• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion [Class] Puppetmaster!

LightTheAbsol

Legacy Supporter 3
*cracks knuckles*

I had an idea!

THE [PUPPETMASTER]! <--- mastery title btw

So you're probably thinking - Light, what the fuck? And my response to that is... hear me out.

The puppetmaster is a strange being, rarely seen. The art of making combat puppets has just come around, discovered while one was visiting distant lands. Through magic, one may inhabit the body of a leather, iron, or diamond constructs, and place ones mind within it. This however leaves the body of the puppetmaster limp and lifeless for the time being, making the puppetmaster vulnerable while they practice their craft. They are very weak in close combat.

The idea of the class is, at higher levels, be able to create and manipulate hosts while giving you different powers. This could probably be done with Mythicmobs, though I'm not sure how to change the POV of the player to that of the puppet. Perhaps an invisible mythicmob with armor, that you can gamemode 3? I have no idea tbh. If your puppet is killed, you're sent back to your own body. You lose 33% of your HP from the shock of being pulled back.

Weapon - Sword, doing damage a little above paladin.

Skills

1 [Tumble] - Passive - Copy from another class.

1 [Puppetmastery] - Passive - You're able to place and use puppets within a range of 25 (+.1 per level) blocks. If you may not go outside of this range while you're controlling a puppet, it will act as an invisible wall and teleport you back.

1 Bash] - Active - Copy from another class.

5 [LeatherPuppet] - Active - You're able to craft weak but nimble (perma speed I on the puppet) Leather Puppets to control, they wield stone weapons, and may use lesser combat skills while you inhabit one. (Bash, Envenom, Strike, may use bows.) ~Custom crafting, leather chestplate with the custom item leather raw hide scraps in the middle top slot. When right clicked, places the puppet mob in the location of choice. 5s warm-up to assemble and takes all stamina. Drops the raw hide when killed.~ 600 HP

15 [Jump] - Active - Copy from dragoon, to used as an escape method, puppetmaster has no real power in a 1v1 or any other situation they cannot control themselves.

25 [Repair] - Active - Use on a puppet you are not currently inhabiting to repair it by 40% HP ~Cool down of 35s, 3s warm-up, costs 5 bars of stamina and cannot be used in combat.~

30 [IronPuppet] - Active- You're able to craft a sturdy iron puppet to control. While inside of it, you're able to use stronger combat skills while inside of it, however, it is slower then a leather puppet. (Strike, Tremor, ShockingStrike, Earthernfury, Shields via doors.) ~Custom crafting, iron leggings shape with iron ingots, then a moonstone ingot in the very middle. Drops the moonstone ingot on death.~ 630 HP

40 [Sneak] - Active - To hide your body while you use your puppet.

50 [DiamondPuppet] - Active - You're able to craft Diamond puppets to control. They are slow, (-10% speed) but powerful.
(Strike, Earthernfury, REKToning, darkscythe, toss) ~Custom Crafting, same jist as iron puppet, swapping iron for diamonds and replacing the moonstone ingot with the diamond custom crafting item.~ 750 HP

60 [ActiveRepairs] - Passive - Regen on whatever puppet you're maintaining at the time. Takes 50 mana every 4 seconds to maintain, giving 20 HP back to the puppet every time this ticks.

T2 could get fade?

Feel free to suggest things as usual.

Last edited:

_DELETED_10000

Legacy Supporter 3
So, the general idea is that as a Puppetmaster, you are controlling an infinite amount of dummies that have no ill effect on your player should they be harmed...but sneak up behind the player body while he's inhabiting a puppet and the Puppermaster is dead?

You'd need to craft as many puppets as possible at home before venturing out to battle, and if you were to run out you'd just be fodder, if I'm reading it right. Relying on Jump to run until you can hide long enough to plop down a table or /workbench and make new ones...

It sounds interesting, however it sounds like there's a lot of downsides to such a material intensive class.

Like, should you see a Puppetmaster in the wild, camp that loot-filled-block-pinata and have all Puppetmasters on constant bounty because of the materials they require for their puppets.

I imagined a puppet sneaking up on a guy treasure hunting, while a puppet sneaks up on that Puppermaster, while a puppet sneaks up on that puppet's Puppetmaster, and then like some random noob just walking up behind them one by one, assuming they're afk, and killing the line of Puppetmasters.

