• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

[Contest] Jumping Puzzles in Temporary, Small, MV Maps

Dielan9999

Legacy Supporter 5
Event: Jumping Puzzle, can be competitive, can be reward-by-completion
Execution: We are already using Multiverse (that's how we have Ruins and Haven at once), so we can set up a portal in the nexus to take you to a new MV map like I suggest. It would not allow you to place blocks and I would suggest class-based hidden areas that only certain classes can go (such as Dragoon Jumping, Wizard Blinking, or Druid vinewhatever-ing) that have secondary rewards.
Inspiration: I remember way back in Sanctum the only two ways into the Nether was through a jumping puzzle through a lava lake, or through a maze where the walls were made of lava. Also on the map Dragongarde the spawn was filled to the brim with clever easter eggs that were challenging to find and I still didn't manage to find them all before that wipe.
Possibilities: The architect team can make fun jumping puzzles out of pretty much anything and that includes previous maps on Herocraft. Kainzo himself already had a sort of jumping puzzle competition where he was on top of the ruins spawn and gave rare loot to the first people to find him and give him a specific named item. The architects could redesign previous towns/spawns/dungeons/whole kingdoms from previous maps into jumping puzzle fashion and import them into a small MV world on a temporary basis. In the example of large jumping puzzles (like kingdom size) I would suggest having PVP on and multiple starting points (3 portals in?) as this works well in a similar GW2 jumping puzzle only accessible form WvWvW. Also, since these worlds wouldn't allow you to place blocks you can use redstone magic to automate the reward process for the players for finishing the level.

tl;dr Dielan likes jumping puzzles.