• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Class Revamp - Healer Rebalance thoughts

Eldrylars

Legacy Supporter 8
Goodluck! Have fun! Read it all before commenting! :p Lol... 4439 Words.....

To begin let me start by saying this is how I see the balance between the healers from their roles/skills/current and envisioned. Please don't take by balancing suggestions as if I believe them to be the word of God. I am a mere mortal just as you all are and am posting this for discussion.
So let's discuss em.

So I will start here with a discussion on healers as it's what I have the most experience with.
I was a Disciple all of Dragon and a Cleric all of Bastion. I have known and fought with a good handful of Mystics and Bloodmages.

I know in the grand scheme of things all classes need to be balanced in between each other, but we all know that's an exhaustive task to try to lay out and honestly I have to pick some starting place.

I will make a go at this from the starting point of the roles of the healer classes and make a comparison between them currently and then go into balancing with my reasoning from there.

HEALER ROLES
  • · Cleric (Large Heals / High Def)
  • · Mystic (Support / Over time Heals)
  • · Bloodmage (Ranged Dots / Support)
  • · Disciple (Med Damage / Support)

All comparisons of stats and functions are to be considered level 65. I am not trying to make a statement balancing the classes at lower levels at this time, although I will make list my suggested levels that spells/skills are gained and why on a later post as needed.

Class stats at a glance:
· Cleric
  • · Health 950
  • · Mana 230
  • · Mana Regen 6
  • · Full Armor 52%
  • · Melee Damage 42
· Mystic
  • · Health 915
  • · Mana 197 + 132
  • · Mana Regen 6
  • · Full Armor 32%
  • · Melee Damage 34
· Bloodmage
  • · Health 962.5
  • · Mana 184
  • · Mana Regen 6
  • · Full Armor 28%
  • · Melee Damage 34
· Disciple
  • · Health 877
  • · Mana 197 + 197
  • · Mana Regen 6
  • · Full Armor 28%
  • · Melee Damage 64
Lets address how the classes are succeeding in their roles
· Cleric (Large Heals / High Def)
  • · Highest defense of the healers and second highest health of the healers. Against most enemies 1 on 1 can out heal their incoming damage without a panic instantly settings in. The highest damage melee classes such as Samurai and Ninja do still tend to kill Clerics very fast in combat but against most other classes the Cleric can last a long while.
· Mystic (Support / Over time Heals)
  • · Support spells such as group HoT, Port,revive and Invigorate are helpful in their support role. The possible future addition of Might would increase their support value tremendously.
  • · The only two HoT spells in the game are awarded to to Mystic both a single target and the group variant.
· Bloodmage (Ranged Dots / Support)
  1. · Bloodmages currently have two DoTs.
· Disciple (Med Damage / Support)
  • · For support Disciples has Balance and Chakra but they also have a lot of crowd control. Being able to pull enemies into the group or push them away are wonderful support skills

Now lets address how the classes are failing in their roles
· Cleric (Large Heals / High Def)
  • · Currently the Clerics only heal that is not shared by the Mystic or Disciple in one shape or another is Full Heal. Although Full Heal has some good potential for use, it's long warm up makes it impractical and very risky to try to use in combat.
· Mystic (Support / Over time Heals)
  • · Mystic is currently fulfilling it's role.
· Bloodmage (Ranged Dots / Support)
  • · Bloodmages currently have two DoTs. If the classes main role is to be a heavy DoT class at this time it's failing to fill this role with the class only having two DoTs to use. On top of that each of these DoTs are only able to be used once every 15/20 seconds which limits their usefulness in anything other then 1 on 1 combat.
  • · The Bloodmages group support is limited, BloodBond, Constrict and Awaken are all "support" ish spells but are rather limited in their uses or held by several others classes.
· Disciple (Med Damage / Support)
  • · The current setup for Disciple gives them an initial burst of a minimum of 300 damage in the first couple seconds of combat. A Forcepull with a couple Blazerod hits followed up with a Flyingkick and ForcePush can send a target flying into the air for a lot of damage. I would rate them as High on the damage scale.

Examining the lists above we see that:

· Cleric has a little higher armor then it's 'brothers in heals' but fails to fulfill it's main role as a "Large Healer"
· Mystic seems to be well placed with it's current skills to fulfill it's desired role, or method of play.
· Bloodmage is severally lacking in both it's DoT's and support roles.
· Disciple seems to excel in it's support role as a crowd control but may fall out of it's medium damage role by having a high amount of damage coming from it's crowd control and melee attacks.

