• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Change to Stat Buff Mechanics

Dakinara

Legacy Supporter 6
I like the concept of the stat buffs that healers have, but the current mechanics are somewhat lacking IMO. While some of the buffs are generally less valuable than others, my biggest gripe is the reagent cost. Five gold ingots is not a huge cost, but it is enough of a disincentive to use these anywhere outside of pvp tournaments. But in pvp tournaments with free reagents, some of these are incredibly powerful and a huge advantage for certain class compositions over others when they can be freely applied across an entire group.

So my suggestion is to remove the reagent cost, choose a duration somewhere between 5-10 minutes, and make the duration = the cooldown. Then these buffs can freely be kept on one target at a time, pretty powerful but not as crazy as applying across an entire group. Alternatively, if the intent is that they be group buffs, reduce the buff value from 15 to 5, remove reagent, and make groupwide.

Last edited:

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
I like the concept of the stat buffs that healers have, but the current mechanics are somewhat lacking IMO. While some of the buffs are generally less valuable than others, my biggest gripe is the reagent cost. Five gold ingots is not a huge cost, but it is enough of a disincentive to use these anywhere outside of pvp tournaments. But in pvp tournaments with free reagents, some of these are incredibly powerful and a huge advantage for certain class compositions over others when they can be freely applied across an entire group.

So my suggestion is to remove the reagent cost, choose a duration somewhere between 5-10 minutes, and make the duration = the cooldown. Then these buffs can freely be kept on one target at a time, pretty powerful but not as crazy as applying across an entire group. Alternatively, if the intent is that they be group buffs, reduce the buff value from 15 to 5, remove reagent, and make groupwide.
I think lowering the reagent cost isnt a bad thing... but setting the cooldown to equal the duration dissuade team effort and devalues the buffs.

Dakinara

Legacy Supporter 6
I think lowering the reagent cost isnt a bad thing... but setting the cooldown to equal the duration dissuade team effort and devalues the buffs.

well, if want them to be group buffs could just make group wide (if possible?). Either way, i just feel like the reagent cost to duration is off, feels like they dont really get used outside of pvp tournaments right now

Dakinara

Legacy Supporter 6
@0xNaomi can make group-size buffs - just rename them

very cool. While you are here... any thoughts on giving druid and cleric a non-self castable heal for single target healing quality of life issues? The current healing system is problematic when you try to heal people with single target spells. Because of the hitboxes in minecraft being goofy, you will almost always heal yourself instead of the ally in front of you. You can work around this some with macros, but it becomes a real PIA to macro 4-5 people into each spell, especially when names frequently change from group to group.

It would be soooo nice if druid and cleric could get a version of bloodgift (bloodmage spell) which is coded to where it cannot target self. If it was a low healing, low cooldown version (like soothe or sacredtouch, but not self castable) that would allow us to heal people without always having to macro peoples names out. I dont really think it would have much if any effect on balance since it would not be self castable.

Just curious what you think ...

Last edited:

Delfofthebla

Legacy Supporter 4
Retired Staff
For extra fun, make it an aura buff where you have to be around the caster to hold the effect.
(I have a move speed buff with that logic coded locally)
Ehh that creates a really annoying setup for fights on HC. Playing Bard is often really annoying because of this mechanic. And while it does work for bard, I don't think it's a good fit for "party buffs" from healer classes.

I think you'd be better off removing the buffs if the caster left the party, or if the receiver left the party.

Egorh

Outcast
Legacy Supporter 7
On the topic of stat buffs I also believe that there shout be more stat debuffs. The only one I can think of is Engulfing totem (takes away agility).

0xNaomi

Legacy Supporter 6
Retired Staff
I think you'd be better off removing the buffs if the caster left the party, or if the receiver left the party.
That logic already exists.
On the topic of stat buffs I also believe that there shout be more stat debuffs. The only one I can think of is Engulfing totem (takes away agility).
Whatever the melee slow kick is on Shaman does it, too.
We could also make a whole new class based around debuffs.
You have no idea how much I want a dark shaman.

Egorh

Outcast
Legacy Supporter 7
Sounds Necro-ee.

Or perhaps Beguiler?
Instead of just putting stat debuffs into one or two classes there would probably be ways to incorparate it into existing skills

Example:
Manafreeze also brings the person's wisdom to 0 during the duration. Meaning if they use a heal while their mana is frozen it will be much more wimpy (they would have 0 wisdom)

Delfofthebla

Legacy Supporter 4
Retired Staff
Yea I guess that would work too, but I was thinking more of our current class setup.

Instead of just putting stat debuffs into one or two classes there would probably be ways to incorparate it into existing skills

Example:
Manafreeze also brings the person's wisdom to 0 during the duration. Meaning if they use a heal while their mana is frozen it will be much more wimpy (they would have 0 wisdom)
Bringing Wisdom down to 0 does a lot more than just halt mana regeneration. (Which, by the way, it already stops mana regeneration completely) It effectively destroys any healer's ability to heal during that time.

Egorh

Outcast
Legacy Supporter 7
Yea I guess that would work too, but I was thinking more of our current class setup.

Bringing Wisdom down to 0 does a lot more than just halt mana regeneration. (Which, by the way, it already stops mana regeneration completely) It effectively destroys any healer's ability to heal during that time.
That was my point, being able to stop a healer from healing effectively for a certain amount of time would give more 'appeal' to Dreadknight, and make it more viable in group situations (of course the duration of mana freeze would have to be lowered-it is 10s right now)