• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion [Class] A little Cold in here...

LightTheAbsol

Legacy Supporter 3
We have pyromancer, Wizard gets a lot of fun bolt spells and two ice spells but it isn't enough!, Druid has nature, Necromancer has death,
But where is the ice?
This has actually always bothered me for some reason, not having a class based around ice when you could do a lot of fun and interesting things with it. I know that class suggestions are rarely even glanced at but I though it would take a crack at it.

It could be any kind of class (Melee, Rogue, Support, or caster) but would mainly be focused on debuffs and DPS (Take for the melee) (Do we have one of these yet? DPS/Debuff I mean.)

Melee: Mainly a support role, it would have skills able to slow and cripple enemies while staying on top with heavier armor but suffering from lower damage output.

IceKnight (I'm bad at names, OK!)
Purple text things were added in after the rest were made.

• [Skills]
  • LV 1 [Passive] (Icewalker) Ice doesn't alter your movement (you don't slide on it anymore, I don't know how hard this would be to code.)
  • LV 1 [Trigger] (skillname) a normal starting skill, something along the lines of bash or strike.
  • LV 5 [Trigger] (IceBlade) A Three second self buff making melee attacks give slowing(1) to the target for #seconds and possibly doing more damage if wanted.
  • LV 1o [Trigger] (IceShock) Hit a cone area in front of the player 5 blocks out for 30~60 damage (you choose.)
  • LV 15 [Trigger] (Rush) Something along the lines of Lunge, but deals damage.
  • LV 25 [Trigger] (Chill) Enemy within 3 blocks is Chilled, becoming slowed and having their strength sapped for 3 seconds (They would do less damage.)
  • LV 30 [Trigger] [Freeze] Enemy is frozen in a block of ice, unable to move, Range of 2 blocks. I was thinking an actual visual would be nice, a little mound on ice spawned on the player (not deleting existing blocks aside from tallgrass) and trapping them. This would work, seeing as I want the trapped player unable to be hit while under the effect of the skill. The Freeze effect lasts 2 seconds, OR until hit by someone in their party. Fire skills melt the ice regardless from who cast it, bolt spells can brake it, and some melee skills can also brake it.
  • LV 35 [Trigger] (FrostArmor) For 2 seconds, enemies that hit you take a bit of damage back and are slowed for .5 seconds.
  • LV 40 [Trigger] [Shatter] Range of 3 blocks, this only works on targets under the effect of Freeze. If it connects, the Frozen target is Shattered out of the ice, taking heavy slowness and weakness for several seconds, as well as taking 90-100 damage.
  • LV 50 [Passive] (ChillingAura) Dreadaura, replace lifesteal with slowness.
  • LV 60 [Trigger] (FrostyHowl) An Enemy within 6 blocks of you suffer nausea and slowness, and are knocked back a ways taking 50~80 damage. This causes the ground around you for 5-10 blocks freeze over (with packed ice) for 10~12 seconds.
  • LV 60 [Passive] This skill isn't listed, it's really a change once you hit level 60. Icewalker now makes you move FASTER on ice, and you take reduced knockback when on it.
Weapon would be sword, dealing 30-48 with Diamond.
Armor would be Full iron

These skills could be changed if needed and costs need to be added. I don't know enough about mana/stamina values to properly assign those costs to these skills. Please, suggest them!
Costs could be added. (Freeze could take snowballs? I don't know.)

Why the short range on Freeze and Shatter?
They are powerful skills IMO so the short range counters the power and it makes it harder to freeze and run for an escape method.