A more precisely defining role call for healers from what I am reading as the true intention.

· Cleric (Primary: A heavy healing class. This class has the most effective direct healing in the game. Secondary: Clerics wear medium armor which helps them to take damage when combating melee opponents.)
· Mystic (Primary: Mystics are a support class that provides movement support and buffs to his group. Secondary: Mystics are healers that excel at healing over time spells.)
· Bloodmage (Bloodmages use DoTs to disrupt their enemies and to heal themselves and their group. Secondary: Bloodmages disrupt the enemy with their silence and slows while the using their heals to support their group.)
· Disciple (Primary: Although the Disciple does not wear heavy armor his attacks and spells are very strong on the offensive push. Secondary: The Disciple is equipped with excellent healing and tremendous crowd control.)

A Couple things to consider about some of the features healers have that should be considered -

Cleric:
  • · Armor: The Cleric is equipped with the highest defense of the healer classes but with a 20% boost over Mystic and a 24% boost over Disciple and Bloodmage the armor boost is not that large of a difference. For instance at 24% over Disciple the Cleric gains 228(950*.24) additional HPs from incoming melee damage. Most skill/spell damage is currently un-effected by armor and this bonus is then non effective. While still a bonus, looking at the total maximum amount of damage stopped we see it's really only two swings of a Master Samurai of Ninja's attack.
  • · Full Heal: The skill is meant to be used on a low life target to bring him back to full health for a large mana cost. The problem is the spell takes so long to cast that the target is usually dead or out of range running by the time it is cast. Additionally while casting full heal you are unable to heal any of your other group members for that long period.
  • · Anathema: At this time is useless and does not seem to fit the Clerics role of being a hard to kill heavy healer. Considering that the Cleric is to have a secondary direct damage skill the cast time coupled with the short distance makes this spell unusable. A ranged class can easily walk out of your spell range while casting at you before the spell is cast. A melee opponent will be able to hit you at least 8 times before the spell is cast and should be able to silence/interrupt you before it finishes casting without issue.
Mystic:
  • None ATM
Bloodmage:
  • · BloodBond: will return up to 30% of the damage the Bloodmage deals with it's spells. The Bloodmage using all three of it's damage spells will deal 500 Damage after 25 seconds which will heal nearby group members for 150 health over 25 seconds. This is just not practical due to the huge timeline and the minimal healing provided.
  • · Silence: Although this could be used to good effect in a 1 on 1 or a 2 on 2 setting in a group support setting it would be very hard to use against against the enemy until they are on top of you and since the most heavy casters/healers will most likely be sitting a little bit back from the combat you will have to heavily expose yourself to make good use of this skill. It's 15 second cooldown mixed with it's 50 damage to the casters also takes a lot of it's gusto away as it severally limits it's use.
  • · Constrict: Although this could be used to good effect in a 1 on 1 or a 2 on 2 setting in a group support setting it's support could help bring a opposing melee player down for a short while it's short duration would make it hard to use in an extended fight. It's 20 second cooldown mixed with it's 70 damage to the casters also takes a lot of it's gusto away as it severally limits it's use.
  • · BoilBlood: You deal 225 over 15 seconds while taking 125 damage instantly. That means you are only really doing 100 damage over 15 seconds. In 1 second most classes have skills that deal that much damage leaving them 14 more seconds to wait to receive their incoming damage. Once again the benefit of this spell is very limited in the end.
  • · StealEssence: Although it's possible to come out ahead with this skill, the 100 damage you take casting it makes it a very risky endeavor. If the player have a minimal buff on them you will relieve them of it an take it for yourself but the 100 damage receive in the trade most times leaving the Bloodmage as the loser.
Disciple:
  • None ATM
Lets talk healing for a moment,

Currently every healing class have the same skills renamed(Bandage, Pray, Chant) except for Bloodmage which is missing Pray. Most of the skills are the same as far as costs, cooldown, warmup and amount healed. One of the things that really give the boost in healing to the Mystic and Disciple that makes the Bloodmage and Cleric fall short is the Mana pool. With Mystics and Disciples able to completely regen their mana at least once in the middle of combat they are able to cast a lot more healing then the Bloodmage and the Cleric. Currently the targeted healing is pretty bland.

