• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Creepers need to be Nerfed

Should The Creeper Be Nerfed in anyway of it power?

• Total voters

Tomtm

TNT
1SxqS.png

Great now that I have you attention, I would like to talk about Creepers.

I believe that The creeper in HeroCraft are a bit Op. I agree that a creeper should be mortally feared when ever seen or spoken of.
That I have no problem with, but with the creepers there is an kill zone and a safe zone no where between. and I think there should.

When I run into a creeper most of the time I have a chance to get 2-3 blocks away befor in explodes So I am a total of 4-6 blocks away from the creeper that is going to explode and I still die instantly.

So this leads to my next example

Example:
j9noW.png

I think that the Creeper should still be able to insta kill bit not a 4-6 block away.

I have created this chat with various zones

• Black Zone: 9-10 hearts of damage (Insta Kill)
  • Yellow Zone: 6-8 hearts of damage (Seriously Injured)
  • Red Zone: 3-5 hearts of damage (Wounded)
As I have Show The creeper still has it leathl power to kill anybody from close range but as you get further way the less damage it dose.

Maybe we could elaborate on this scale further I just many don't want to be insta killed when I am 4-6 block away from the badass creeper

Northac

Obsidian
Thats how it works already, maybe you have a lag issue that causes your issue. And yes I know that its hard to kill one for the exp as certain classes, I (used to be) a low level necromancer, the only attack skill at 1 (for a bit) was drainsoul, and its starting range is just out of melee range.

So I understand the frustration of fighting these guys, but they were made with the intention of being scary son's of *&^$%&%*. And Herocraft is a hardcore server so they fit right in.

But yea, they suck lol.

(love the sig btw)

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Well, with Heroes - I'm not exactly sure it reduces damage based on further distance. Definitely need testing. Since we throw our custom damage events, it makes things like Creepers hard to calculate.

Rolaen

Wood
Well, I don't think you can lower the creeper damage. But you should be able to lower the explosive damage which in turns should lower creeper. I could be wrong as well. But that is my two cents

mikehk

Legacy Supporter 6
Since we throw our custom damage events
oooh so thats how i can sometimes survive dem bishes...
Well, I don't think you can lower the creeper damage. But you should be able to lower the explosive damage which in turns should lower creeper. I could be wrong as well. But that is my two cents
yes, you can. have you looked at the heroes configs?

jazza411

Legacy Supporter 3

This was a fantastic suggestion and I enjoyed how much effort you put in :)

But I disagree with you creepers are there to punish people who do not look where they are going and unspecs trying to take them on, it makes HC so much more hardcore and enjoyable.

I_Love_Miners

Legacy Supporter 5
yeah, i feel bad for non warrior classes that can't really wear armor. i basically just let creepers blow up and i dont really care because im a paladin, but it sucks to see guys levelling up mob killing and always dying from creepers just because they picked the 'wrong' class

Tomtm

TNT
perhaps we could test it, beace when even I see a creeper I get alteast a good to blocks 3 blocks away first but I am still instantly killed

Rolaen

Wood
I haven't done much with heros itself. So I I know little about it. Just tossing ideas out though.

MultiHeartGold

Legacy Supporter 2
I am a 35 Ninja and I barely lose 5 hearts per Creeper, so I dont really see any problem with them. If you cant kill one, just avoid them.

EvilThor

Legacy Supporter 3
As a paladin I don't got any problems whit creepers, but I see your problem.
I agree whit jazza411, creepers are not hard to avoid (seeing you can sprint faster then them), and the people the usually kill is people who don't think about where they go.

faredX

Gold
Choose the path of the paladin,
They whom always survives,
A mere creeper,
Won't do more then four hearts.

Kimsgrim

Legacy Supporter 5
I prefer them being as deadly as they are. This game is getting easier and easier.