• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Chaos Orb Projectile Speed

Delfofthebla

Legacy Supporter 4
Retired Staff
Currently, the Pyromancer skill "Chaos Orb" is kinda derpy. Thankfully, Kainzo fixed the teleport aspect to this skill, but I still believe that there is an issue with the ability.

As of right now, the projectile is incredibly slow and it moves a maximum of 3-5 blocks.

I believe I heard before that Kainzo wishes for this to be a short range ability, and that's fine if that's how he thinks it should be, but I still think the projectile speed is a major issue.

Right now, you can only hope to land the skill in two situations.

1. The person is standing still.
2. The person is running straight at you.

If neither of those two conditions are met, you just simply cannot land the skill.

Why? Because you outrun your own projectile!

That's right. You sprint faster than the projectile travels. Which means anyone who you are chasing is free from this ability. Not only will it never reach them, it will never reach you, the one who casted it.

So, I propose an increase in the projectile speed to alleviate this issue.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
It is by design to have a slower projectile speed than its counter-part (Fireball).

This is a dual-use skill. While the velocity on the projectile may come up slightly, it is toned down because of the teleport counterpart.