• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Classes, Specs and Money...

Archmage_Lloyd

Soulsand
See i love herocraft, but i have always pondered about this, and reflected on it, and connected it to IRL situations...

Its the cost of switching classes, It costs 250 coins EACH TIME, to switch to specs you want to be, and possibly go back. IMO, I think it could be changed, I asked some people, Lastivity and Azenyumcha, and Lastivity sounded like she had somewhat mixed opinions but leaned to keeping it the same, but recommended me to Suggestion's forums, Azen disagreed with me.

Costing 250 to switch each time to something you possibly already were, is sorta like having a job promotion once, doing the work for that one, but then doing the work again to get the Same promotion. I have 2 jobs so i can somewhat relate... (food basics and a soccer referee :3 decent income.) I was thinking that once you "unlocked a class" or Payed 250 to Spec it, It should no longer cost 250c but 150c in other words, making it cheaper to get back a class you already were, and where it saved at. that way you could purchase all classes. (costing:5000c ,then switch for 150 between them; ineffective strategy, but the same.) I dont like having to pay 250 Each time. And its also not your, neither my problem if someone runs out of money switching back and forth, because its their fault. making it cheaper will make it the server more interesting, because people will switch to what they need at the time, for less so raids might be easier for both sides.

I also thought about adding a Cool down to when you can switch "if" its going to cost so little. maybe an hour cooldown, so we don't get people switching every 5 seconds selling tracks then pick pocketing.
IMO i think this is NOT the best way to put it, but it is an alternative, to all people wether elite or newb/noob who would like to be smart/dumb about classes and worry less about the money. besides you have the lottery, TD and Ma's, whats lowering this price gonna do to economy? not that much. might improve actually.

Kwong050

Holy Shit!
Maybe we could use a cooldown and a warmup. The warmup will stop one from switching in the mid of battle.

kevinlive

Legacy Supporter 2
This has been brought up far too many times, Kainzo does not want it to be free. And it was 500c on the last map, so no need to complain ;)

ebilaxe

Legacy Supporter 6
Isn't it actually 250 to get a new spec, but cost 500 to go back to specs you've already been?

Archmage_Lloyd

Soulsand
yeah, and i never said "free" in there at all, just make it cheaper to switch back and for specs you've already been.

TheTMTrainer

Soulsand
yeah, and i never said "free" in there at all, just make it cheaper to switch back and for specs you've already been.

So if you choose Cleric, purchased warrior, then switched back to cleric, it would be free or very cheap? No thanks. I could easly bind the charecter switch class commands and go through all the classes, spamming their skills.

We had this problem on my own, personal server.

ebilaxe

Legacy Supporter 6

So if you choose Cleric, purchased warrior, then switched back to cleric, it would be free? No thanks. I could easly bind the charecter switch class commands and go through all the classes, spamming their skills.

He just said " i never said "free" in there at all, just make it cheaper "...

TheTMTrainer

Soulsand

So if you choose Cleric, purchased warrior, then switched back to cleric, it would be free? No thanks. I could easly bind the charecter switch class commands and go through all the classes, spamming their skills.

He just said "i never said "free" in there at all, just make it cheaper "...

And I edited " it would be free or very cheap? "

Archmage_Lloyd

Soulsand
you continue to misunderstand @TheTMTrainer your example was correct, To a point.
Say you purchase warrior when you a cleric, you go to warrior costing 250, you o back to cleric costing 150-200 master that then switch to warrior for 150-200. it still costs you an adequate amount of money, and anyways there (would be) a cool down to how often you can switch, and maybe a warmup too

Plasma78

Legacy Supporter 7
the reason is you should be thinking bout your class/spec choices. not making it cheaper. do /money top and looka t how much the top players have. class cost of 250 is dirt cheap and i do not like it. I think it need to be 750 or 1000 to switch and you cannot change for 3 -7 days realtime. makes choosing your class and to work with what your town/friends/ etc much more important.

member the knight in Indiana Jones... They had to choose the right cup....... same for HeroCraft...

gallery_8334_131_46674.gif

You Choose Poorly.........

Archmage_Lloyd

Soulsand
yeah money top... now check how much players have about 1000-2000c. hey guess what? its imbalanced then. they can switch 4 times then they have to mine 8 hours a day to get gold to obtain 500c that they spent on specing and choosing 2 specs/ switching back and forth. And besides, the point is to master all classes, you cant do that any faster when its cheaper, can you now? and im not saying master as fast as you can, because me? i enjoy getting spcs to 30 then buying a new one, Diversity is what i call it. im playing the game how its meant to be played, enjoying it for not mastering, but for having fun with that spec. and i want people to feel the same, to be able to spec to different classes, without all that money issues, i want them to experience all classes.

kevinlive

Legacy Supporter 2
yeah money top... now check how much players have about 1000-2000c. hey guess what? its imbalanced then. they can switch 4 times then they have to mine 8 hours a day to get gold to obtain 500c that they spent on specing and choosing 2 specs/ switching back and forth. And besides, the point is to master all classes, you cant do that any faster when its cheaper, can you now? and im not saying master as fast as you can, because me? i enjoy getting spcs to 30 then buying a new one, Diversity is what i call it. im playing the game how its meant to be played, enjoying it for not mastering, but for having fun with that spec. and i want people to feel the same, to be able to spec to different classes, without all that money issues, i want them to experience all classes.
Then again, before the MA you'd spend 1-2 months to master a class. In Zeal I spent 4 months, 4 months to master caster -> wizard. You're not supposed to be switching often, thus the price is high.
Now with the MAs.. Meh, I don't even know. You'll spend 20ish hours to master a class.