The group heals I discuss in another thread on the public forums but they should be considered as well.
  • · GroupHeal: Cost: 25M Range: 8 Warm up: 1s Healing: 210 Recast: 15s
  • · HealingBloom: Cost: 25M Range: 150 Warm up: 0s Healing: 180 Recast: 10s
  • · Chakra Cost: 15M+5S Range: 10 Warm up: 0s Healing: 110 Recast: 8s
  • · BloodBond: 21M+190H Range: 18 Warm up: 3s Healing: 150 over 25s. Recast 25s

With the above consideration and the desire to make all the classes playable and following their roles I request you to consider the following changes to the healer class skills for balancing the healers and separating them out while giving them their own way of play.

Cleric:
  • · Increase the potency of Pray to 300hp healed. Increase warm up by .5 seconds
  • · Increase the potency of Chant to 400hp healed. Increase warm up by .5 seconds
  • · Reduce the casting time of Fullheal to 3 seconds
  • · Increase the Duration to GuardianAngel back to 4.5 seconds and maintain the 100 hp self damage.
  • · Increase Groupheal to 260hp healed. Increase range to 10 blocks
  • · Remove Anathema
  • · Suggestion: Add in replace of Anathema two new skills that sacrifice the Clerics health for a single target or the group. Example:· GroupSacrifice: Cost: 10M+200H Range: 10 Warm up: 0s Healing: 150 Recast: 15s ----Sacrifice: Cost: 10M+250H Range: 10 Warm up: 0s Healing: 240 Recast: 10s
  • Reduce the melee damage for Clerics main weapon to 40. Give Cleric's both Hoes and Swords as main weapons. Set the damage to the same for both weapons maxing at 40.
Mystic:
  • · Decrease casting time of Pray by .5 seconds. Decrease potency of Pray to 200hp healed
  • · Decrease casting time of chant by .5 seconds. Decrease potency of Chant to 300hp healed
  • · Reduce Replanish to a total of 100 mana recovered and increase the cooldown to 5 minutes.
  • · Reduce the mana cost of Bolt to 24.
  • · Give Might to Mystics. Reduce group Might to 20% Melee damage add.
  • Bloodmage:
  • · Change Bloodbond to 60% of spell damage dealt shared with the group.
  • · Drop the health cost of BoilBlood to 50. Decrease the recast to 15 seconds.
  • · Reduce the health cost of Steal Essence to 25.
  • · Decrease the cooldown on Silence to 10 seconds.
  • · Decrease the cooldown on Constrict to 14 seconds
  • · Remove Chant and add another DoT Drain spell to give the Bloodmage a 3rd DoT. Make the DoT do little damage but high healing to replace Chant.
  • · Example: DoT: Cost: 10M+25H Range: 10 Warm up: 1.5s DoT 10/s 15s heals 300% of damage given(300health) Recast: 15s - This would hurt an enemy for 50 damage and heal a total of 275 health to the caster over 15 seconds.
  • · Suggestion: Single target Might Cost: 10M+75H Range: 10 Warm up: 0s Duration 10 minutes Adds 30% melee damage Recast: 120s
  • Suggestion: Change the Silence and Constrict spells to a splash potion like Ampul that effects all player in the radius with the effects.
Disciple:

• Decrease the Damage from ForcePull to 35
  • Decrease the Damage from ForcePush to 35
  • Increase the Damage from IronFist to 35
  • Decrease the Damage from Smite to 100
  • Reduce the Mana regained from Meditation to 100. Increase the cooldown timer for Meditation to 5 minutes.
  • Increase the chance of success for rebirth to fire to 100%
  • Increase the Mana cost of the Disciples heals to 40% more then Cleric as I believe they are currently.
As for stats I will suggest the following the to balance the healers between each other.

· Cleric
  • · Health 950
  • · Mana 230
  • · Mana Regen 8 --- +2
  • · Full Armor 52%
  • · Melee Damage 40 ---- -2
· Mystic
  • · Health 915
  • · Mana 197 + 100
  • · Mana Regen 5 ---- -1
  • · Full Armor 32%
  • · Melee Damage 34
· Bloodmage
  • · Health 1000 ---- +40
  • · Mana 184
  • · Mana Regen 6
  • · Full Armor 28%
  • · Melee Damage 34
· Disciple
  • · Health 877
  • · Mana 197 + 100
  • · Mana Regen 5 ---- -1
  • · Full Armor 28%
  • · Melee Damage 64

