• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Cleric Rework

Ultanian

Portal
Current Cleric is based around large, single instance heals and a select amount of buffs. I would like to propose that additional buffs be added to some skills, as shown below:

Level 1: SacredWord (current)
You call on the Word, healing your target (within 8 blocks) for (75 + 2 per wisdom point) health. Takes 1.5 seconds to warm up.

Level 1: SacredWord (rework)
You call on the Word, healing your target (within 8 blocks) for (65 + 1 per wisdom point) health. For 10 seconds after use, for target and caster all damage taken is reduced by 10%. Takes 1.5 seconds to warm up.

Level 20: Invuln (current)
You are invulnerable for 4 seconds.

Level 20: Invuln (rework)
You and your target are invulnerable for 4 seconds.

Level 25: Dispel (current)
You remove a magical effect from your target (within 12 blocks). Takes 1 second to warm up.

Level 25: Dispel (rework)
You remove a magical effect from your target (within 12 blocks). Any incoming magical effects are nulled for 2 seconds. Takes 1 second to warm up.

Level 35: SacredTouch (current)
Your touch heals your target (within 10 blocks) for (190 + 4.25 per wisdom point) health. Takes 3 seconds to warm up.

Level 35: SacredTouch (rework)
Your touch heals your target (within 10 blocks) for (175 + 3 per wisdom point) health. For 18 seconds after use, for target and caster all damage taken is reduced by 10%. Takes 3 seconds to warm up.

Level 45: DivineBlessing (current)
All party members (including yourself) within an 8 block radius are healed for (120 + 3.25 per wisdom point) health. Takes 2.5 seconds to warm up.

Level 45: DivineBlessing (rework)
All party members (including yourself) within an 8 block radius have all damage taken reduced by 40% for 10 seconds. Takes 2.5 seconds to warm up.

Level 60: Remove SacredHymn

Level 60: FullHeal (current)
You restore your target within (8 + 0.15 per wisdom point) blocks to full health. If cast on yourself, you heal for half your maximum health points. Takes 4 seconds to warm up.

Level 60: FullHeal (rework)
You restore your target within (8 + 0.15 per wisdom point) blocks to full health. If cast on yourself, you heal for half your maximum health points. Target is has Invuln for 2 seconds. Takes 4 seconds to warm up. (Increase cooldown from 20 seconds to 3 minutes.)

On a side note, some casters should have a skill that penetrates or removes these buffs. Additionally, bleeds and DoTs aren't affected by the buffs.

Last edited:

Beau_Nearh

Portal
This is interesting,my only concern is that cleric would lean more towards how Druid currently is with that being heals over time. I think the fact that cleric has instant heals was what separated it from Druid (to an extent). Also your rework if divine blessing does seem a little over the top with 40% reduced damage for a duration of 10 seconds (not sure how this would actually pan out in terms of PVP).

Very creative thinking with the reworks (I like a few myself :D) but I doubt anything being changed due to @Balance Team currently working on Rogues. (Healers have already been worked on to my understanding).

devotedworker

Retired Staff
Max Legacy Supporter
Current Cleric is based around large, single instance heals and a select amount of buffs. I would like to propose that additional buffs be added to some skills, as shown below:

Level 1: SacredWord (current)
You call on the Word, healing your target (within 8 blocks) for (75 + 2 per wisdom point) health. Takes 1.5 seconds to warm up.

Level 1: SacredWord (rework)
You call on the Word, healing your target (within 8 blocks) for (65 + 1 per wisdom point) health. For 10 seconds after use, for target and caster all damage taken is reduced by 10%. Takes 1.5 seconds to warm up.

Level 20: Invuln (current)
You are invulnerable for 4 seconds.

Level 20: Invuln (rework)
You and your target are invulnerable for 4 seconds.

Level 25: Dispel (current)
You remove a magical effect from your target (within 12 blocks). Takes 1 second to warm up.

Level 25: Dispel (rework)
You remove a magical effect from your target (within 12 blocks). Any incoming magical effects are nulled for 2 seconds. Takes 1 second to warm up.

Level 35: SacredTouch (current)
Your touch heals your target (within 10 blocks) for (190 + 4.25 per wisdom point) health. Takes 3 seconds to warm up.

