• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Cleric[Minor Skill Addon]

Super593

Glowstone
I tried out cleric and I noticed it's a class that does mostly healing but...

It doesn't have any anti debuff or DoT skills or anything.

I was thinking maybe it could get an Early-Mid Game skill that looks something like

HolyCleanse
Level:25 [15?]
Description:You call on Holy power to cleanse and heal your target or yourself if there is none, curing them of all Debuffs and DoTs.
Cost:130

Is it viable?I mean it's meant to add onto the Clerics support by allowing them to get rid of negative effects since it's mostly a class that does nothing but support with some slight damage here or there.

Super593

Glowstone
The main problem I think with cleric was it just heals, it isn't too bad in it's own right for a support focused class but the problem becomes where any semblance of a buff or anything that isnt "poke damage" or "I heal" is practically at level 55.

For a class that before that alternates between a mix of small damage against anything not undead and raw healing. I think that could serve as a sort of problem too.

So maybe it could get like a skill or two that helps it buff party members or shield them or something?It's a class thats literally all about HELPING you.

Something like say...

DivineShield
Level:30[?}
Description:You focus upon Divine power to shield your party. All party members including the Cleric within a 8 block radius recieve a Divine Shield buff, reducing the damage they take from all external sources by 25% [Higher?Lower?] for about 15 seconds.
CoolDown:30 seconds [1 minute maybe?}
Cost:220

Skaahr

Legacy Supporter 4
Cleric is in a good spot right now. DoT is not really supposed to be just 'stopped'. A skill like that would totally nullify not just one - but two classes. Dreadknight and Necromancer would be rendered absolutely useless against a Cleric - and while every class has a counter class, Cleric is already good enough as it is. Its heals can be absolutely massive, and it's a great team player. Druid's healing over time outdoes Dreadknight's damage over time.

These negative effects that can be put onto people aren't worth much if they aren't focused. I used to main Dreadknight, and if you do not focus on a single target in a team fight as a Dreadknight, you will get slaughtered, because at that point, you are essentially weakening the enemy very slightly. Dreadknight is not a team player.

With that said, if you're fighting a Dreadknight and his team with your own team, it is incredibly easy to outdo a Dreadknight that doesn't focus with the Cleric's heals, because of the abundance of them, and the AOE heals. It is also possible to outdo a Dreadknight that does focus if you're coordinated enough.

EDIT: Not to mention, a 130 mana cost alone is incredibly low for something that outright stops the basis of two classes, and you didn't add a cooldown. You need to think out your suggestions for things like this.

TL;DR: Cleric is in a good spot. Don't nullify Dreadknight and Necro.