• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Class Trainers!

arcanegrove

Obsidian
In an earlier post, I ( This was already suggested but I will try to incorporate it into Quests) suggested adding Class Trainers along with quests. Because of the strong RP view of HC, class trainers would make sense. If you think about it, you don't learn to shoot arrows at a live enemy, you learn on a stationary target, by taking advise of a master marksman, THEN fighting a spider or zombie as a test.

Class trainers, would give out quests to those who follow in there foot steps( Same class). Class trainers would prevent people from mindless Mob grinding until they master. They would have to stop grinding, complete the quest for their class, then start running around looking for mobs again to lvl some more ( Unless quests would be in, then I would never have to MA again)

Also, I suggest that class trainers be placed randomly around the map, the only trainers that would stay in Bastion would be path trainers. THIS would cause people to actually run around the massive map, many vet just stay in their super ultra safe house, which keeps the wilderness so very open. I have a lot of fun when you randomly see some body in the distance and run to see who it is only to get killed.

Thanks for reading, your thoughts?

Aanokint

Obsidian
In an earlier post, I ( This was already suggested but I will try to incorporate it into Quests) suggested adding Class Trainers along with quests. Because of the strong RP view of HC, class trainers would make sense. If you think about it, you don't learn to shoot arrows at a live enemy, you learn on a stationary target, by taking advise of a master marksman, THEN fighting a spider or zombie as a test.

Class trainers, would give out quests to those who follow in there foot steps( Same class). Class trainers would prevent people from mindless MAing until they master. They would have to leave the MA, complete the quest for their class, then run back to the MA to lvl some more ( Unless quests would be in, then I would never have to MA again)

Also, I suggest that class trainers be placed randomly around the map, the only trainers that would stay in DG would be path trainers. THIS would cause people to actually run around the massive map, many vet just stay in their super ultra safe house, which keeps the wilderness so very open. I have a lot of fun when you randomly see some body in the distance and run to see who it is only to get killed.

Thanks for reading, your thoughts?
I love this! And I STRONGLY support the running around thing. I also suggest that the trainers wander or port around occasionally. That way people don't camp or just go straight to the trainer. They search, they wander, they explore. As a slight balance to that maybe we should have two or three of each trainer. Because I will admit it is a big map and we don't want to discourage people from leveling. If we had multiple trainers also brings up a possible variation of the game where Bloodmages that train after this master are just slightly different than these bloodmages who trained under the other master.

I'm also commonly the guy sprinting around just to see what I can see.