>.>

Sorry. lol

Anyway, hope you expand some more on it, sounds cool.

<<<<This is all just for discussion's sake, not jacking yer suggestion. <3 >>>>

If I may throw in my two cents, I've always found a Puppetmaster class to be a singular pet class. Unlike a Beastmaster or Hunter, who can usually just tame whatever they want and tame more when they die, or a Warlock, Demonhunter, etc who summon things from the void and have to command whatever the dark powers feel like sending their way, having no attachment as their overlord.

Puppetmasters craft their puppets with love and care, sharing their very soul with the puppet in order to give it life. It's a mutual existence, not a dominating, controlling one where you just throw them out there to die. Perhaps, as part of the puppet's soul, it requires reagents in order to function, and those different reagents would change your puppet's form. Since Moonstone is your choice, I'd call that the 'soul', and the basis of the different types of puppet.

For example, have a 'Leather-Bound Moonstone', an 'Iron-Coated Moonstone' and a 'Diamond-Encrusted Moonstone' or whatever. Using the pet/horse equipment type interface, the 'soul' could be placed as the armor, and your puppet's skin/stats/skills would change to reflect the new soul.

I dunno, just spitballin' here.

LightTheAbsol

Legacy Supporter 3
So, the general idea is that as a Puppetmaster, you are controlling an infinite amount of dummies that have no ill effect on your player should they be harmed...but sneak up behind the player body while he's inhabiting a puppet and the Puppermaster is dead?

You'd need to craft as many puppets as possible at home before venturing out to battle, and if you were to run out you'd just be fodder, if I'm reading it right. Relying on Jump to run until you can hide long enough to plop down a table or /workbench and make new ones...

It sounds interesting, however it sounds like there's a lot of downsides to such a material intensive class.

Like, should you see a Puppetmaster in the wild, camp that loot-filled-block-pinata and have all Puppetmasters on constant bounty because of the materials they require for their puppets.

I imagined a puppet sneaking up on a guy treasure hunting, while a puppet sneaks up on that Puppermaster, while a puppet sneaks up on that puppet's Puppetmaster, and then like some random noob just walking up behind them one by one, assuming they're afk, and killing the line of Puppetmasters.

>.>

Sorry. lol

Anyway, hope you expand some more on it, sounds cool.

<<<<This is all just for discussion's sake, not jacking yer suggestion. <3 >>>>

If I may throw in my two cents, I've always found a Puppetmaster class to be a singular pet class. Unlike a Beastmaster or Hunter, who can usually just tame whatever they want and tame more when they die, or a Warlock, Demonhunter, etc who summon things from the void and have to command whatever the dark powers feel like sending their way, having no attachment as their overlord.

Puppetmasters craft their puppets with love and care, sharing their very soul with the puppet in order to give it life. It's a mutual existence, not a dominating, controlling one where you just throw them out there to die. Perhaps, as part of the puppet's soul, it requires reagents in order to function, and those different reagents would change your puppet's form. Since Moonstone is your choice, I'd call that the 'soul', and the basis of the different types of puppet.

For example, have a 'Leather-Bound Moonstone', an 'Iron-Coated Moonstone' and a 'Diamond-Encrusted Moonstone' or whatever. Using the pet/horse equipment type interface, the 'soul' could be placed as the armor, and your puppet's skin/stats/skills would change to reflect the new soul.

I dunno, just spitballin' here.
I wanted it to be in such a way as that the puppetmaster cannot send an unlimited amount of puppets as whoever they're fighting, as that seems unfair. Perhaps if puppet placement had a 10s+ warmup, that would prevent spamming them but still make it possible to throw out a second one before whoever you're fighting would find you. A puppetmaster in a secure location would be very, very strong.

Edit- after a second read-through, that does seem like a better way of crafting the puppets... might do a workover on that, given time.

Last edited:

iAlchemist

Legacy Supporter 3
So, don't mean to shoot you down here but let's talk logistics. This class would be extremely weak in arena, obviously. Further, the overall class just seems like a coding nightmare. The extension of extra lives and more skills than normal comes with the drawback of being completely vulnerable to almost everything. The amount of reagents for this class is just crazy, making them an expensive class to play, not to mention challenging.

And I can't stress this anymore than twice, the class would just be a serious challenge to code.

Seems like an amazing scout concept (being able to see everything out of body) though. Something of a new rogue class? I don't think this qualifies as a caster.