Reasoning behind the suggested balance changes

Cleric:
· Increase the potency of Pray to 300hp healed. Increase warm up by .5 seconds
  • Clerics role of having the largest heals by adding a little to direct spells
· Increase the potency of Chant to 400hp healed Increase warm up by .5 seconds
  • Clerics role of having the largest heals by adding a little to direct spells
· Reduce the casting time of Fullheal to 3 seconds. Rename as with other other spells. DivineLight?
  • The control of use for Full heal is that it takes 25% of the Cleric mana. Full heal needs to have the warmup reduced to make it usable.
· Increase the Duration to GuardianAngel back to 4.5 seconds and maintain the 100 hp self damage.
  • Guardian Angels balancing agents are the self damage and the high mana cost. With both of those in play it should be balanced enough to increase it's duration back to 4.5s
· Increase Groupheal to 260hp healed. Increase range to 10 blocks. Rename as with other healing skills. DivineBlessing?
· Remove Anathema
· Suggestion: Add in replace of Anathema two new skills that sacrifice the Clerics health for a single target or the group. Example:
· GroupSacrifice: Cost: 10M+200H Range: 10 Warm up: 0s Healing: 150 Recast: 15s
· Sacrifice: Cost: 10M+250H Range: 10 Warm up: 0s Healing: 240 Recast: 10s
  • Reduce the melee damage for Clerics main weapon to 40. Give Cleric's both Hoes and Swords as main weapons. Set the damage to the same amout max 40.
    • I believe that giving Clerics more passive armor to boost their defense to a High Defense is not going to be easy to find a balance and makes for lazy players. By giving Clerics swords as one of their main weapon types it will allow a Cleric to forgo attacking and use a sword to actively block. This would give a Cleric the ability to boost his defense by removing his offense. Giving the player more options to play the class as a low/no damage healer. This is already possible if the Cleric specs to Smith but I believe this will set the Cleric apart on the High Defense role without giving the players a lazy option to just put on better armor. I suggest having two main weapons to balance the difficulty that leveling Clerics will have killing mobs. Swords will break way to often with the tiny damage a Cleric will be doing while trying to level.
Mystic:
· Decrease casting time of Pray by .5 seconds. Decrease potency of Pray to 200hp healed
  • With the Mystics focus on healing over time it would seperate Mystics healing into a new category if we were to reduce the strength of their direct heals while reducing their warm up. This would also make it look like cleric had much higher heals even they would only be increased by 50.
· Decrease casting time of chant by .5 seconds. Decrease potency of Pray to 300hp healed
  • With the Mystics focus on healing over time it would separate Mystics healing into a new category if we were to reduce the strength of their direct heals while reducing their warm up. This would also make it look like cleric had much higher heals even they would only be increased by 50.
· Reduce Replenish to a total of 100 mana recovered and increase the cooldown to 5 minutes.
  • Having near double mana every 3 minutes in my opinion is way to much. The Mystic should have to think about what he is casting and plan on how to manage his mana instead of just having to kite for 60 seconds while waiting for Replenish to come off cooldown.
· Reduce the mana cost of Bolt to 24.
  • Bolt is already 50 damage less and on a much longer cooldown then Wizards. If we reduce the mana pool of the Mystic by reducing Replanish I feel the balance point for Bolt would be back down to 24 mana.
· Give Might to Mystics. Reduce group Might to 20% Melee damage add.
  • A reduced version of Might would really give the Mystic a cemented support role in the group.
Bloodmage:
· Change Bloodbond to 60% of spell damage dealt shared with the group.
  • At best the current Blondbond can heal the Bloodmage"s group for 150ish health over 25 seconds. It's obvious that is not enough to make a functional difference. Increasing Bloodbond to 60% would at least increase the healing to 300 over 25s which while it's still on the weaker side should bring the skill into a more balanced place with the other group heals.
· Drop the health cost of BoilBlood to 50. Decrease the recast to 15 seconds.
  • The pinacle spell for Bloodmages currently hits the caster for more then halth the damage that his target eventually takes. It actually takes 15 seconds AFTER the spell is cast for the Bloodmages target to take more damage then the Bloodmagee themselves.
· Reduce the health cost of Steal Essence to 25.
