantly use their donor perk to make that secretive rush to spawn with a stack of gold blocks, but not allow them to walk around their own town while it is getting raided, laughing and making a new chest at the graveyard before recalling, keeping all them delicious loots.
Some people think 7 minutes isnt long enough for a death chest LWC...

There's two sides to this sword. Granted, the "lwc" portion of death chests were just for donors - something broke somewhere and it kicked it for everyone...

Sapetey

Stone
Well the items do not despawn unless someones in the chunk you were in I was told so 7mins for you to run and get back to your chest while its protected is plenty of time. While this happens most of the times these 7mins where a player kills a player and waits for the chest. A whole group of the other player's friend comes up and kills that one player, that I believe is unfair. Surely that player doesn't really need to wait for the chest but I believe in the term "If you die you lose your stuff you have a chance to find it and regain it." Even if its for donor's the time limit should be shorten.

FalseLuck

Legacy Supporter 7
Some people think 7 minutes isnt long enough for a death chest LWC...

There's two sides to this sword. Granted, the "lwc" portion of death chests were just for donors - something broke somewhere and it kicked it for everyone...

I've heard people say that the deathchest will charge your /money for an LWC to lock it. If you don't have the money it still spawns but isn't locked

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
Deathchest should have like 5 min before it unlocks imo. I killed a guy in his home, and he came back 3 times and on the third time he killed me. The deathchest didn't unlock even though I had been in his house for nearly 10 min.

whitemagehealu

Legacy Supporter 7
Deathchest should have like 5 min before it unlocks imo. I killed a guy in his home, and he came back 3 times and on the third time he killed me. The deathchest didn't unlock even though I had been in his house for nearly 10 min.

They only last 7 mins. Oo

FalseLuck

Legacy Supporter 7
How's that even possible? I killed the guy 7:50PM and he managed to kill me first 7:59PM and I was in the room checking the Deathchest all the time.

Surround the chest with obsidian. it really pisses people off.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
How's that even possible? I killed the guy 7:50PM and he managed to kill me first 7:59PM and I was in the room checking the Deathchest all the time.
They last 7 minutes ... unless there was extreme lag on the server, it should tick correctly.

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
They last 7 minutes ... unless there was extreme lag on the server, it should tick correctly.
It didn't for me, the Sign said ''Killed by EtKEnn 7:50PM'' I checked my PC clock to confirm, and it was the same. Then, 9 minutes later it still wasn't open.