• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion CITIZENS / DENIZENS / QUESTING

Archmage_Lloyd

Soulsand
This is obviously a work in progress, so why am I suggesting then?
I simply wish to add my opinions

Well, as it is quests are a bit buggy but I have no qualms with that, If anything if they were bug-less I would throw laptop away asking why there are no bugs for us to point out :eek:

So then what am I suggesting then? Many simple things.

1.0; CITIZEN AND VILLAGER SETTINGS.
Well as you know there are alot of people in the new high capitol of Hero Craft; Bastion. Are these all meant to give us quests or are they purely there for aesthetic reasons? Knowing that this will be a nightmare to code it is an "ultimate challenge " for the coding team and Kainzo,

Movement. No one moves, everyone is still, nobody on the streets and empty houses... It can be improved on. For instance some villagers may pace, some may just walk along the streets, heck if anything, model children running around the loop playing tag. As long as Bastion doesn't seem dead, dis regarding all the heroes running around. So a simple movement could be done.

1.1; RE-SKINNING
Is it just me, or all of us? If you removed the name plates then how the hell do we know what to do and who has quests?! THEY ALL LOOK LIKE STEVE..... STEVE. If they say they are all related then I would not be surprised, make them all unique in their own way, so that I dont mix up "Barkeep Tim" with "Drunkard". I'm sure it may bug alot of us that they have no aspect that separates them. Please re-skin.

1.2; TALKING
Does it bother anyone else that even though its a work in progress and could take months to complete the NPC's say their lines in chat thats unreadable because ... I don't know it looks like another chat? why can't they /tell you what is being said. Pink stands out more than gold, orange and yellow.
Secondly, they give you the quest then say "I have nothing more for you right now" WELL GODDAMN does that mean that I will go unemployed? "No clue" CAN you give me a hint on what im supposed to do Mr Barkeep Tim? "I have nothing more for you right now" If anything make a quest Display on the HUD that is toggle able through ./partym and re-position able. Its like i have to overcome all communication barriers...

1.3; NAMING
Their names are unique in every aspect and can be worked on a bit but no bugs/issues. HOWEVER there is still the fact that im having trouble distinguishing between Citizen, Quest-Giver and a third one (refer to 2.0) Can they please have colored names? Please, I have trouble find the Quest-Givers and those who stare into space not talking to me. CITIZEN = Green Quest-Giver = Gold it would give us a little hint as to where quests are without admins pointing the way. (note I don't expect a big shiny question mark above their heads ... tho that may be possible :3)

2.0; THE NEW TYPE OF CITIZEN / DENIZEN

Here it is, a main part of my idea, why not have Guardsman in Bastion? Guardsman = Orange or Red
They can be generally rude and never have their composure broken... and the best part? Fully tailored in iron armor, housed in the barracks all around town, Protecting citizens. I have a unique system in mind for them.
1. They attack all hostile mobs ON SIGHT with a 20 block sight radius with NO obstructions to Field of View
2. They CAN die but re-spawn in 10 minutes
3. similar to zombie pig men, they run fast and hit hard dealing 70 damage per hit, hitting twice a second,
- They have 1000 HP and regenerate 1 hp every 2 seconds in NON COMBAT.
they are kill able by players but similar to zombie pig men, if any other guard see's this, they charge you and murder you.

All this offers up as bastion being more real world. You can open up ideas for new events and make hostile Rebel guards, forcing heroes to dispatch them.

2.1 ; COMPANIONS?!
Some may be thinking "that's not in the spirit of things!" well if its hardcore then you are gonna need help from the inside. These trusty people are Hirelings, ONE time use, They do not PVP (Only PVE, you gain half the EXP) and you pay them to .... help you.

IDEAS
All cost 500c by the way , and can only have 1 hireling at a time.

Caster
Have 300 hp 200 mana
Full leather armor Never breaking
Passives
-Offers arcane knowledge and gives the player a slight 20 mana boost.
-Player is less resistant to mob attacks (10% more damage)
-REPLACEABLE HIRELING.
-Are unkillable by PLAYERS
-PASSIVES are PROXIMITY RANGE

Actives
-Casts fireball, root fire-blast and Bolt on MOBS only.

