• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Daily Login rewards!

J2BH

Legacy Supporter 7
Making suggestions to keep new players is starting to become my forte

This time I want to suggest Daily login rewards!

Everyday I brainstorm ideas for keeping new players online. Most of the time I look toward other RPG's to come up with things that could benefit HC. I got a lot in mind, but specifically I think daily login rewards is something that could greatly increase the rate of which newer players stick around.

I don't have any ideas for what specifically players should get for daily logins, but I do know the rewards should give something nice every 7 days of logs in in a row. Like maybe a xmas gift or something. A baseline for the login rewards would be xp and souls. Players could claim their daily logins at spawn if that's easier to code.

I was also thinking about rested xp. A lot of succesfull RPG's out there now have this new system called rested xp. Where xp stacks up while you're logged off, and if you log in within 2 days, you get that xp that stacked up. This could actually be a good supporter perk if you want. The rested xp is never too crazy, but it gives a nice boost and variety to leveling up aside from grinding mobs and mining :p.

Last note, the new tutorial that was put in place really works! New players are starting to stick around and less players leave as soon as they join. There are still some however, that do decide to leave, and I'll make a separate suggestion post about how we could fix that. Adding daily login rewards will give new players that extra push or that voice in the back of their head saying "You gotta log in man, get those damn rewards!"

I've noticed something pretty great about the server, it's how captivating it can be once you log in. Before you log in you decide whether or not you even want to. But once you're in, all the ideas come to mind and you end up setting goals for the day and reaching them. That's what's so beautiful about it all really, the variety and freedom of choice is what makes this server unique in its own way. Adding daily login rewards will only further help in getting HC into its prime.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Making suggestions to keep new players is starting to become my forte

This time I want to suggest Daily login rewards!

Everyday I brainstorm ideas for keeping new players online. Most of the time I look toward other RPG's to come up with things that could benefit HC. I got a lot in mind, but specifically I think daily login rewards is something that could greatly increase the rate of which newer players stick around.

I don't have any ideas for what specifically players should get for daily logins, but I do know the rewards should give something nice every 7 days of logs in in a row. Like maybe a xmas gift or something. A baseline for the login rewards would be xp and souls. Players could claim their daily logins at spawn if that's easier to code.

I was also thinking about rested xp. A lot of succesfull RPG's out there now have this new system called rested xp. Where xp stacks up while you're logged off, and if you log in within 2 days, you get that xp that stacked up. This could actually be a good supporter perk if you want. The rested xp is never too crazy, but it gives a nice boost and variety to leveling up aside from grinding mobs and mining :p.

Last note, the new tutorial that was put in place really works! New players are starting to stick around and less players leave as soon as they join. There are still some however, that do decide to leave, and I'll make a separate suggestion post about how we could fix that. Adding daily login rewards will give new players that extra push or that voice in the back of their head saying "You gotta log in man, get those damn rewards!"

I've noticed something pretty great about the server, it's how captivating it can be once you log in. Before you log in you decide whether or not you even want to. But once you're in, all the ideas come to mind and you end up setting goals for the day and reaching them. That's what's so beautiful about it all really, the variety and freedom of choice is what makes this server unique in its own way. Adding daily login rewards will only further help in getting HC into its prime.
This has been in-works for a few weeks.

Definitely coming.