  • I have seen very rare instances where this spell is effective. With the cost of 100 health it is just not worth casting. In rare cases you can strip a buff from a couple of classes but most buffs at this time are short duration and in the case of Bard buffs they are being twisted all the time anyhow.
· Decrease the cooldown on Silence to 10 seconds.
  • The actual duration of Silence is currently 3 seconds and although it's a medium range cast it's long cooldown timer limits the spell to drastically. Balance it with it's cost instead of limiting it's use by cooldown.
· Decrease the cooldown on Constrict to 14 seconds
  • Although Constrict is a medium range cast it's long cooldown timer limits the spell to drastically. Balance it with it's cost instead of limiting it's use by cooldown.
· Remove Chant and add another DoT Drain spell to give the Bloodmage a 3rd DoT. Make the DoT do little damage but high healing to replace Chant.
· Example: DoT: Cost: 10M+25H Range: 10 Warm up: 1.5s DoT 10/s 15s heals 300% of damage given(300health) Recast: 15s - This would hurt an enemy for 50 damage and heal a total of 275 health to the caster over 15 seconds.
· Suggestion: Single target Might Cost: 10M+75H Range: 10 Warm up: 0s Duration 10 minutes Adds 30% melee damage Recast: 120s
  • The main Role of a Bloodmage is DoT's but it only has two of them. I would highly suggesting working all the Bloodmage damage abilities into DoT's. Changing the Bloodmages Chant into a HighHealing low damage DoT would give the players more variance from the other healers and give a boost to BloodBond. Hell even making their melee attack's damage apply a DoT instead of direct damage would set them apart from all other classes.:eek:
  • Suggestion: Change the Silence and Constrict spells to a splash potion like Ampul that effects all player in the radius with the effects.
    • This would give more usability to the skills and also more care in using them as you will easily effect your own party members. Between effecting friendly's as easily as enemies and perhaps a larger mana/health cost the skills should be easy to balance out and give the Bloodmage some real support abilities.
Disciple:
  • Decrease the Damage from ForcePull to 35
    • I have seen a lot of suggestions to balance Disciple by increasing cooldown or adding a warm up. With Forcepull/push time is everything for the spells and adding a warmup will severally limit the usability and the timing. The pulls and pushes are the main support function of a Disciple as it's Secondary Role and should not be restricted artificially. Allow the players mana/stamina to be the restriction and reduce the damage of the skill so it's used more as a support function and less as of direct damage spell.
  • Decrease the Damage from ForcePush to 35
    • .... See above
  • Increase the Damage from IronFist to 35
    • This being a high cost spell should have some damage added back into it which will give a little more incentive to use it in combat.
  • Decrease the Damage from Smite to 100
    • I understand this was done to promote the fact that a Disciple is a damage dealing healer but with all the spells a Disciple has to do damage it's small reductions like this that should bring it's damage and control aspects to a balance.
  • Reduce the Mana regained from Meditation to 100. Increase the cooldown timer for Meditation to 5 minutes.
    • Disciples burn through stamina like there is no tomorrow with their skills but their mana rarely ever drops low using their support abilities. Their mana pool is a more integral part of the Disciples healing abilities. As we want Disciple to be able to perform as a healer it's not one of the Classes main roles and should be limited in comparison to Cleric and Mystic. By reducing the Mana regained it should help balance the Healing vs Damage/Support a Disciple has by making them think about the spells their are choosing more.
  • Increase the chance of success for rebirth to fire to 100%
    • This skill has a once a fight use pattern with a 15 minute cooldown and awards the level 65 Disciple with an additional 220hps to try to recover with. I see the balance in the long cooldown and not in a random chance.
  • Increase the Mana cost of the Disciples heals to 40% more then Cleric as I believe they are currently.
    • I believe this is already the case(Not sure about Chant) but as Disciples primary functions are Damage and support to separate it from the Cleric/Mystic Healing focus having a more limited supply of heals based on mana should cement it's medium healing against Mystic and Clerics heavy healing.
Final Results:

