• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Crate Keys

Watermelon_01

Legacy Supporter 2
I know this isn't really my place to be saying these sorts of things so I'm sorry if I offend somebody or cause someone harm, but is there anyway for crate keys to cost less, lowering their in game value as well as their real world value? I feel that people are taking advantage of their ability to buy things irl and are exploiting those who cannot do so and are forced to pay ridiculous amounts of in game money to buy them (as crates aren't nearly as rare and as costly as keys).
Additionally if anyone is worried about the balance of what crates can give, why not also give crates the ability to give less rare, useful items as well?
I will refer the reader to a conversation that is on another thread as the reason for this comment: http://herocraftonline.com/main/threads/money-gain-and-useage.56253/#post-443097

jan9f

Legacy Supporter 3
I think having them able to be at least lowered a bit is a good idea. If you look at the store, beyond purchasing just one key, it's actually more efficient to get subscriber for a month. I think perhaps they need a little balancing.

Lostboi007

Glowing Redstone
Maybe add crate keys as a drop in the game with a drop rate = to that of a soul of a great hero?
I like this idea having them as in game drops but very rare in game drops. Another idea could be to lower rates of the crates to a very rare rate or something you can only get by voting or something like this then having keys drop in game rarely but not so much that it's ridiculously rare though.

Watermelon_01

Legacy Supporter 2
I like this idea having them as in game drops but very rare in game drops. Another idea could be to lower rates of the crates to a very rare rate or something you can only get by voting or something like this then having keys drop in game rarely but not so much that it's ridiculously rare though.
Yes but crates AND keys should be fairly easy to get, maybe not like in a 1 in 20 chance to get, but something reasonable (ex. crates: 1 % drop rate, keys: 0.1 % drop rate).

Ice_Burner

Legacy Supporter 1
Agree 100% seeing as how if you get a key and a crate, there's no telling what you could get. From boosts to titles to crappy microblocks... I just feel loot crate keys are overpriced and should have a little nerf in value. *cough* Drop them from ores and shit *cough*

Lostboi007

Glowing Redstone
I agree i was just thinking that having something that will still benefit kainzo one some way will appeal more to him

jan9f

Legacy Supporter 3
I don't know if Kainzo will publicly share this, but I'm willing to bet that he wouldn't be taking that much of a loss towards his total profits by balancing the keys a little more. Then don't seem like they're making a ton of revenue, and most people getting the keys are probably buying subscriber.