• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Clerics - Buffs

Kimsgrim

Legacy Supporter 5
So far my experience as a cleric as shown me a few things. In a lot of games, a cleric or healer character can make or break a lot of situations. Highly vulnerable to attack, but highly effective in helping their team. In Hc, not so much. You don't really hear of a need for them or a real want for them.

I suggest changing Guardian angel to 25% defense + hp regen bonus over 3 minutes within a 10 block radius. Similar to Might. The reason I suggest this is that 4 seconds of invulnerability is kind of useless. The thought of being invulnerable is amazing, but for only 4 seconds with a 3 minute cool down?

Also increasing group heals heal rate. Currently 210 for 50 mana, I feel that 300 would be a fair number.

So in point form:

- Change guardian angel to 25% defense +hp regen over 3 minutes within 10 blocks.
- Increase Group heal to 300.
- Perhaps lower Clerics Maximum Hp to compensate for stronger buffs.

I just feel that the Cleric could be an amazing character if used right, but also very vulnerable. Right now, I usually don't even feel like a target, as I do not really cause much concern, despite my using the skills to what I think is the best I could.

What do you guys think?

llvllax

Glowing Redstone
Well I haven't gotten very high level (40) but so far I ve really enjoyed being cleric I feel you have REALLY buffed clerics with this suggestions but I do have a few personal suggestions I would like to add, and feel free to edit the into your thread if you like.

First of really like the idea of regeneration instead of involn but ill leave that topic for now.

My suggestions is actually for smite, and I do understand clerics shouldn't have a high attack (and they dont) but I feel a percent per level increase on smites damage would really add balance to the class. M
And second since we can't use keybinds, they're should be a larger hit box for pray, chant, and bandage.

No major changes in my opinion are nessesary, I really enjoy this class but I do feel the above suggestions would level the field a bit.

Side note: on my phone, may not catch spelling/grammar.

STDs4YouAnd4Me

Legacy Supporter 8
I like the Guardian Angel idea, but raising Group Heal to 300 HP is a bit too much. 210 is a good number, and with only a 10 second cooldown for Group Heal it's a pretty effective skill as is.

Kimsgrim

Legacy Supporter 5
Giving them better abilities and less health is how I have always seen cleric type characters. More incentive to kill the cleric. There is normally higher agro towards Healers.

Algsa777

TNT
May i say this, if your saying Clerics need a buff either you suck EXTREMELY hard at it or havent even played Cleric.
I'm only lv27 and i can take out lv35+ Wizards with ease. Clerics are great Anti-casters, besides Clerics are healer, if you want more dmg potential go Paladin bro.
Clerics have a spammable 100 dmg Smite, a 150 HP heal that cures bleed, an antidote, a 250 HP heal, and long range 350 HP heal, a 6 sec invuln, a revive, a quick (kind of small) AoE attack buff, a long range Debuff remover, an AoE 210 HP heal, an AoE 4.5 sec invuln, and a FullHeal.

We dont try to kill, we outlive, and survive! Now if your trying to go against a Dragoon or Sammurai your stupid. Just saying.

So my point, Clerics are peferctly balance if not slightly OP.

Kimsgrim

Legacy Supporter 5
May i say this, if your saying Clerics need a buff either you suck EXTREMELY hard at it or havent even played Cleric.
I'm only lv27 and i can take out lv35+ Wizards with ease. Clerics are great Anti-casters, besides Clerics are healer, if you want more dmg potential go Paladin bro.
Clerics have a spammable 100 dmg Smite, a 150 HP heal that cures bleed, an antidote, a 250 HP heal, and long range 350 HP heal, a 6 sec invuln, a revive, a quick (kind of small) AoE attack buff, a long range Debuff remover, an AoE 210 HP heal, an AoE 4.5 sec invuln, and a FullHeal.

We dont try to kill, we outlive, and survive! Now if your trying to go against a Dragoon or Sammurai your stupid. Just saying.

So my point, Clerics are peferctly balance if not slightly OP.

Do you read the post or just the thread title xD

I suggested invulin be revamped and group heal adjusted. As it stands now, cleric is more of a stand alone class then it is a supportive class. Catch my drift snowbank?

Algsa777

TNT
Do you read the post or just the thread title xD

I suggested invulin be revamped and group heal adjusted. As it stands now, cleric is more of a stand alone class then it is a supportive class. Catch my drift snowbank?