Level 35: SacredTouch (rework)
Your touch heals your target (within 10 blocks) for (175 + 3 per wisdom point) health. For 18 seconds after use, for target and caster all damage taken is reduced by 10%. Takes 3 seconds to warm up.

Level 45: DivineBlessing (current)
All party members (including yourself) within an 8 block radius are healed for (120 + 3.25 per wisdom point) health. Takes 2.5 seconds to warm up.

Level 45: DivineBlessing (rework)
All party members (including yourself) within an 8 block radius have all damage taken reduced by 40% for 10 seconds. Takes 2.5 seconds to warm up.

Level 60: Remove SacredHymn

Level 60: FullHeal (current)
You restore your target within (8 + 0.15 per wisdom point) blocks to full health. If cast on yourself, you heal for half your maximum health points. Takes 4 seconds to warm up.

Level 60: FullHeal (rework)
You restore your target within (8 + 0.15 per wisdom point) blocks to full health. If cast on yourself, you heal for half your maximum health points. Target is has Invuln for 2 seconds. Takes 4 seconds to warm up. (Increase cooldown from 20 seconds to 3 minutes.)

On a side note, some casters should have a skill that penetrates or removes these buffs. Additionally, bleeds and DoTs aren't affected by the buffs.
Its a very good look at. Very creative :D I like it!

JupiterRome

Legacy Supporter 5
Fuck.
No.

Cleric is already strong, I had played druid for the 100 damage ire so I could solo and not just be uber tanky, Now Cleric has 100 damage wrath and decent smite, (I mean some mana problems but If your smart they are manageable)
I think Cleric should get some CDs Upped and Some Mana Costs lowerd, ANND
AND
AND
AND
AND
(Just need to STRESS THIS SO FUCKING MUCH)
Wrath REMOVED AND Cleric getting Guardian Angel Back, Also I think a slight armor nerf would be good, (This would make the class more of a healer and less of a 200 damage every 8 seconds tanky asf healer, It would also make the class more "Fun" to play due to reduced mana costs)

devotedworker

Retired Staff
Max Legacy Supporter
Fuck.
No.

Cleric is already strong, I had played druid for the 100 damage ire so I could solo and not just be uber tanky, Now Cleric has 100 damage wrath and decent smite, (I mean some mana problems but If your smart they are manageable)
I think Cleric should get some CDs Upped and Some Mana Costs lowerd, ANND
AND
AND
AND
AND
(Just need to STRESS THIS SO FUCKING MUCH)
Wrath REMOVED AND Cleric getting Guardian Angel Back, Also I think a slight armor nerf would be good, (This would make the class more of a healer and less of a 200 damage every 8 seconds tanky asf healer, It would also make the class more "Fun" to play due to reduced mana costs)
Why remove Wrath? its simply another thing for us Clerics to waste mana on, which is good consitering we can only deal 80 Damage plus us bashing someone with a Hoe as damage. What reason would you have of getting rid of it?

JupiterRome

Legacy Supporter 5
Why remove Wrath? its simply another thing for us Clerics to waste mana on, which is good consitering we can only deal 80 Damage plus us bashing someone with a Hoe as damage. What reason would you have of getting rid of it?
Ahh I forgot to word this, Wrath - Which Is Usaully Around 100 damage from what I've seen, Would be removed and Guardian Angel Re-added, I didn't say it would be in place of Wrath so thanks for catching me there, Would you rather 1 more damage skill or a Group Invuln (Most clerics Would say group invuln because cleric is built for amazing group fights but has to run and heal and peel in 1v1s)

devotedworker

Retired Staff
Max Legacy Supporter
Ahh I forgot to word this, Wrath - Which Is Usaully Around 100 damage from what I've seen, Would be removed and Guardian Angel Re-added, I didn't say it would be in place of Wrath so thanks for catching me there, Would you rather 1 more damage skill or a Group Invuln (Most clerics Would say group invuln because cleric is built for amazing group fights but has to run and heal and peel in 1v1s)
I would love to have both :D

Ultanian

Portal
Numbers are just examples, I believe the actual heal amounts could be lowered even more...

JupiterRome

Legacy Supporter 5
Sounds like a very unneeded buff/change Divine Stun someone = like 50% Damage Reduction +full heal