ROGUES
have 400 hp 100 mana
Full leather armor Never breaking
Passives
-Can assist with finding small objects in the ground dropped by mobs. 30% more mob drops.
-Player is more resistant to fall damage (2 extra blocks)
-Take more mob damage (10%)
-REPLACEABLE HIRELING
Actives
-Uses kick, and attacks for 70 damage

WARRIORS
600 hp 100 mana
Full Chain Armor Never breaking
Passives
-Shares MOB damage with the player (soul bond)
-Player takes higher projectile damage (20%)
-REPLACEABLE HIRELING
Actives
Attacks for 60 damage, uses bash and strike.

Healer TBD (to be determined)

Questing can also implement into this! say "take <Name here> to <Name here's mom> "
Its all an option and I believe our coding team has the guts and knowlege to do this in a cinch! .... I know I dont.....

Roadkill909

ICE ICE ICE!
Movement. No one moves, everyone is still, nobody on the streets and empty houses... It can be improved on. For instance some villagers may pace, some may just walk along the streets, heck if anything, model children running around the loop playing tag. As long as Bastion doesn't seem dead, dis regarding all the heroes running around. So a simple movement could be done.

Citizens has a way to do this, but I'm not sure if the NPC can walk and give quests at the same time. Villagers would be nice, but they'd get slaughtered unless a plugin was made to prevent villager's getting damaged in the main city.

1.1; RE-SKINNING
Is it just me, or all of us? If you removed the name plates then how the hell do we know what to do and who has quests?! THEY ALL LOOK LIKE STEVE..... STEVE.
When I worked with Citizens, in order to reskin them, you have to own the minecraft account of the name of the NPC. I've heard making the name different than the skin is also a pain.

Here it is, a main part of my idea, why not have Guardsman in Bastion?

They have something like this called a sentry

2.1 ; COMPANIONS?!

They can use the sentry for this, but turning it into a combat class may get tricky. I also have never looked into the performance specs of these, so I'm not sure if 100 sentries would lag the server.

Archmage_Lloyd

Soulsand
Well its ideas :3 so naturally feedback is always welcome. I like the idea of sentries, But quite obviously for herocraft they would have to be reworked a bit.

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
1.0; CITIZEN AND VILLAGER SETTINGS.
This is possible but I don't have the necessary permissions for the commands I need to set up the way-points at the present.
1.1; RE-SKINNING
This is not possible as the way NPC work is they're skinned off of the Minecraft account name they're named after. Which is why Kainzo and Mojang employees have skins while most the NPC don't (since the accounts don't exist)
1.2; TALKING
This is pretty easy to do and seems like a good plan. I'll look into changing the text colours to stand out more at some point.
1.3; NAMING
again this is possible and I'll look into doing this at some point.
Easily doable using Sentry I'm also planning to use these in the future as part of quests to script Boss fights as such.
2.1 ; COMPANIONS?!
This isn't really something that fits with HC at the present. However this is somewhat possible with sentry I don't think that we could get them using heroes skills. Ontop of that Hundreds of these things running around is likely to cause stability issues.

EDIT: @Roadkill909 Eh I cover more topics than you.

Archmage_Lloyd

Soulsand
Hmmm, Dozens of sentries running around. Well... we can make it so that they are quest npc's and you only get em for the duration of a quest... or we could limit the number and weaken the sentry so that it more often dies and others get a chance with it.

leftovers5

Legacy Supporter 8
I would love to see spawn more lively. Guards that can be attacked, NPCs that have paths, etc.

Archmage_Lloyd

Soulsand
It should be all possible, I asked my coding teacher today he said that it IS possible and also he has taught the class how to make a mod already for MC but he also said its extremely difficult.

Roadkill909

ICE ICE ICE!
Because something is possible does not mean it can be done quickly.

I'm sure the staff has more plans for NPCs, they just haven't had time to implement them, yet.

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
It should be all possible, I asked my coding teacher today he said that it IS possible and also he has taught the class how to make a mod already for MC but he also said its extremely difficult.
Yes but we didn't write the plugin we're using. We don't have enough man power to write more plugins at the present.

OrangeAngel

Legacy Supporter 2
Please note, Denizens is NOT specifically for Questing. It is just questing capable. Much like how Herocraft is not a PvP server, it just has PvP enabled. (Simply for comparison).