Cleric: Clerics will have their damage dealing capabilities reduced to a minimum level but will gain heals that are slightly more power then the other healers and a boost to their armor by choosing to forgo damaging their opponents. Clerics base mana pool will come more in line with the other healers by the slightly faster natural mana regeneration.

Mystic: Mystics will have faster and weaker heals that it will be able to push out with it's HoTs. It's support skill set should be comparable to Bard, Wizard and Beguiler.

Bloodmage: Bloodmage will gain the missing DoTs to complete its Primary Rolehopefully giving it a total of 4 DoTs and it's group heal should actually help in a group combat scenario. It's disruptive skills will give it a little more of an edge on the support side but should be balanced by the damage it can inflict while fighting.

Disciple: By decreasing the direct damage the Disciple is dealing but keeping the ability to use the skills often we should be able to reign in the Disciples high damage and maintain the great support. By having a higher mana cost to the Disciples direct healing spells and a smaller mana pool to work with from the change in meditate and the natural mana regeneration will make Disciples have to plan their mana use and actually spend some time balancing it.

Final Rolecalls for the healers:

· Cleric (Primary: A heavy healing class. This class has the most effective direct healing in the game. while somewhat slower to cast the Clerics heals are the strongest there are!. Secondary: Clerics wear medium armor which helps them to take damage when combating melee opponents and can wield a sword giving them the choice to block their enemies attacks to raise their armor or to go on the offensive and lose the additional armor.)

· Mystic (Primary: Mystics are a support class that provides movement support and buffs to his group. Secondary: Mystics are healers that excel at healing over time spells as well as weaker faster heals.)

· Bloodmage (Bloodmages use DoTs to disrupt their enemies and to heal themselves and their group. Secondary: Bloodmages disrupt the enemy with their silence and slow while the using their heals to support their group.)

· Disciple (Primary: Although the Disciple does not wear heavy armor his attacks and spells are very strong on the offensive push. Secondary: The Disciple is equipped with excellent healing and tremendous crowd control.)

Eldrylars

Legacy Supporter 8
I have not checked the cost of casting it but as Bloodmages secondary role is support anything that can give it more support options is worthwhile in my opinion.

This post revolves mostly around balancing the healing aspect of the game and balancing the different healer classes so they are each good to use in their own way.

I think my next best set of knowledge revolves around the non-healing support classes. I will most likely focus on that next. Trying to balance the different utility functions that exists in the game and making suggestions to help build roles that the classes an designed for.
  • Paladin ( Tank / Utility / Light Heals)
  • Ranger (Range Damage / Med Def / Support)
  • Bard (Support / Mobility / Med Damage)
  • Runeblade (Utility/ High Damage) Runeblade seems to have moved out of the Utility as a main role.
  • Mystic (Support / Over time Heals)
  • Bloodmage (Ranged Dots / Support)
  • Disciple (Med Damage / Support)
  • Wizard (Utility / High Dmg / Low Def)
  • Beguiler (Support / Low Def / Med Damage)
But that's a story for a different day. The above essay took over 5 hours to write out and I am spent for now lol..

I do want to add in a suggested change to balance when skills are received but most likely not until tomorrow.

Eldrylars

Legacy Supporter 8
k... I want to get to this, but I dont have time to sit and read it.... will give my two cents when it comes up.

Sure, whenever.
The information is there for discussion or to be used where applicable and I am in no rush. I will just add additional thoughts and information as it becomes available and clear and update as needed.

Edit: I appreciate the fact that you are waiting until you have the time to read what was written as just scanning through and jumping to the end won't give a full picture. Even if it's the wrong direction it would need to all be read to properly discuss it. So thanks! :D

Licksterboy

Legacy Supporter 3
I'm in the same boat as Kainzo, I have some things to say and suggest but I just don't have time at the moment.

Delfofthebla

Legacy Supporter 4
Retired Staff
You're killing me Eldry, you're killing me. I'm dying.

Will post a real response when I feel like typing up an essay of proportionate size.

In the meantime, I'll say this. For the next update, we are looking to lengthen combat duration. In order to this, large health increases across the board are likely to be necessary. Because of this, I worry that pretty much -all- of your numbers will need to be tweaked in order to accommodate the change, and I don't think that both of these things are doable before next Friday.

Eldrylars

Legacy Supporter 8
That is ok.
Number will always need to be changed, there is just no way around that ;)
What I am trying to highlight is more so a shift in thought regarding balance if you will, a second thought process to consider. The other aspect of balance which is balancing the roles the characters against the classes that have shared roles.
It's more abstract but in my humble opinion its just as important to balance the different roles as it is the numbers behind those roles :eek:

For instance, We have DPS, Healers, Tanks, CC, Buffers and more. The numbers behind their skills are important to balance so that one skill is not god and all skills are usable. But the other side of balancing is making sure that if there are three classes that have the primary role of a Tank(HighHP, HiArmor, HardtoKill) and even though they all have balanced skills only one really completely fulfills it's role then the classes are still "not balance."

It realize that this is a numbers update with some extra revision but it would be good to have additional discussions on how the balance the different roles the classes have so the play options are good no matter what way a player wants to play? Ex with healers above: All have functional skills and their own way of playing the roles they are supposed to fill giving verity and purpose for the players.[DOUBLEPOST=1369949244,1368814838][/DOUBLEPOST]:D