Cleric can stand-alone because they have such an useful set of heals I can combo bandage and pray combo to survive a combo Fireball, Icebolt, and Bolt.
Cleric doesnt need to be fixed, and I read both your Title and OP, Cleric dont need buffs nor do they need a stronger AoE Heal and change out they need their 4.5 sec invuln which out for a skill that passively heals every1 nearby and gives them even stronger armor, since would make their stronger heals pointless to a degree and somecases all heals pointless. Now think of a Samurai or Dragoon teaming up with a Cleric, combine that stronger AoE heal, the 6 sec invuln, an armor enhancing and regening long term AoE, you just made some1 immortal, and if they were to die some how, you can revive them if your a fast typer or got hit name binded to a revive skill.
You arent just making the Cleric even stronger stand-alone you are making the go to class for 2v1 or group fights!

STDs4YouAnd4Me

Legacy Supporter 8
Algsa, I can safely say you don't have a clue what you're talking about. Almost everything you said was wrong, and it would take me an entire day to correct you.

Algsa777

TNT
Algsa, I can safely say you don't have a clue what you're talking about. Almost everything you said was wrong, and it would take me an entire day to correct you.
I may be exaggerating, but in all Honesty, Cleric doesnt need to be changed at all. Me and my friends are fine with the class. We wont want it any stronger or weaker, we all survive on our own pretty fine and we're menaces at Group Fight, just ask Roadkill909.

whitemagehealu

Legacy Supporter 7
25% damage reduction on top of armor would be really unbalanced. Just for an example that would make a paladin reduce 97% damage... And a 3 minute regen? Wow.

Kimsgrim

Legacy Supporter 5
Cleric dont need buffs nor do they need a stronger AoE Heal and change out they need their 4.5 sec invuln which out for a skill that passively heals every1 nearby and gives them even stronger armor, since would make their stronger heals pointless to a degree and somecases all heals pointless.

What? lol

My whole point in this is shifting the cleric character from a stand alone to a supportive role. Right now it is some place in the middle, which I find strange. As a support character it takes little or no skill to use. I suggest upping it's buffing ability while sacrificing health.

With the current health, and it's current abilities, it seems to be more of a middle of the spectrum of support classes as apposed to far end healer.

Of course people are fine with it, lots of health, decent armor, piles of healing abilities and no skill to use. This is all of course in my own opinion.

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
If a cleric team up with a paladin he and the pally are pretty much invurnable. The idea of Clerix is support and right now it has the best support skills in the game.

Not to mention that a Cleric can kite with Smite and heal himself up at the same time.

Eldrylars

Legacy Supporter 8
My biggest gripe with the clerics is their full heal. Has anyone ever used it? Half your mana pool and 10 second warm up?
Keep the Full heal to half mana to restrict it's use to those managing their mana and give it a 1 second cast with a 10 minute cooldown

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Probably going to lower mana on their Full Heal. It should be a complete heal on the target, have a long cast time and medium mana usage.

Favith

Legacy Supporter 7
Herocraft has "Healers" and "Utility Classes".

You seem to be confusing the two.

The one buff you do provide you provide BETTER than the "utility" class that also provides that buff. Plus you get awesome heals that "utility" classes would kill for. Think your group heal sucks? Wanna trade it for Healing Chorus? I don't know any bard that wouldn't take you up on that deal. We'd both win--bards would get a heal that actually heals for a decent amount and you'd get more group utility with the tiny group heal that removes debuffs.

We don't ask for your group heal because we know we're not healers. Don't ask for more buffs (aka, "utility")--that's our job.

Maybe your group heal needs to heal for more, I don't know. I hear it's a pain to single-target heal people in this game so I can understand the desire for a stronger group heal.

Algsa777

TNT
Herocraft has "Healers" and "Utility Classes".

You seem to be confusing the two.

The one buff you do provide you provide BETTER than the "utility" class that also provides that buff. Plus you get awesome heals that "utility" classes would kill for. Think your group heal sucks? Wanna trade it for Healing Chorus? I don't know any bard that wouldn't take you up on that deal. We'd both win--bards would get a heal that actually heals for a decent amount and you'd get more group utility with the tiny group heal that removes debuffs.

We don't ask for your group heal because we know we're not healers. Don't ask for more buffs (aka, "utility")--that's our job.

Maybe your group heal needs to heal for more, I don't know. I hear it's a pain to single-target heal people in this game so I can understand the desire for a stronger group heal.
its not as much as struggle a you would think, you really just need skill, practice, and a decent comp.
Also ninjasalad your suggestion dont change how close cleric is to a "Healer" or "Support." Also like i said before and will SAY AGAIN! Cleric is good at standing-alone for the exact same reason it good for team fights. It has both HEALS and SUPPORTS, and it should stay that way since: Priest (Support,) Doctor (Healer,) and then finally Cleric (Hybrid.) This is how i label my Ult classes and i have a reason for it.