• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Chance of gold drop

BiItSe

Iron
I've noticed getting gold is no easy task on this server, so could we get like 10-25% chance of 20-30 gold?

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
If you mean by killing mobs: Then there is (might not be anymore) a slight chance to get a gold nugget when killing
mobs
And the what would the point of gold be if it was easy (which in reality isnt as hard as people make it sound)
It wouldnt be worth anything if it was easy to obtain

Dsawemd

Wiki Team
Legacy Supporter 8
I've noticed getting gold is no easy task on this server, so could we get like 10-25% chance of 20-30 gold?

What? Free money? No.

If it seems like a perfunctory response, I put in as much thought as you did in your suggestion <3.

Eldrylars

Legacy Supporter 8
Although I am heavily against "free money" I do believe that players should be able to make a profit from killing mobs.

With a good pick a player could average about 100-200c per hour in coin from gold. I believe that a player killing mobs should be able to make 100c an hour at least(which right now is not possible)

I personally believe nugget drop rate should be increased to 80-100% per mob. I don't see why players should be forced to mine to make money as killing mobs should be a reliable way to make cash for all those mob killers out there.

joshtsai

Legacy Supporter 2
With the mob rates at this point, and how hard certain mobs I don't see issues with a high rate.

Eldrylars

Legacy Supporter 8
Mobs already drop nuggets on death... we may be able to raise the drop rate slightly

Yeah, what I am talking about is the drop rate. I killed 15 mobs last night with a looting 3 sword and got 1 nugget.
It took about 12 minutes to find and kill all of the mobs which even with a 100% drop rate would only net me 75c an hour.

I know Dragons money rate was crazy high and was pure profit as it was deposited in your wallet as pure C. Since Bastion you are gaining a physical object(nuggets) which can be lost on death I don't think it would be to unbalancing to change the drop rate to at least 80% if not 100%.

As an example,
100% drop rate @ 60 mobs per hour is still only 60c. I don't know many people that can find and kill more then 60 mobs an hour without cheating the system. Even if somehow someone managed to find and kill 120 mobs an hour(1 mob per 30 seconds) that's still only 120c which could be lost if killed.