• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Creeperborn

Ultanian

Portal
Hey everyone! I thought it would be fun to write this story, mainly as a joke, and present it to you guys! :)

However, I use fictional characters and mild language, so if you can't handle a couple of grown up words please leave this thread! Thanks! Also, make sure not to post on here, but on the comments thread I will post up labeled "Comments on Creeperborn." Without further ado, let's begin the story!

Ultanian

Portal
Chapter 1- Prisonmates

It's been at least a month since I was thrown in here. Hell, I wouldn't even be surprised if I've been here three times that! You see, I'm an adventurer, I like to spend my spare time on foot, roaming through the woods looking for places to explore. And apparently here in Haven, that's near impossible without being jumped by bandits, monsters, you name it. How did I even get here? It's kind of a long story, get yourself comfortable.
I had been walking deep into the forest and I had come across a large bonfire, with the smell of burning flesh clinging in the air. I snuck in closer to get a better view of the carnage. Men clad in red and orange cloaks stood around a helpless old merchant, interrogating him, most likely for a key of some sort.
I recognized who these bandits were immediately. These were the Freepers, the faction known for its merciless killings and raids, and hated by many. They worship the Fire Creeper, a monster of such power capable of turning deserts to glass. Being the good guy that I was, I foolishly intervened.
"What do you think your doing! Can't you see this man can't defend himself? Go attack someone who poses a threat to you!"
"Looks like we got ourselves a fighter," muttered the masked Dragoon, "kill him."
I know I said I was an adventurer, but that doesn't mean I fight. I have absolutely zero combat experience, and let me tell you, I got the living shit beat out of me. Luckily, AD guards showed up before the Freepers could finish the job.
I was expecting them to be friendly, but as I wasn't a citizen and the Freepers had retreated, they needed someone to blame. I tried to get the old man to vouch for me, until I realized he had bled out. May he forever be with the Zo.
From there I was dragged to this grimy dungeon, where I actually met some good guys ironically. Most of them were in a bad place at a bad time, just like me. There was one prisonmate who kept to himself and was quiet during meals, and no one knew who he was. I decided to chat with this mystery man, and through some small talk I learned he was a wizard, sent to the dungeons for his research on the evil creatures known to us as Creepers. He had said his name was Ultahn, and asked for mine.
"My name? Oh yes, my name is-"
I was cut off by the sound of the large wooden doors slamming open, and the guards telling us to go to our cells. We wondered what was going on outside, and from rumors I had heard a Freeper was caught and under maximum security. Fortunately these were true, as I found out later.
That was yesterday, and everyone talked of seeing this new inmate. I hoped he would be the Dragoon I had seen from when I had been captured. As the day went on, I went from cell to cell seeking this Freeper my friends spoke of. A crowd was gathering on the opposite wall of the dungeon, I casually strolled over to see the commotion.
It was a Freeper alright, but not the one I had seen. He was chained to the wall and restrained by heavy weights. By the looks of him, I could tell he was a beguiler due to his constant shivering and talking to himself. He was insane.
Now I don't understand how the guards didn't react quick enough, but the beguiler used fireball on his chains, melting them off. Next, he created what looked to be a sheep, out of mid air, and threw it against the wall. Instantaneously the animal exploded as it made contact with the stone brick. A gaping hole was formed, and all of the prisoners, including Ultahn and I, made a run for the open world.