• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Creating a Town/City, how does this work?

Azza1070

TNT
Hey,

I hope a mod of an admin or some sort will read this to help answer my constantly frustrating questions, and I apologise if I sound stupid, but some things confuse and I have to ask..lol (also, I'm Australian so I'll use British English grammar & spelling).

(I plan on making a town and then possibly a city, but firstly I want to be absolutely certain of these questions, it would REALLY help if they can be answered properly, cheers;))

Ok, so firstly, when you create a Town, the requirements are as follows:
- 64 Iron Blocks + 5 discs
- 7.5k coins
- 10 signatures (excluding Count/Countess/Mayor)

My first questions for this are...
- When you fill out an application form and it gets accepted, how do the items get transferred to the one creating the town barriers? (The admin/mod, not sure who can do it) Do you just hand them over in the middle of the Zeal? What if someone is there to take the items? (Lol)

- Do I, the town OWNER, get choose where the center of the town is? And from there is it roughly 75 blocks in all directions to cover the radius of the town?

- Can you have 5 of ANY discs? (I've heard they have to be Green discs for a town?)

Apart from those things so far, I basically know everything else. But my questions don't stop there, the main question I want to know is, can you create a city STRAIGHT up? Or do you have to make a town first and then wait awhile? If you CAN create a city straight up, these are my questions..

- If I have a town already, to turn it into a city do I need 10 or 5 more discs?

That's all I need to know for now, I'll post anything more if I think of a question that I might need to know...Thanks! :D

richfish57

Legacy Supporter 6
Not a mod or anything but I can tell you what I know
1- When you fill out an application form and it gets accepted, how do the items get transferred to the one creating the town barriers? (The admin/mod, not sure who can do it) Do you just hand them over in the middle of the Zeal? What if someone is there to take the items? (Lol)

2- Do I, the town OWNER, get choose where the center of the town is? And from there is it roughly 75 blocks in all directions to cover the radius of the town?

3-Apart from those things so far, I basically know everything else. But my questions don't stop there, the main question I want to know is, can you create a city STRAIGHT up? Or do you have to make a town first and then wait awhile? If you CAN create a city straight up, these are my questions..
#1 I believe it's handed over wherever like a trade. Get a LWC and keep the items safe until you are ready to pay.
#2 Should do. I dont know if the admin makes them or if it's auto done but it seems they are "perfect" circles (closest match you can get) around with about the right ratio

For 3 I'll quote the wiki
  • You may not skip through stages of town development and subsequently avoid the costs of those stages (Town -> Capital for example). All townships must pass through every stage to advance and pay/meet the associated requirements for each tier.
When you ask if you need 5 or 10 more on expanding to the next level, it's the full number I would expect.

AfroDave

Legacy Supporter 3
1) Collect all the items needed for township.

2) Make the required buildings. Make sure everyone has a plot.

3)Make sure you have a township application up on the forums.

4) Open a pe. Here is an example

/pe open *** needs townships. I have the items needed to pay. Town center coords ***, ***

OrangeAngel

Legacy Supporter 2
Yeah i already chose a sacrifice for Skyforge... *looks at Domi* Good thing it doesnt have to be a towny for the sacrifice.

Apherdite

Queen Bee
This is true. It does not have to be a citizen, nor do they have to be willing.... just hold them down and the rest will take care of itself.

AfroDave

Legacy Supporter 3
Ow... I heard it had to be virgins though...

23:44 Apherdite Kainzo and I were in the mall, and one of those kiosk vendors was trying to sell us soap or something... and he asked what he used for his hands, and Kainzo told him "the blood of virgins"