• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion City Regions

Rumblestikk

Legacy Supporter 6
As the Mayor of Malkier I would like to voice concern and then suggest something.

We upgraded to City today 11/3/2012 at around 12:30PM PST.

Let me inform you on what it takes to go from Town to City
  • 20,000 Coin
  • 1,000 Bookshelf
  • 2,500 Brick
  • 2,000 Cactus
  • 1,000 Clay Block
  • 1,000 Clay Brick
  • 2,500 Coal
  • 200,000 Cobblestone
  • 2,000 Cooked Fish
  • 300 Diamond Block
  • 500 Emerald Block
  • 25 End Stone
  • 2,000 Glowstone
  • 50 Golden Apple
  • 10,000 Gravel
  • 500 Ice
  • 2,000 Iron Block
  • 1,000 Lapis Lazuli Block
  • 25,000 Log
  • 300 Moss Stone
  • 100 Mossy Stone Brick
  • 100 Mycelium
  • 1,000 Obsidian
  • 500 Pumpkin
  • 2,500 Sand
  • 2,500 Sapling
  • 25,000 Stone
  • 500 TNT
  • 5,000 White Wool
After we finished the list, we were excited and held a town party. I upgraded the town after giving a speech to my townies. While I updated my town thread, my townies went to check the regions. What they found was a little ... depressing. My regions had gone out by 1 chunk, not 2 like before. Also, some corners are still on our Town region.

By this, not only do my townies feel cheated of all the stuff they donated, I feel that I was as well.

My suggestion - Each town Radius upgrade to be 2 chunks. It really makes no sense that a town upgrade from Hamlet to Town costs less but gives 2 chunks instead of just 1 or the algorith needs to be looked at and fix the corners of the region that are still touching "Town" regions. It seems everywhere BUT my corners got 1 more chunk. This is upsetting.

I was excited to get my town to first City today, however, I'm a little bit upset at the way this works for City vs Town. even some of my townies are joking that maybe the Capital region will only be half a chunk. (We know this isn't possible.)

F

Falker57

I am pretty sure that they didnt think anyone would have gotten regions that fast so they didnt worry about fixing it. Also grats that is insane how you guys got it

Rumblestikk

Legacy Supporter 6
I am pretty sure that they didnt think anyone would have gotten regions that fast so they didnt worry about fixing it. Also grats that is insane how you guys got it

Finished the thread, damn google chrome messed up. Apperently Town to City is 1 chunk, along with City to Capital accoring to the wiki. If I had known this, I would have waited instead of pushing for it.

Never under-estimate the power of the player.

Kam744

ICE ICE ICE!
This is a sick world we live in, where a man can't get the right chunks.

#FirstWorldProblems.

Morningstar42

Glowing Redstone
I wish atleast all the corners were pushed out by 1 block, instead of some of them being in the exact same place as before

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
As you upgrade, you exponentially get more area/block protected. For the same reason that the map doesn't expand 500R every time we have a release, it is far too large on the disk.

While I don't have an issue with granting Chnk radius to 8 instead of 7 (2) I can't go back and easily fix that you've already updated.

Upon reaching Capital/Huge, it would jump to 9 (which is +1) from 8. Increasing it to 10 may be too much of an area and could start overlapping townships...

Rumblestikk

Legacy Supporter 6
As you upgrade, you exponentially get more area/block protected. For the same reason that the map doesn't expand 500R every time we have a release, it is far too large on the disk.

While I don't have an issue with granting Chnk radius to 8 instead of 7 (2) I can't go back and easily fix that you've already updated.

Upon reaching Capital/Huge, it would jump to 9 (which is +1) from 8. Increasing it to 10 may be too much of an area and could start overlapping townships...

Hm. So you cant even add just the corners? Cause even if you push it by 1, the corners are still on Town regions.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Hm. So you cant even add just the corners? Cause even if you push it by 1, the corners are still on Town regions.
All upgrades now provide 2 additional chunks. The only way we can fix this is to have you get on dhx.zapto.org - get with DANDA do give you the town items, upgrade the region there and then, copy the REGION info back onto live - and we can do a restart. Danda - care to assist?

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
I'll get on that tomorrow. I'm about to go to sleep.

Rumblestikk

Legacy Supporter 6
Danda I will be on tonight when you wake up, much like last night. We can get this worked out.

Kainzo Thank you for the help, glad to see such a quick fix. Does it matter WHERE I claim the region?