• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Classes

weynard

Legacy Supporter 8
I guess aou people are already working on it and have a pretty good plan of how stuff is going to be but I guess we could as well post our own ideas just to prevent suckiness of that update. I've been looking for a dedicated thread but surprisingly, I didn't find one, just one or two posts speculating. Let's just collect our ideas in here, shall we?

You see, personally, I've been (and still am) a big fan of Runescape and Lineage II. So, for classes, maybe do this:

-Limit swords and armor to wood and leather by default-

Primary:
Warrior - Up to Diamond swords and iron armor
Archer - Up to Iron armor, kinda meh, he only has one weapon, maybe make him a Trapper and give him TNT at some point? :/
Knight - Up to Diamond Armor and iron Sword
Rogue - /sneak command, up to Iron sword

Secondary:
Contractor - Up to Diamond shovels, (gradual) access to Craftbook bridges, gates, etc
Miner - Up to Diamond picks/ Iron shovels, highest gets TNT?
Forester - Up to Diamond Axes/Shovels/Hoes!

Grantable Role:
City Guard - Gets the ability to evict people

Also I liked the City of Islands approach a lot where flint was enabled. Griefers got banned but people had to band together to fight the fires and replant forests, if need be. (We'll have to enable it when we get Bloody Cobble anyway - Or are you going to TP to us to light every single one we want lit?)

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
We already have an indevelopment plugin at the early stages and the professions for them - it will be different from what you have here. I havent played L2 / RS or any of those - it will be by my own design.

Capn_Danger

Legacy Supporter 5
Forestry is already very fast, no one needs to spend a lot of effort gathering wood.

If you want a lumberjack class, consider giving them the ability to get extra blocks of rare wood while chopping trees. I'm pretty sure all the pine trees are already gone, and birch will get chopped down eventually. If lumberjacks were the only source of a rare block then that would make the class worthwhile.