No cooldowns?!
Same with Mana/Stamina costs, I don't know quite how that plays out. Feel free to suggest though!

~~~Edit~~~

Cyromancer! DPS/Debuff Caster! These classes are made assuming only one will make the cut, some skills WILL stay the same.

• [Skills]
  • LV 1 [Passive] (Icewalker) Ice doesn't alter your movement (you don't slide on it anymore, I don't know how hard this would be to code.) (You still get the movement buff from sprint jumping on ice.)
  • LV 1 [Trigger] (Icebolt) Snowball projectile, 70-80 damage, slows.
  • LV 5 [Trigger] (IceRod) Your hoe shines with frost, for two seconds, your attacks deal ## More damage and slow enemies for .5 seconds.
  • LV 10 [Trigger] (IcicleRain) Un-grabable Ice(the item) rains from the sky (spawns 5 blocks above the player's current Y cord) every block in front of you in a cone shape six blocks outwards, dealing damage on contact 60-70 and slowing.
  • LV 15 [Trigger] (Snowbarrage) Rapidly shoot out snowballs in random directions. each flies about 7 blocks and does 40 damage. 5 balls are launched every second and the skill stays in effect for five seconds.
  • LV 20 [Trigger] (ChillingBlow) Whack the enemy with a frozen, sharpened edge of the end of your staff, dealing 120-130 damage and weakening their attacks.
  • LV 30 [Trigger] [Freeze] Enemy is frozen in a block of ice, unable to move, Range of 7 blocks. I was thinking an actual visual would be nice, a little mound on ice spawned on the player (not deleting existing blocks aside from tallgrass) and trapping them. This would work, seeing as I want the trapped player unable to be hit while under the effect of the skill. The Freeze effect lasts 2 seconds, OR until hit by someone in their party. Fire skills melt the ice regardless from who cast it, bolt spells can brake it, and some melee skills can also brake it.
  • LV 40 [Trigger] [Shatter] Range of 3 blocks, this only works on targets under the effect of Freeze. If it connects, the Frozen target is Shattered out of the ice, taking heavy slowness and weakness for several seconds, as well as taking 150-160 damage.
  • LV 50 [Trigger] (Blizzard) Same as wizard, possibly buff or nerf.
  • LV 60 [Trigger] (DeathlyCold) You freeze a target within 7 blocks for 80-95 damage and hitting everything within 3 blocks of them for 50-55 damage. This attack will fling a snowball or two out from the main target, hitting another area(or enemy if contact is made) nearby for 40-50 damage within 3 blocks of where the snowball lands like a small bomb. This causes Packed ice to temp-Freeze the floor of areas hit by the AOE for 15-20 seconds.
  • LV 60 [Passive] This skill isn't listed, it's really a change once you hit level 60. Icewalker now makes you move FASTER on ice, and you take reduced knockback when on it.

Again, no idea what to do for cooldowns/mana/stamina uses. Might rearrange skills, they seem outa order IMO.

Cyro would use Hoes, doing more or less the same damage as the other caster classes.
Armor would be full leather.

~~Edit, Fixed level 15 Cyro skill, was missing for some reason.~~
~~Edit, changed DeathlyCold to cause Packed Ice to temp spawn, replacing the ground where the AOEs hit so that the level 60 passive isn't useless outside of a snow biome.~~
~Edit, added weapons/armor.~

~Edit, If you think you have a cooler class name, please share. I'm willing to take new names :3~~

I feel like this should be added due to the fact that we don't really have a true Debuff/DPS class yet (unless I'm forgetting something.) Basing the new class(s) on ice would work well seeing as it would fit in well with the other Caster classes/Melee classes. It would fit in with PvP nicely to act as group control with the slows/AOEs on Cryomancer, and a good distraction with Iceknight.

I do realize other things are in development atm, and I don't feel as if this needs to be added within like a month. I personally don't mind if this wasn't added till next year, long as it happens eventually. Cryomancer would round out the casters nicely, Iceknight was kind of just my imagination running wild :3

Last edited:

Watermelon_01

Legacy Supporter 2
I mean that druid does have the natural spells but it does have the bolt ones that no other one besides wiz has (though since he has all the others, I don't consider it a bolt class).

Irishman81

Senior Staff
Guide
Architect
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 7
Actually, Druid has more bolt spells, Wizard has more of a mix of everything (hence the missing class with ice spells I guess).
No... Druid has bolt, wizard has bolt and mega bolt.

Dewyn

Retired Staff
I'd rather have an Ice-based class on the Caster path instead, call it Cryomancer :D

Cryomancer would make an interesting fifth caster. (I'm just talking here; in practicality it might end up going the way of Pyro and being shunted aside because it "needs a fix" or whatever.) I'd be interested to see how this goes ;P

LightTheAbsol

Legacy Supporter 3
Please, if you think it's weak, suggest changes to make it stronger/more balanced. Writeing out cryomancer atm.
~~Edit, Cyro is finished and feedback is appreciated!~~

Last edited:

Watermelon_01

Legacy Supporter 2
As long as it doesn't turn into a troll like beguiler than inhibits people from doing anything I think whatever you come up with will be good :)

Beau_Nearh

Portal
Well I suppose I'll actually give a proper reply;

Currently, there are many things within the pipe line such as T2 classes and their additional skills they may receive. As well as that, huge changes are currently undergoing on the current classes (armor mitigation is also another thing in the pipe). I do like the idea of having a class soley based around debuffing and ice based skills but there just isn't a need for it (yet). I really doubt this would be added I'm afraid. However, I would ask you why do you think this should be added and what will it actually add that isn't already present within other classes (this is constructive critisam, don't take it the wrong way).