• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Creating more uniform heal skill names...

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Heal skills make little to no sense in the naming and effectiveness.

Currently we have:
  1. Bandage (low heal)
  2. Pray (med heal)
  3. Chant (larger heal)
  4. Full Heal (Complete Heal)
I'm looking for suggestions to stream-line this to both make logical sense and an easy "oh shit that heal is large and I need to kick it!" or a "ahh, that heal is small lets not do anything about it"
My thoughts
  1. Bandage... or LightHealing
  2. Healing
  3. GreaterHealing
  4. MassiveHeal (or Fullheal)
or just chop it down more
  • Cure
  • Curaga
  • Curaja
What are your thoughts?

macura

Diamond
I don't know, i like them how they are. Variations of heal are too bland and cure; curaja and curaga are way too similar, i wouldn't know what to kick off.

victim130

Legacy Supporter 8
Heal skills make little to no sense in the naming and effectiveness.

Currently we have:
  1. Bandage (low heal)
  2. Pray (med heal)
  3. Chant (larger heal)
  4. Full Heal (Complete Heal)
I'm looking for suggestions to stream-line this to both make logical sense and an easy "oh shit that heal is large and I need to kick it!" or a "ahh, that heal is small lets not do anything about it"
My thoughts
  1. Bandage... or LightHealing
  2. Healing
  3. GreaterHealing
  4. MassiveHeal (or Fullheal)
or just chop it down more
  • Cure
  • Curaga
  • Curaja
What are your thoughts?

Eh Final Fantasy ripoffs are common I GUESS, but that's your call. Personally I like the grading system to these heals, but I almost wish we could keep them with awesome names.

On a super duper awesome idea note: Why not make our own healing system based on a language system for the Herocraft world? If its a YES, we could come up with (Insert Herocraftian Language Word for HEAL) with maybe Great<Word> Lesser<Word> or maybe <word><Suffix that makes it seem larger or smaller>

Either way, I think we could overhaul TONS of skill names with that in mind (Focusing more on magic maybe?)

May have dodged the topic a little bit, but let me know what you think. For now I say either we stick with what we got or the grading system. No need to rip other RPGs.

RaepSoda

Iron
Maybe,

Bandage- We already know Bandage is the lowest heal, and it sounds small to begin with.
First Aid- Falls in the same theme of Bandage, but sounds like a mid heal.
Greater Healing- Pretty obvious it's going to be a greater heal than Bandage and First Aid.
Full Heal- Full Heal, self explanatory.

Dsawemd

Wiki Team
Legacy Supporter 8
-1 for making all heals start with the same 3 letters, that would make them too hard to discriminate in the heat of battle.

I like the PrefixHealing structure we are setting up tho.
Heres a structure that could work to help us remember the comparison of different heals. If we had more levels of healing. Still though, a start.

Heal/Bandage-50
Minor Heal - 100
Lesser Heal -150
Greater Heal -200
Major Heal -250
Full Heal - Full

edit: numbers there for example reference only.

teddytazer

Soulsand
I'll have to agree with victim, with our combined brain power we should easily be able come up with brand new words for healing skills that could be unique and original and 100% herocraft only. Perhaps make a small reward/prize for person with the winning names. ;)

Jasquan

Legacy Supporter 9
If you were to use the grading system, can we atleast call them
MHeal
GHeal
and so on, instead of MinorHeal, GreaterHeal, because that would be an ass to type :p
I know most people use macros mod (I do) but let's take care of those who don't.

Moorcaste

Legacy Supporter 3
Side Note:
it might be nice if the better the skill then the longer the name. In a glance (without memorizing info) you can know that one skill is obviously better than another.
1) Heal
2) In Your Face Divine Light Super Powered Heal (gotta freakin stop that one)

awsumguy75321

Obsidian
I have an idea of a language for ALL of the skills- it's a close-to-complete language, used in a fantasy novel series, and could possibly be used to rename almost all of our skills!

How about the language of the high elves of Valinor, Quenya?

teddytazer

Soulsand
Like I said perhaps original words. Kainzo listed the skills. come up with some unique names. hell I'm going to make some even if they seem pointless and dumb. I'll name skills after the gods of herocraft.

1. Bandage (low heal) - Kainzlotion
  2. Pray (med heal) - Buddaheal
  3. Chant (larger heal) - Angylesong
  4. Full Heal (Complete Heal) Apherditetouch

judgedread540

Legacy Supporter 3
Like I said perhaps original words. Kainzo listed the skills. come up with some unique names. hell I'm going to make some even if they seem pointless and dumb. I'll name skills after the gods of herocraft.

1. Bandage (low heal) - Kainzlotion
  2. Pray (med heal) - Buddaheal
  3. Chant (larger heal) - Angylesong
  4. Full Heal (Complete Heal) Apherditetouch

Where do I buy Kainzo Lotion?

Dazureus

Legacy Supporter 4
Could go like such:

Heal
Salve
Restore / Remedy
Ameliorate / Restoration

Although I have to say, "Angylesong" is an awesome name for a heal or buff.

Jasquan

Legacy Supporter 9
Side Note:
it might be nice if the better the skill then the longer the name. In a glance (without memorizing info) you can know that one skill is obviously better than another.
1) Heal
2) In Your Face Divine Light Super Powered Heal (gotta freakin stop that one)
I'll just leave this here for you.