• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion [Command] /whereis <location>

Eneokun

Max Legacy Supporter
By reading the title you know what I'm suggesting already.
The classic command to get one's position - depending on permissions you can only get your position of course - is:
/where <player>
(or)
/whereami <player>
The known alternative is: /pos
(And maybe some more...)
___________________________________________________________________________________​

Now I wanted to suggest an idea that came to my mind when I saw newbies asking about the same locations
in chat over and over again.

"Where's Exchange?" , "Where's Central?", "How to get to Central?", "Where's Spawn?" ...

Creating a command similar to the player's location finder, that could provide the location in coordinates *plus a little description, might help players getting to the locations desired faster and easier, without having the need of asking several times.
___________________________________________________________________________________

The command and an example:

Command: /whereis <location>
Possible alternatives: /find <location>, /gps <location>, /showlocation <location>

Example: /whereis Exchange

Result sample:

World: Central (Exchange)
*Direction: South
*Description: Central Market District Exchange

* The direction the player needs to go from his position, if the player is not in Central, but in any other world (except Nether and Limbo, this will show him the coordinates of the ship to central only.

I'd also recommend to split certain regions up in subregions or create regions to be defined as:

Central:

- Landing
- Arena
- Exchange
- Market
- Docks

Spawn (For all Spawns):
- Nexus
- Spawn

World:
- Spire (For each Spire)
- Graveyard (For each direction)

* marked are optional, but recommended.

___________________________________________________________________________________

Some examples of valid locations for the command, depending on the script:
/whereis <location>​
  • Spawn (All of them, i. e. <spawn pve>)
  • Central (Landing)
  • Exchange (Central)
  • Market (Central)
  • Docks (Central)
  • Arena (Central)
  • Nexus (All of them, i. e. <nexus pve>)
  • Spire (All of them, i.e. <spire water>)
  • Graveyard (All of them, i. e. <graveyard east>)

___________________________________________________________________________________​

The command could be optimized to be used for town location finding, if this kind of transparency would be allowed or useful.
You may discuss about that below if you like. The command would be: /whereis <town>

In general any feedback is appreciated, of course!

Pro:
- You get information and coordinates of the location to be found by entering a single command.

Con:
- Depending on the script, it won't exactly tell you how to get there, only where it is.

If there is already a similar command, forget the idea and close this thread.
I didn't know about such command's existence, so I suggested it.
You may tell me the command's name in response too.
I also don't know if it is possible to be implemented at all, if depending on a plugin.
Anyway I'm sure you get the intention and idea.

JazzDesignation

Staff member
Coder
Legacy Supporter 8
You can also get your own position by doing /getpos

Great idea! This would be very useful to newbs and guides alike.

Last edited:

Eneokun

Max Legacy Supporter
Yes, it would be really useful for any player I assume, not just for newbies.